Windows 10: Added SSD to system and installed windows 10. However all programs that I want to leave on...

Discus and support Added SSD to system and installed windows 10. However all programs that I want to leave on... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, so I have just installed a small SSD into my PC with the view of running the OS from that and leaving all my existing programs and data on my 1T... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by csun12, Feb 20, 2021.

1. csun12 Win User

Added SSD to system and installed windows 10. However all programs that I want to leave on...

Hi, so I have just installed a small SSD into my PC with the view of running the OS from that and leaving all my existing programs and data on my 1T HDD. I read that the best way to do this is to do a clean install of Windows 10 on the SSD which I have now done and got working okay.

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]Initially I was unable to access any of the data in the Users folder on the HDD because of admin issues. I have now got this fixed and re-directed all of the folders, 'Documents' 'Pictures' 'Music' etc so that they now link to the HDD. One problem I'm still having is that the programs that are installed on the HDD are not showing up, either in the windows search bar or in programs and features my understanding is that the OS on the SSD won't recognise these as they were effectively installed under a different OS. Now I can go into the location folders for these programs and create new shortcuts and launch them that way but it's not working for all programs and they still aren't being recognised by the new OS. I've read in a few places that you have to re-format the old drive and install everything again but if I can avoid doing that and having to move around 600gb of programs and files then that would be preferable.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]Also to note windows 10 is still installed on the old HDD but i’m now booting from the SDD, what is the best way to remove all the windows files from this drive. Is it as simple as deleting the windows folder, imagine it won’t be quite as straightforward as this? [/COLOR]

Thanks in Advance

:)

csun12, Feb 20, 2021

2. Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Feb 20, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Added SSD to system and installed windows 10. However all programs that I want to leave on...

Windows 10 installing progs

You did an upgrade.

eidairaman1, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Added SSD to system and installed windows 10. However all programs that I want to leave on...

1. Added SSD to system and installed windows 10. However all programs that I want to leave on... - Similar Threads - Added SSD system

2. I want to install windows in ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to install windows in ssd: I want to ssd install and windows in ssd by online support https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-install-windows-in-ssd/41259377-14db-45df-b740-e45a74b03a2b
  3. I want to install windows in ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to install windows in ssd: I want to ssd install and windows in ssd by online support https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-install-windows-in-ssd/41259377-14db-45df-b740-e45a74b03a2b
  4. I want to install windows in ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Resizing photo program/app that added blowing leaves

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Resizing photo program/app that added blowing leaves: I resized a pix in Win's 10, I was using Snip or Snip and Sketch, it's the only resizing prog on the laptop, at the bottom of pix in the program was option to add ''addons'', there were four options to add to the pix. I hadn't noticed this before, I clicked ''leaves'' just...
  6. Resizing photo program/app that added falling leaves

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Resizing photo program/app that added falling leaves: I resized a pix in Win's 10, I was using Snip or Snip and Sketch, I beleive, it's the only resizing prog on the laptop, at the bottom of pix in the program was option to add ''extras'', I clicked ''leaves'' and it added leaves and exported the pix as an MP4, with blowing...
  7. Want to Install Windows 10 on Used SSD

Want to Install Windows 10 on Used SSD: I want to install a used SSD from the family, set the SSD to master, and move the current HHDs with Windows 10 to slaves. I have a Windows 10 digital license that is active with my Microsoft Account. I used Windows Media Creation Tool to generate an ISO. I am unable to burn...
  8. Leave Programs and Apps running all the time?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Leave Programs and Apps running all the time?: Hello: I have always closed all programs I am using when I leave my computer That goes for Home or work. I leave the Computer on 24/7 at both places. I just wondered If I need to keep doing this or if it is really OK now days to just leave the programs I use running...
  9. HDD to SSD change, Want to install Windows 10 in SSD

HDD to SSD change, Want to install Windows 10 in SSD: Hello There, I have purchased a laptop Model: 81DE(Lenovo Ideapad330-15IKB U) with preinstalled genuine windows in it activated by digital lisense. Now I have installed SSD drive and want to install Windows 10 into the SSD drive, How to install windows 10 into that drive??...
  10. Itemized List of All Installed Programs (I want to print this list)

in Windows 10 Support
    Itemized List of All Installed Programs (I want to print this list): I know more than a few times I asked for tech support. Someone here had me run a program. While it did many things one thing it did, it created a text file with all the major (or all) programs installed on my computer. I guess that is necessary when helping me troubleshoot?...