Windows 10: * Added to File Extention

Discus and support * Added to File Extention in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good evening, I recently took files from my Tablet and transferred them to my Thumb Drive. I plugged the drive into my PC and for each file, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lyteskyn78, Oct 31, 2018.

1. * Added to File Extention

Good evening,

I recently took files from my Tablet and transferred them to my Thumb Drive. I plugged the drive into my PC and for each file, the file name now reads...

examplefilename.jpg.*

or

Examplemoviename.mp4.*

And neither of the two will open.

Has this happened to anyone? Is there a solution?

:)

Lyteskyn78, Oct 31, 2018

2. I have added the file count column to my folder in File Explorer. However, the actual file count is not displaying.

Hi Loren,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you added file count column for folders in File Explorer? What are the steps did you followed?
    • When you say, "actual file count is not displaying" is this issue specific to any folder or happening with all folders?
    • Have you installed any third party anti-virus on your system?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View from navigation pane and choose Detail pane.
    Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 31, 2018
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Milestones

What's the next step after 250k?

I think we should have a list added to the origional post with all the milestones

4. * Added to File Extention

Why use an ADBANNER BLOCKING HOSTS file? Here is why:

APK... Whats interesting about http://www.admuncher.com/ is that it builds a ban list automatically from "ad shaped" gifs + many other features. Worth looking at (Suggestion from a programmers perspective... not recommendation to use it).

Completely Bonkers, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

* Added to File Extention

1. * Added to File Extention - Similar Threads - Added File Extention

2. removing file extentions with special characters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    removing file extentions with special characters: I have downloaded data but the files have additional extensions with special characters. I need to remove this but rename does not work as it doesn't recognise the special characters.the files names are as follow...
  3. file extention

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    file extention: my embroidery files now show as a NSG.DocumentHow do I correct and keep them from changing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-extention/69c776f0-427a-49ab-af7a-6033ff161fcd
  4. FILES ENCRYPTED WITH .ENFP EXTENTION

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    FILES ENCRYPTED WITH .ENFP EXTENTION: Split from this thread. I HAVE SAME ISSUE REGARDING FILE DECRYPTION, MY ALL FILES ENCRYPTED WITH .ENFP EXTENTION.....WHEN I TRY TO DECRYPT IT WITH STOP DJVU EMISSOFT DECRYPTER TOOL; IT FAILED AND SHOWS THAT IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DECRYPT THESE FILES BECAUSE IT IS AN ONLINE ID...
  5. Newly saved files not including file extention

Newly saved files not including file extention: Hello, When I download a new file the file is not downloading the file type as part of the new file name. For instance when I download my newest bank statement the is downloading as 'StatementDecember' rather than 'StatementDecember.pdf'. This is happening when...
  6. conflict of file extentions

conflict of file extentions: I have constantly run into a conflict between VLC and thinkorswim over the file extension of ".ts" As far as I can see there is no way to remove the association from either program, Thinkorswim does not show up in the associations and VLC does but there is no option to...
  7. Files infected with .moba Extention

Files infected with .moba Extention: Split from this thread. recently my all files infected with .moba Extention. is there any way to recover them ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/files-infected-with-moba-extention/2e318daf-a40c-4776-814f-4ce8549b415e
  8. How to remove .karl extention files, save that file which have .karl extention and solve...

How to remove .karl extention files, save that file which have .karl extention and solve...: a few days ago, this netbook make strange behavior, all have .karl extention like pdf, doc, winzip, winrar, .exe, txt, and I was unable to use browser. then this netbook already reinstall but in drive d still there are files in .karl extention, I tried to change some of them...
  9. Assigning file extentions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Assigning file extentions: My default program for the .wmv extension is DivXplus Player. I want to change it to VLC Media Player. On Windows 8.1 it was real easy to do that. It gave you a list of extensions and you could assign any executable to it. On Windows 10 I never could figure out how to do...
  10. Assigning file extentions

in Windows 10 Support
    Assigning file extentions: My default program for the .wmv extension is DivXplus Player. I want to change it to VLC Media Player. On Windows 8.1 it was real easy to do that. It gave you a list of extensions and you could assign any executable to it. On Windows 10 I never could figure out how to do...