Windows 10: Added work account to laptop and now it says windows isn't activated

Discus and support Added work account to laptop and now it says windows isn't activated in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently added my work email account to my home laptop. I work in a school. When I added the account my version of windows changed to windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ThomasParsley, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Added work account to laptop and now it says windows isn't activated

I recently added my work email account to my home laptop. I work in a school. When I added the account my version of windows changed to windows 10 Education and it started saying my copy of windows is not activated. I assume this is because my activation key is for another version of windows. I have since removed the account from my laptop but the version of windows has not reverted and the settings still say that "some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation". I removed the account from my work over a month ago now and yet it still has not changed and it is still insisting that I activate windows. How do I fix this and return my computer to normal? As I stated the account is already removed from my laptop only my personal account remains and this has been the case for over a month now.

:)

ThomasParsley, Aug 30, 2019

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Activation says linked to your Microsoft account, how do you sell it?

No need to create any user accounts.

Step 1.) Clean install Windows 10, the same edition you are currently using and which is digitally licensed. Be sure to delete all existing partitions and install to unallocated space!

Step 2.) When you arrive to region selection screen, press SHIFT + F10 (press and hold SHIFT key, press F10 key and release both keys). This will open Command Prompt:

Added work account to laptop and now it says windows isn't activated [​IMG]

Step 3.) Enter following command and press Enter to shut down PC:

shutdown -s -t 0 -f

Added work account to laptop and now it says windows isn't activated [​IMG]

That's it. PC will be shut down, when the new owner will power on it first time it will be like a first boot of a new computer, letting new owner to select region and keyboard, set up user account and select privacy options.

4. Added work account to laptop and now it says windows isn't activated

Printer isn´t working after latest update.

Managed to solve it... here´s how I did it just in case anyone else has the same problem...

->Settings

->Printers & scanners

->Add a printer or scanner

->The printer that I want isn´t listed

->Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings

->Use an existing port: USB001 (Virtual printer port for USB)

->Choose printer

->Use the driver that is currently installed

->Type printer name

And done... =P

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

Added work account to laptop and now it says windows isn't activated

1. Added work account to laptop and now it says windows isn't activated - Similar Threads - Added account laptop

2. Just reset my laptop. Now windows isn't activated.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just reset my laptop. Now windows isn't activated.: My laptop was having issues not booting and wasn't able to roll back to a recovery point. So I reset it and everything was working fine. however at the moment it's saying my windows isn't activated, and there's now a watermark in the corner of my screen. Is there somewhere I...
  3. Just reset my laptop. Now windows isn't activated.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Just reset my laptop. Now windows isn't activated.: My laptop was having issues not booting and wasn't able to roll back to a recovery point. So I reset it and everything was working fine. however at the moment it's saying my windows isn't activated, and there's now a watermark in the corner of my screen. Is there somewhere I...
  4. Just reset my laptop. Now windows isn't activated.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 pro isn't activated, activate windows now

Windows 10 pro isn't activated, activate windows now: About 3 years ago I got a laptop with windows 10 pro already on it as a gift. A few months ago a watermark saying "Windows isn't activated, activate windows now" popped up and is still saying I have a non-genuine version of windows 10 pro. When I go to settings > activation...
  6. Windows 10 Pro --- "Windows isn't activated. Activate Windows now."

Windows 10 Pro --- "Windows isn't activated. Activate Windows now.": I recently purchased Windows 10 Pro through Microsoft. Since I installed it, I get this message: "Windows isn't activated. Activate now." I've re-installed it but get the same message. The Activation page shows a product ID and partial Product Key, but I cannot find the full...
  7. Now my Windows is not active and it constantly says Activate windows

Now my Windows is not active and it constantly says Activate windows: Hi there, I have purchased a Lenovo Lap 3 months back. Got Windows Home 10 Licence for a year free with the package. Now my Windows is not active and it constantly says Activate windows. The troubleshoot says My licence is for Windows Home 10 Single Language Whereas I am...
  8. Changed hardware and now windows isn't activated.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Changed hardware and now windows isn't activated.: I've already gone through the built in trouble-shooting and I don't have any other accounts with this version of windows on it. I got my original computer from a friend about four years ago and swapped out everything except for the drives, so you can say I built a new...
  9. windows 10 was activated but now says needs activating,

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 was activated but now says needs activating,: so basically I had windows 8.1 pro I think it was, it was the top windows 8 anyway. so after windows 10 came out I upgraded and had no issues up until now where my computer says my windows is not activated. Can someone help me get round this issue so I can update my computer...
  10. Microsoft Says Windows 10 Activation Should Now Work as Expected

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Says Windows 10 Activation Should Now Work as Expected: Windows 10 comes as a free upgrade for those running genuine Windows 7 or 8.1 on their computers, and Microsoft tells everyone to perform the upgrade directly to Windows 10 in order to activate the new operating system and then be able to reinstall as many times they wish...