Windows 10: Added Yahoo to Gmail account. New received Yahoo emails not received

Discus and support Added Yahoo to Gmail account. New received Yahoo emails not received in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Added Yahoo to Gmail account. New received Yahoo emails not received in Gmail It did bring in all of the emails in my folders from Yahoo perfectly... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by pcumming, Dec 12, 2020.

1. pcumming Win User

Added Yahoo to Gmail account. New received Yahoo emails not received

Added Yahoo to Gmail account. New received Yahoo emails not received in Gmail

It did bring in all of the emails in my folders from Yahoo perfectly and put them under a new heading in Gmail as [email protected]

However I was hoping it would also read the emails that show up (new) in my Yahoo email as they are received by Yahoo?

I decided to no longer pay the subscription price for ad free Yahoo which now includes forwarding emails. So I cannot set up forwarding anymore. I initially tried setting up an outlook.com email address with my yahoo account linked but UNLESS the email is sent directly to the @Outlook.com address it will not forward. And on occasion outlook.com shuts off the forwarding rule automatically. Strange.

Perhaps there is another webmail to try?

Why do I want to do this? Well Alexa can read emails from Gmail and Gmail only.
    And I have used Yahoo for so long I do not want to change every single contact I know, subscription, sign in, etc to gmail.....

Thanks in advance,
    Peter

:)

pcumming, Dec 12, 2020
  2. Mustang Win User

Yahoo account won't receive mail

I've started using Mail app in Wndows 10 on a trial basis, on my desktop PC.

I've added my Yahoo mail account and can send emails but cannot receive them.

I tried using a solution offered in a post on another thread, by logging into my Yahoo account, and going to security to add a specific password for my account for apps, but cannot find any option to do this.

The only option it offers is to use/disable less secure options.

Any help would be appreciated.

Update: Mail started being received 30 minutes after I had sent it from another email client.

Gripes about Mail app:

• Emails can't be saved to desktop
    • Font defaults can't be set size and text chosen, eg Arial

Mustang, Dec 12, 2020
  3. edthec Win User
    Updating Yahoo Email Account

I have sync'ed my Yahoo email account with Outlook and Gmail. Worked great for a while but am now receiving a message saying "Your Yahoo email settings need to be updated". Can't send or receive with Yahoo email unless I go direct to Yahoo email with my browser. Need some help.
    Thanks

edthec, Dec 12, 2020
  4. OrbitzXT Win User

Forwarding Yahoo Email on Android Phone?

My boss has a Droid X and we were wondering what the easiest way would be for him to read his work emails (Yahoo Business account) on his phone. Is there an app similar to the Gmail one for Android that can alert him and such when he receives new emails?

OrbitzXT, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Added Yahoo to Gmail account. New received Yahoo emails not received - Similar Threads - Added Yahoo Gmail

2. Problems downloading emails received in Yahoo into Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems downloading emails received in Yahoo into Windows Mail: I have a Windows 11 laptop and use the Windows Mail app. Within Mail I have linked several email accounts, one of which is my Yahoo account. All my email accounts work fine within Mail, except for my Yahoo account. Approx. 50% of the time, the message is not downloaded from...
  3. Problems downloading emails received in Yahoo into Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems downloading emails received in Yahoo into Windows Mail: I have a Windows 11 laptop and use the Windows Mail app. Within Mail I have linked several email accounts, one of which is my Yahoo account. All my email accounts work fine within Mail, except for my Yahoo account. Approx. 50% of the time, the message is not downloaded from...
  4. Issues with receiving emails in code for Yahoo Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with receiving emails in code for Yahoo Mail: Hello,My wife and I recently started seeing some emails in code. We both use Yahoo Mail. She has Window 10 and I have 11. Does anyone have a possible solution to fix this? These emails are from trusted sources and sometimes they are not in code. Any help appreciated!Thank...
  5. Issues with receiving emails in code for Yahoo Mail

Issues with receiving emails in code for Yahoo Mail: Hello,My wife and I recently started seeing some emails in code. We both use Yahoo Mail. She has Window 10 and I have 11. Does anyone have a possible solution to fix this? These emails are from trusted sources and sometimes they are not in code. Any help appreciated!Thank...
  6. Not receiving new Yahoo email

Not receiving new Yahoo email: Something is blocking receipt of NEW Yahoo email for the last 3 weeks on my Dell laptop. I can still access OLD email prior to that and can still SEND email from that account - just not receiving any new mail. This problem is only on my laptop - smart phone and tablet are...
  7. Not receiving emails on my Gmail account.

Not receiving emails on my Gmail account.: I am receiving mail on my gmail account via my Apple Ipad and Android mobile phone but they have stopped on my windows 10 computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-receiving-emails-on-my-gmail-account/0d5d9170-70fc-418f-8b45-e8bc826c91b7
  8. receiving emails on my gmail account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    receiving emails on my gmail account: Hello. I'm not receiving any emails on my gmail account on my pc. I can only access them from my phone. Any tips? Thank you in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/receiving-emails-on-my-gmail-account/c545838f-6acf-4424-bcae-ce2f1202fec0
  9. Yahoo account won't receive mail

in Browsers and Email
    Yahoo account won't receive mail: I've started using Mail app in Wndows 10 on a trial basis, on my desktop PC. I've added my Yahoo mail account and can send emails but cannot receive them. I tried using a solution offered in a post on another thread, by logging into my Yahoo account, and going to...
  10. Yahoo Mess. and Yahoo email

in Browsers and Email
    Yahoo Mess. and Yahoo email: I have lost both of these. I have chatted with them and they say its good to computer and they have giving me a new code and also a temp password but it still come with error that says no internet connection or when I put in temp password it says they don't match (password...