Windows 10: Adding 0365 account to a PC

Discus and support Adding 0365 account to a PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a new PC. I have an o365 account for a non profit through techsoup, technically it is a 10 year trial account. What I want is to have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by UrbanAmishGamer, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Adding 0365 account to a PC

I have a new PC. I have an o365 account for a non profit through techsoup, technically it is a 10 year trial account. What I want is to have a central account for admin for my PCs. I want the folks in my non profit that work for the non profit to have accounts on the PC associated with their o365 accounts. For example the 0365 admin is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, I have a user email/o365 account for *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. When I build the PC for the first time what is the best way to do it for the admin account and then the best way for the user account. I haven't been able to create the account for the *** Email address is removed for privacy *** so I created and outlook account for the admin and set up the admin account on the PC. However when I try to add an account on the PC using the *** Email address is removed for privacy *** account I get the error message "Looks like this isn't a Microsoft account. Try another email or sign up for a new one." At this point I am baffled on the best way to proceed. Thanks in advance.

:)

UrbanAmishGamer, Mar 1, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Mar 1, 2020
  3. grumpgrin Win User
    Adding PC to Microsoft account list of devices

Hello,

I go into Microsoft account and look under list of devices and it tells me that there are no devices associated with the Microsoft Account. Really? That is strange because the PC I am using is signed in on the Microsoft account. Because the device is not
    listed, it is causing problems with some apps and stuff.

From support around adding devices, it would seem you can only add win 10 devices? So is this why my PC is invisible - because it is running 8.1?

By the way, I have tried waiting for 30 days and it does not automatically appear. I have also signed in with a local and then redone with a Microsoft account and that does nothing either.

Any suggestions please?

regards,

grumpgrin, Mar 1, 2020
  4. Adding 0365 account to a PC

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

Adding 0365 account to a PC

1. Adding 0365 account to a PC - Similar Threads - Adding 0365 account

2. adding an account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adding an account: my teams application is not letting me add a second account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-an-account/ef71c491-63fa-4d91-a874-e0cf0c138144
  3. adding an account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    adding an account: my teams application is not letting me add a second account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-an-account/ef71c491-63fa-4d91-a874-e0cf0c138144
  4. account has already been added to this pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    account has already been added to this pc: I receive an error when adding an account to a PC saying the account has already been added to the PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-has-already-been-added-to-this-pc/fc9491b2-3925-409d-b101-dc7dc6398e24
  5. account has already been added to this pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    account has already been added to this pc: I receive an error when adding an account to a PC saying the account has already been added to the PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-has-already-been-added-to-this-pc/fc9491b2-3925-409d-b101-dc7dc6398e24
  6. New PC added gmail account and it works fine added charter.net account and it can only...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC added gmail account and it works fine added charter.net account and it can only...: Split from this thread. Hello Customer care3,Welcome to Microsoft Community.Let me help you to solve the problem of not receiving emails.Before I offer any solution, please let me know the following information:What type of mailbox are you using? outlook mailbox or something...
  7. Adding PC to Family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding PC to Family account: Trying to add my son's device so we can play MineCraft on his PC. I paid for the game using my [Family] account Admin , but can not install on his PC. I've created an MS account for him, and can see him in my family group. I just can not see his PC/device to allow the...
  8. Account has already been added to this PC

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account has already been added to this PC: Hi everybody, I'm presently installing accounts on the new PC for the family. I created an account for my daughter but it was bugging when I tried to add connect with her windows hotmail account. So I decided to completely deleted her account to create it again. Then...
  9. Adding account to Windows Mail on refurbished PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Adding account to Windows Mail on refurbished PC: I am unable to add my email account to Windows on the new, refurbished computer because the pop-ups shows up with error code 0x8000000b. Any ideas?...
  10. Adding Accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Accounts: I have a computer that has been updated to windows 10 but it wot let me add other accounts. I tried pressing the add another user but the local user tab does not pop up. And when I go to the control panel there is no family and others tab. What do I do?...