Windows 10: Adding 2nd Monitor is causing PC to crash

Discus and support Adding 2nd Monitor is causing PC to crash in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently added a new monitor to my gaming PC set up, and now it occasionally will crash the entire PC. Could this be a power supply issue or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Briley9496, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Adding 2nd Monitor is causing PC to crash

I recently added a new monitor to my gaming PC set up, and now it occasionally will crash the entire PC. Could this be a power supply issue or something else?

:)

Briley9496, Mar 26, 2020
  2. lemke Win User

2nd Monitor, HDMI, Causing Crash BSOD

When powering on 2nd monitor, a Sony flat screen, system crashes with BSOD and SYSTEM_THREAD_..... (atimdag.sys) error message.

Using AMD's latest Win10 drivers, also tried the Beta release. No change. Uninstalled drivers and reinstalled. No change. ANy ideas? Radeon 5670 supposed to be WIn 10 compatible.

Thanks all!

lemke, Mar 26, 2020
  3. JD Meyer Win User
    Color Display on 2nd monitor

I am using Windows 10 on a Dell laptop with a 2nd monitor which has been working fine. For some unknown reason I have suddenly lost the full color range on the 2nd monitor. I don't know if I have changed some setting by accident or what. I have tried
    resetting the defaults but that didn't change anything on the 2nd monitor. The primary screen on the laptop continues to work fine. Any suggestions what needs to be done to restore the full color range on monitor #2?

JD Meyer, Mar 26, 2020
  4. WiIfred P Win User

Adding 2nd Monitor is causing PC to crash

2nd monitor

Hi Billy,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor and an expert with Windows 10.

I understand your concern with Multiple displays.

To get your PC to recognize multiple monitors:

1. Verify that your cables are connected properly to the new monitors.

2. Select how you want the desktop to display. You can press the Windows logo key + P and select an option, or use the following steps if you need more settings options.

3. Right-click anywhere on your desktop and select Display settings to open the Display page. Your PC should automatically detect your monitors and show your desktop. If you don't see the monitors, select Detect.

4. Scroll down to Multiple displays, then select an option from the drop-down list to determine how your desktop will display across your screens. For the largest work area, select Extend desktop.

5. Select Keep changes.

6. Scroll up to Resolution and select an option. We suggest that you use the recommended resolution settings.

7. Select Keep changes.

Reference:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/434033...

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Adding 2nd Monitor is causing PC to crash

1. Adding 2nd Monitor is causing PC to crash - Similar Threads - Adding 2nd Monitor

2. 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd monitor: Im trying to connect my second display but it looks the same with the first one. I dont know much about the computer please assist me on this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor/9b57fa9a-4db5-41aa-b580-0905f559fca1
  3. 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor: I changed the monitor. After plugging the new monitor in, windows is detecting two monitors instead of one. What is wrong with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor/04d9385e-f70b-4c8c-8a52-ca6b95adef84
  4. 2nd monitor crashing PC

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2nd monitor crashing PC: Recently, for no reason, started getting freezes and crashes. Freezing all day out of nowhere..."no reason" at all. Nothing different. everything updated. finally i unplugged the 2nd monitor and no crashes... 1060 GTX 3gb. I started having problems 3 or 4 weeks ago when I...
  5. Dual Monitor PC Crashes When Moving Window to 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dual Monitor PC Crashes When Moving Window to 2nd Monitor: I have an ultrawide main monitor and a second 16:9 monitor, and I often split my main monitor to have 2 programs open using windows key + arrow keys, but if I accidentally hit the shortcut a second time so the window moves to my second monitor, windows crashes and my PC has...
  6. Monitorbugging out after adding 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitorbugging out after adding 2nd monitor: I am working on an HP z820 workstation with an NVidia K4000 blower card and 2 black Magic cards. Whenever i plug in the second monitor it goes crazy and for some reason adds A 3rd monitory and makes it the main one so whenever i try to open Ctrl panel and try to make my main...
  7. PC can't detect 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC can't detect 2nd Monitor: My PC has two hdmi ports. I am trying to setup a TV as a second monitor. I have a samsung monitor connected to my pc via hdmi. everything works. I connect my tv to the pc via the second hdmi port but my pc does not detect it all. I have looked everywhere and done pretty much...
  8. 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    2nd Monitor: [ATTACH] I’m running Window 10. I have just connected a 2nd monitor. My default monitor is Eizo CS2420 resolution and needs to remain 1900x1200. My 2nd monitor Dell U2412M is duplicating my default monitor however, the screen and icons are far too big and need to change the...
  9. 2nd Monitor usage causing audio oddity?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2nd Monitor usage causing audio oddity?: My issue is that ever since that I plugged in a 2nd monitor, my earbuds that I plug into the jack have been having issues where the audio doesn't really seem to know which earbud to play on. Sometimes the stereo works as normal but more often than not both L and R audio will...
  10. 2nd Monitor, HDMI, Causing Crash BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    2nd Monitor, HDMI, Causing Crash BSOD: When powering on 2nd monitor, a Sony flat screen, system crashes with BSOD and SYSTEM_THREAD_..... (atimdag.sys) error message. Using AMD's latest Win10 drivers, also tried the Beta release. No change. Uninstalled drivers and reinstalled. No change. ANy ideas? Radeon 5670...