Windows 10: Adding a 2nd OS to my Laptop

Discus and support Adding a 2nd OS to my Laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an HP Probook 450 G1 and run a 64 bit W10. My Hard Disc "C" was 450 GB but I resized it to 300 GB via Paragon Manager and created a new 150 GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bernie9927, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Adding a 2nd OS to my Laptop

I have an HP Probook 450 G1 and run a 64 bit W10. My Hard Disc "C" was 450 GB but I resized it to 300 GB via Paragon Manager and created a new 150 GB partition "F" which is "Unallocated".

It is my intention to run my old 32 bit W 7 OS on partition "F" but when I try to convert it using Disk Management , my only choice is to a "Simple" one but then I eventually get presented with a Warning as follows:-

The operation you have selected will convert the selected basic disc. If you convert the disk to "dynamic" you will not be able to start installed operating systems from any volume on the disc except the current boot volume.

Does this mean what I think it means ie. That I will not be able to run W 10 on "C" ? What does it mean please.

Funnily enough, it does not matter whether I click yes or no to the question on the drop down "Convert to a simple partition". Either way Disk Management will not let me convert this partition and I end up where I started ie With an Unallocated Partition

As you can guess, I am a bit clueless about what one can or cannot do with Partitions, so any advice would be welcome

:)

Bernie9927, Dec 5, 2020
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Cleaning off a Mac Laptop

cleaning it?

Step 1: buy about a half gallon of gasoline.

Step 2: douse laptop in gasoline.

Step 3: toss a burning match onto laptop.

Step 4: watch the fire clense your laptop.

3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Dec 5, 2020
  4. Adding a 2nd OS to my Laptop

Laptop restarts on each 2nd attempt to sleep.

Hi Will,

• What is the exact model of the laptop?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the below steps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Power.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Also you may install the latest display drivers from the manufacturer's website for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Method 2: Start the computer in Safe mode.

Please refer the below link to start the computer in Safe mode and check if it fixes the issue:

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue is not occurring in Safe mode then, place the computer in a Clean Boot and check.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

Adding a 2nd OS to my Laptop

1. Adding a 2nd OS to my Laptop - Similar Threads - Adding 2nd Laptop

2. Adding 2nd SSD and dcp_watchdog_violation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adding 2nd SSD and dcp_watchdog_violation: My girlfriend has an Hp Pavilion x360 convertible. I don’t have it in front of me so I am unsure of the exact model number. But it was having issues with freezing when doing simple tasks. The ssd it came with was only a little over 100 gb and had less than 5gb of free space....
  3. Adding a 2nd OS to my Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding a 2nd OS to my Laptop: I have an HP Probook 450 G1 and run a 64 bit W10. My Hard Disc "C" was 450 GB but I resized it to 300 GB via Paragon Manager and created a new 150 GB partition "F" which is "Unallocated". It is my intention to run my old 32 bit W 7 OS on partition "F" but when I try to...
  4. Bitlock adding 2nd drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlock adding 2nd drive: Hello, I have a laptop which is bit locked. I do not have the bit locker key or password, but I have a 6 digit PIN. I can start the laptop successfully with the pin and login to Windows 10. If I add a 2nd internal hard drive, which is say already formatted to FAT32, or...
  5. Adding 2nd Monitor is causing PC to crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Adding 2nd Monitor is causing PC to crash: I recently added a new monitor to my gaming PC set up, and now it occasionally will crash the entire PC. Could this be a power supply issue or something else?...
  6. Adding 2nd hard drive to Optiplex 755

Adding 2nd hard drive to Optiplex 755: I installed a 2nd hard drive, was expecting a separate drive, but it just added it's volume to the first drive. Would like to use it as a 2nd drive for back-up purposes. Windows 10,...
  7. Adding 2nd laptop to home network failed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding 2nd laptop to home network failed: Now that HOMEGROUP has all but gone away how do I had a 3rd computer to my home network? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4091368/windows-10-homegroup-removed I haven't done this in several years and the old methods don't seem to apply. For example, I thought all...
  8. Problem adding 2nd ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem adding 2nd ssd: I have an ssd for my boot drive, trying to add a 2nd ssd. The ssd is ok tested it externally with a USB adapter, but when I install it to my pc, it’s not showing in the bios or windows. tried known power supply and Sata lead, but still not showing. any ideas please 127747
  9. How to Dual-Boot 2nd OS?

How to Dual-Boot 2nd OS?: This is more or less a project, seeing if I CAN do this successfully without messing up my Windows OS. I have 2 hard drives (both same 2 TB capacity); one is my main Windows 10 OS system, the other was/will-be intended for system-image/macrium-reflect backups in-case my main...
  10. Problem Installing Windows 10 on Laptop as 2nd OS

Problem Installing Windows 10 on Laptop as 2nd OS: The tutorial was great - it (along with "How to Dual Boot Windows 10...") helped me tremendously in getting Windows 10 to install properly as a second operating sytem (old Vista being the 1st) on my Desktop. However, I am having difficulty getting the install done on my...