Windows 10: Adding a browser to Default Apps

Discus and support Adding a browser to Default Apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just reimaged my computer to Win 10 PRO. Before the reimage I had chosen the newer Ccleaner browser to the default apps but now when I try to switch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sidscrat123, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Adding a browser to Default Apps

I just reimaged my computer to Win 10 PRO. Before the reimage I had chosen the newer Ccleaner browser to the default apps but now when I try to switch from Edge to it, it no longer appears as an option., How do I get Ccleaner browser chosen as the default browser?

:)

sidscrat123, Jun 7, 2021

2. Changing default browser to IE and wifi issues

Hi Ed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• In desktop search, type default app settings and select the result.

• Under Web browser, click the current browser (EDGE).

• Choose Internet Explorer and set it as
      default.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Jun 7, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Setting Chrome as my default browser - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

• Go to Start > Settings > System.
    • Choose Default apps, then scroll down to
      Web browser.
    • Tap or click the browser that’s currently listed as your default, then choose Chrome from the list of apps

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 7, 2021
  4. Adding a browser to Default Apps

Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Jun 7, 2021
Thema:

Adding a browser to Default Apps

1. Adding a browser to Default Apps - Similar Threads - Adding browser Default

2. Unable to set a default browser in Default Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to set a default browser in Default Apps: Hello,I am unable to choose a default browser in my case I am trying to set Microsoft Edge as a default browser in the 'Default Apps' in Windows 10It was earlier set to Google Chrome. I also reset the 'Microsoft Recommended Defaults' but Windows 10 still cannot the attach...
  3. Unable to set a default browser in Default Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to set a default browser in Default Apps: Hello,I am unable to choose a default browser in my case I am trying to set Microsoft Edge as a default browser in the 'Default Apps' in Windows 10It was earlier set to Google Chrome. I also reset the 'Microsoft Recommended Defaults' but Windows 10 still cannot the attach...
  4. Unable to set a default browser in Default Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to set a default browser in Default Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Unable to set a default browser in Default Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Unable to set a default browser in Default Apps

8. Is it possible to open "Internet Shortcut" files with not the default browser, by adding...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to open "Internet Shortcut" files with not the default browser, by adding...: Title. Hopefully, this is a suited subreddit :) submitted by /u/Magnar0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hqpbap/is_it_possible_to_open_internet_shortcut_files/
  9. Setting Default App for Web Browser

Setting Default App for Web Browser: I'd appreciate any help with this. So, I just got a new computer today. When logging in and starting Edge it prompts to set it as default browser for the system. Prompts to go to settings to do this. That's all easy enough- except there's not a default browser option. Only...
  10. Adding programs to the list of Default Apps

Adding programs to the list of Default Apps: I run Windows 10 Home, latest patches. It the settings where I set Default Apps, and I set for example Default Vide player , there appears just a short list of apps. Kodi does not appear on this list, even though it is installed. How do I add applications to this list? I...