Windows 10: Adding a client computer running Windows 10 Pro to a local area network with a Server...

Discus and support Adding a client computer running Windows 10 Pro to a local area network with a Server... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have a new client computer with Windows 10 Pro and an old sever computer with Windows Server 2003 connected by a LAN cable. The server... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kenneth24, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Kenneth24 Win User

Adding a client computer running Windows 10 Pro to a local area network with a Server...

Hello,

I have a new client computer with Windows 10 Pro and an old sever computer with Windows Server 2003 connected by a LAN cable. The server computer is in a network workgroup which I want my client computer to join. I haven’t much expertise in networks but I will put in the effort which will minimise your time providing guidance.

Can someone give me step by step instructions and/or a link to complete the task please?

:)

Kenneth24, Jan 2, 2019

2. My new computer doesn't display my local area network

Hi. I'm running Windows 10 Pro on a new INSPIRON 3650 and the computer isn't detecting my local area network. The Ethernet cable is plugged into the computer. Realtec driver is up to date. Any suggestions? Thanks. Diane

DianeBoylan, Jan 2, 2019
  3. Missing field Connect using in Local Area Connection Properties

Have you tried uninstalling the Network Adapter? Since there is no properties in the Local Area Connection, we suggest that you uninstall the Network Adapter. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Type devmgmt.msc.
    • Right click on the Network Adapter.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Select Ok.
    • Select Scan for Hardware changes.
    Update us on the results.

Reymichael Ros, Jan 2, 2019
  4. Adding a client computer running Windows 10 Pro to a local area network with a Server...

Sharing a local printer to computers running both windows 7 and windows 10

Hi Tom,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Have you connected all the three device (Windows 7, Windows 10 and printer) in home group network?

If you have connected all the three device in home group network then I
    suggest you to run home group troubleshooter as below and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Home Group.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Also I suggest you to disconnect the Windows 10 computer and connect the Windows 7 computer directly to Windows 7 computer and check if the issue persists or not.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

Adding a client computer running Windows 10 Pro to a local area network with a Server...

1. Adding a client computer running Windows 10 Pro to a local area network with a Server... - Similar Threads - Adding client computer

2. local area network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    local area network: suddenly my local area network access disappeared, running windows 10 pro 64bit pc desktop, how can I get it back, it won't let me control my pool functions via wireless. thanks Vince...
  3. local area network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    local area network: suddenly my local area network access disappeared, running windows 10 pro 64bit pc desktop, how can I get it back, it won't let me control my pool functions via wireless. thanks Vince...
  4. Adding a new computer to a windows 10 PRO Server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding a new computer to a windows 10 PRO Server: Hello,We have a office network which is running Windows 10 Pro and I am trying to add a computer to the network but I cannot access the server. Everytime I try and map the drive from the computer I am trying to add I get an error saying "You cant access this shared folder...
  5. Minecraft Java licenses for local client /server network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Java licenses for local client /server network: Old man here trying to create a local MC Java server/client environment for my grandkids to play in the same world. Creating the server was easy, but trying to understand how to purchase the MC Java licenses for the clients is a nightmare. When doing this for child users it's...
  6. Windows 10 pro local networking

Windows 10 pro local networking: ....I can see shared folders but cannot access them on my local ethernet network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-local-networking/47f4c415-1924-4f4e-b850-aa634d9aaa1b
  7. local area network windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    local area network windows 10: I have been trying to access my local area network to get my Roku up and working but due to my lack of knowledge this has been a problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-area-network-windows-10/b5c32daa-357c-450d-a044-782141b9253d
  8. Adding a client computer with Windows 10 Pro to a server computer with Windows 2003 Sever

Adding a client computer with Windows 10 Pro to a server computer with Windows 2003 Sever: Hello, I have a new client computer with Windows 10 Pro and an old sever computer with Windows Server 2003 connected by a LAN cable. The network has the server in a workgroup. I want to join my new Windows 10 Pro client computer to the workgroup. Can someone guide me to...
  9. Connecting With Other Computers in Local Network with Windows 10 Pro

Connecting With Other Computers in Local Network with Windows 10 Pro: How do I connecting with other computers in local Network in windows 10Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/connecting-with-other-computers-in-local-network/cf596f46-bd3f-47db-b212-cf94b0a61bf4
  10. Adding Windows 10 Clients to Windows Server Essentials 2016

Adding Windows 10 Clients to Windows Server Essentials 2016: I am trying to add Windows 10 clients to Windows Server essentials 2016. It seem that in order for the server to see the clients I must the clients join the server server Domain. (Currently they are in a workgroup). It looks like one has to change the Windows10 clients to...