Windows 10: Adding a client computer with Windows 10 Pro to a server computer with Windows 2003 Sever

Discus and support Adding a client computer with Windows 10 Pro to a server computer with Windows 2003 Sever in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have a new client computer with Windows 10 Pro and an old sever computer with Windows Server 2003 connected by a LAN cable. The network has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kenneth24, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Kenneth24 Win User

Adding a client computer with Windows 10 Pro to a server computer with Windows 2003 Sever

Hello,

I have a new client computer with Windows 10 Pro and an old sever computer with Windows Server 2003 connected by a LAN cable. The network has the server in a workgroup. I want to join my new Windows 10 Pro client computer to the workgroup.

Can someone guide me to complete the task please?

:)

Kenneth24, Jan 2, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

Windows 2003 SP1

Microsoft has released Service Pack 1 for Windows 2003 Server.

Something has been done on the security front:
    • Security Configuration Wizard.
      Customers can more easily reduce attack surface area with the new Security Configuration Wizard. The tool reduces the attack surface by gathering information about specific server roles, then automatically blocking all services and ports not needed to perform those roles.
    • Windows Firewall.
      Customers can increase their security with the new Windows® Firewall on the server, allowing networkwide control through Group Policy. Also released with Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows Firewall serves as a host (software) firewall around each client and server computer on a customer's network.
    • Post-Setup Security Updates (PSSU).
      Servers are vulnerable during the time between their installation and application of the latest security updates. In response, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 blocks all inbound connections to the server after installation until Windows Update has delivered the latest security updates to the new computer.
    Sounds good to me.

W1zzard, Jan 2, 2019
  3. jubjib1 Win User
    Window Server 2003 can't AD replication

Hi Support Team

I have server install Windows Server 2003. It's old and hardware unstable. I need to change to new Server. I try AD replication to new Server but after completed step.

I can't turn down old Server. When turn down old Server AD users and computer or another feature about AD can't use. I need your suggest.

jubjib1, Jan 2, 2019
  4. Adding a client computer with Windows 10 Pro to a server computer with Windows 2003 Sever

ATi Radeon driver for Windows Server 2003?

As far as I know, Windows Server 2003 is based off of XP, so it uses XP drivers. There is some more information about it in a guide I found a while ago:

http://www.msfn.org/win2k3/

Why are you even trying to do that on Windows Server 2003 anyway? That OS is meant for a server, not a computer you would actually use directly.

ShadowFlare, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

Adding a client computer with Windows 10 Pro to a server computer with Windows 2003 Sever

1. Adding a client computer with Windows 10 Pro to a server computer with Windows 2003 Sever - Similar Threads - Adding client computer

2. Windows 10 vs Server 2003

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 vs Server 2003: Hi, I have an old control system that currently runs on Windows Server 2003. The control system has x2 PCs arranged in a hot-standby fashion. Both PCs are networked together with the client keeping synchronized to the server. If I use Wireshark I see the client requesting...
  3. Windows 10 vs Server 2003

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 vs Server 2003: Hi, I have an old control system that currently runs on Windows Server 2003. The control system has x2 PCs arranged in a hot-standby fashion. Both PCs are networked together with the client keeping synchronized to the server. If I use Wireshark I see the client requesting...
  4. Windows 10 vs Server 2003

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Adding a new computer to a windows 10 PRO Server

Adding a new computer to a windows 10 PRO Server: Hello,We have a office network which is running Windows 10 Pro and I am trying to add a computer to the network but I cannot access the server. Everytime I try and map the drive from the computer I am trying to add I get an error saying "You cant access this shared folder...
  6. Windows 10 & Win Server 2003

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 & Win Server 2003: We are considering upgrading our Windows 7 systems to Windows 10. Our domain uses a Windows Server 2003 and I have seen a few posts about them not working together. Can anyone give us some guidance in this area? Thanks....
  7. Adding a client computer running Windows 10 Pro to a local area network with a Server...

Adding a client computer running Windows 10 Pro to a local area network with a Server...: Hello, I have a new client computer with Windows 10 Pro and an old sever computer with Windows Server 2003 connected by a LAN cable. The server computer is in a network workgroup which I want my client computer to join. I haven’t much expertise in networks but I will put in...
  8. Unable to setup several computers as clients with Windows Admin Center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to setup several computers as clients with Windows Admin Center: Previously (about 6 months ago) I had WAC working with Windows 10 (1803) running the host and was able to control all my client machines. Upgraded to Windows 10 (1809) and WAC 1809.5 Build 1.1.1812.03003 and now I can only manage to connect to 1 client. I have checked the...
  9. Windows Server 2003 Virtualization

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Server 2003 Virtualization: Good afternoon, sorry but I do not know where to make the next query. It is possible to virtualize three Windows 2003 servers, using the ROK license of each server. I will not have a legal problem?...
  10. Adding Windows 10 Clients to Windows Server Essentials 2016

Adding Windows 10 Clients to Windows Server Essentials 2016: I am trying to add Windows 10 clients to Windows Server essentials 2016. It seem that in order for the server to see the clients I must the clients join the server server Domain. (Currently they are in a workgroup). It looks like one has to change the Windows10 clients to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. adding windows 10 client to server

2. adding client computers to windows 10 server

3. accedere rete workgroup 2003 server client windows 10

4. add computer to a server windows 10 pro,
  5. ading client computers