Windows 10: adding a device / PC to Microsoft

Discus and support adding a device / PC to Microsoft in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Clicked on Device Tab Trying to add a pc / device to microsoft but the is no button to say register device can some one help me* Moved from Community... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Pat Darbyshire, Nov 25, 2022.

1. adding a device / PC to Microsoft

Clicked on Device Tab Trying to add a pc / device to microsoft but the is no button to say register device can some one help me* Moved from Community Center

:)

Pat Darbyshire, Nov 25, 2022
  2. grumpgrin Win User

Adding PC to Microsoft account list of devices

Hello,

I go into Microsoft account and look under list of devices and it tells me that there are no devices associated with the Microsoft Account. Really? That is strange because the PC I am using is signed in on the Microsoft account. Because the device is not
    listed, it is causing problems with some apps and stuff.

From support around adding devices, it would seem you can only add win 10 devices? So is this why my PC is invisible - because it is running 8.1?

By the way, I have tried waiting for 30 days and it does not automatically appear. I have also signed in with a local and then redone with a Microsoft account and that does nothing either.

Any suggestions please?

regards,

grumpgrin, Nov 25, 2022
  3. Microsoft Account Adding a Device

Hi Greg

Thanks for replying adding a device / PC to Microsoft :)

Yes I am signed in to my account on this PC.

When trying to download a game from the Microsoft store it said there were no applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account.

Despite my PC being listed as a device when I checked it still wouldn't let me install it.

I removed it as a device and tried re-adding it but that's when the message I listed in the original post comes up.

I tried waiting a few hours as I only just got Microsoft game pass.

Not sure what to do now to be honest

JackPatrick1, Nov 25, 2022
  4. adding a device / PC to Microsoft

windows 7 can't see my microsoft sidewinder gamepad

I'm trying to install a gamepad from the year 2000
    I tried adding a device automatically using "add device" under "hardware and sound" it never ended looking for devices and nothing showed so I cancel it, then I tried adding a legacy hardware under action menu on device manager but my device wasn't listed.

as a last try I used the game port to usb adapter but it detected it as unknown device and searched for microsoft drivers but there were no sidewinders listed.

this use to work under xp but is not listed or detected on win7 I need the driver for it it's a microsoft gamepad that uses the gameport to connect to the pc. Is there a wey to take the driver from the windows xp disc?

Miguel2013, Nov 25, 2022
Thema:

adding a device / PC to Microsoft

1. adding a device / PC to Microsoft - Similar Threads - adding device Microsoft

2. adding a device / PC to Microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    adding a device / PC to Microsoft: Clicked on Device Tab Trying to add a pc / device to microsoft but the is no button to say register device can some one help me* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-device-pc-to-microsoft/292284b9-0481-42b9-a294-c70d6a1946be
  3. Adding Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding Device: How to add iphone 6 as device in my mircosoft account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-device/0aed1d9a-e1ba-46c5-8754-c05c7d5c1469
  4. Adding devices

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Adding devices: I have a Microsoft account allowing me to register up to 5 devices. I have 3 registered. I am trying to register another 2 but I'm getting the message that the system is not recognizing their serial numbers. What can I do?ThanksJerry...
  5. Adding a device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding a device: I had no problem connecting my TV to my Surface, then the Surface no longer "sees" the TV when trying to add a device. What happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-device/f163f0c0-dfd6-46d6-9dea-da6700bcd9dd
  6. adding a device to my microsoft account

adding a device to my microsoft account: I cant seem to add another PC to my account even though it says I have up to 10 available to add. When I go to the add device screen it doesn't appear, says my device is turned off which it isn't and then when I try to add a device it just takes me back to the instruction...
  7. Adding Device

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Adding Device: I want to download whiteboard. I have added my laptop to Microsoft by going to my accounts and logging in into Microsoft. But when I try to download whiteboard, it says my device is not listed and suggests me to do things which I actually did....
  8. adding PC to son's list of devices on microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    adding PC to son's list of devices on microsoft account: Hello My whole family is listed under family in microsoft. However, my son's account only lists the xbox as his device. I would like to add my PC to his list as well but I can't see how to do it. I've tried logging out of my entire computer settings and logging him in but...
  9. Adding a device to microsoft account

Adding a device to microsoft account: I tried adding a device to my Microsoft account but the password is not recognized. I tried rebooting but it didn't work. I tried changing the password but it didn't work....
  10. adding a device onto Microsoft account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    adding a device onto Microsoft account: I recently bought a game code and I redeemed it already, once I tried to install the game it asked me to link a device first. I'm downloading the game on my laptop so I chose laptop and it says to add it, I have to go to settings, then go to my account and then change it to a...