Windows 10: Adding a device

Discus and support Adding a device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had no problem connecting my TV to my Surface, then the Surface no longer "sees" the TV when trying to add a device. What happened?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RobertHaggerty22, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Adding a device

I had no problem connecting my TV to my Surface, then the Surface no longer "sees" the TV when trying to add a device. What happened?

:)

RobertHaggerty22, Aug 24, 2020
  2. Nosx Win User

Change the way new devices are added to the Devices and Drives list

Hopefully this is in the correct place, but I am sure a mod will move it if it is not so with that being said:

By default, anytime a new devices is added to the system (a phone connected via USB for example) the icon for that device is placed in the first position in the Devices and Drives list under This PC.

This behavior is really annoying because it pushes all the other icons that were already in the list to the next position in the list which totally messes with my muscle memory when navigating within the folder.

A simple fix for this issue is to make it so that any device added to the system is added to the END of the list as is shown in the attached image and the way it was done in previous versions of Windows. This way, all icons stay in their default position in the list and all is well in the universe.

The question of course is how to achieve the desired result either by some registry hack or by changing some hidden menu setting from explorer or some other method entirely.

This is where you fine folks come in with your infinite wisdom to save the day and I thank you for your time and replies in advance.

Adding a device [​IMG]

(The default view before any device is added to the system ... homeostasis achieved)

Adding a device [​IMG]

(After a device has been added to the system.... Annoying +1)

Adding a device [​IMG]

(Desired result .... Peace on Earth)

3. Adding devices in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with recognizing DVD drive and performance with mouse do let us know the following to assist you better:

• What exactly do you mean by corrupt Windows 7, were you facing any issue with previous operating system?
    • Were you able to detect DVD drive in Device manager?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates after upgrading to Windows 10?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access DVD drive?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated drivers after upgrading to Windows 10. Try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you toRun Hardware troubleshooter as it will help in resolving the issues with hardware and resolve any simple issues found.

• Press Windows key, type Troubleshooting, and select it.
    • Click on Troubleshooting
      tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates and check.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.
    Also, visit the computer manufacturer’s website and install the drivers being found and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 24, 2020
  4. Adding a device

Adding an output device

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Have you made any changes on your pc prior to this issue?
    2. What is the make and model of the Bluetooth Speaker?
    3. Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to follow the methods mentioned below, to fix issues with Bluetooth speaker and check if that helps.

Method 1: Try the following steps, to add and use Bluetooth device on your computer.
    Refer the following article for steps to connect Bluetooth device.

Method 2: Set Bluetooth speaker as
    Default Playback device
    . Refer the following article under
    set default device
    and check if that helps.

Method 3: If you are still facing issues with getting audio output from your Bluetooth speaker, you can try the following troubleshooting steps to
    fix Bluetooth problems
    on your pc.

Reply with the information, so that we can help you fix your issue.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking, Yes or No.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

Adding a device

1. Adding a device - Similar Threads - Adding device

2. How to limit the number User Account allowed to be added to a Windows device sign-in.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to limit the number User Account allowed to be added to a Windows device sign-in.: I'm looking for a way to restrict a child's ability to bypass their account restrictions by adding a new account to a windows device. Any advice?...
  3. How to limit the number User Account allowed to be added to a Windows device sign-in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to limit the number User Account allowed to be added to a Windows device sign-in.: I'm looking for a way to restrict a child's ability to bypass their account restrictions by adding a new account to a windows device. Any advice?...
  4. How to limit the number User Account allowed to be added to a Windows device sign-in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cant add different microsoft account since i have only one primary account added to device...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant add different microsoft account since i have only one primary account added to device...: Hi,can help me as my laptop is configured with my school account but since i passed out from school i never change my account and was using the same school microsoft account to login. Now seems my account is locked from signing in. I tried reboot but doesnt seems working. I...
  6. Cant add different microsoft account since i have only one primary account added to device...

Cant add different microsoft account since i have only one primary account added to device...: Hi,can help me as my laptop is configured with my school account but since i passed out from school i never change my account and was using the same school microsoft account to login. Now seems my account is locked from signing in. I tried reboot but doesnt seems working. I...
  7. Adding additional devices to family members

Adding additional devices to family members: How do I add a second device to an existing family member? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-additional-devices-to-family-members/b0e0d51d-c136-46cd-b87b-8ba0db8a8693
  8. Adding additional devices to family members

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding additional devices to family members: How do I add a second device to an existing family member? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-additional-devices-to-family-members/b0e0d51d-c136-46cd-b87b-8ba0db8a8693
  9. i am not getting pin update option for my azure ad join username and device .. i did tried...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am not getting pin update option for my azure ad join username and device .. i did tried...: i am not getting pin update option for my azure ad join username and device .. i did tried all .. not working and i am unable to log in ...remove pin option gyar out . reset pin option not connecting...
  10. i am not getting pin update option for my azure ad join username and device .. i did tried...

i am not getting pin update option for my azure ad join username and device .. i did tried...: i am not getting pin update option for my azure ad join username and device .. i did tried all .. not working and i am unable to log in ...remove pin option gyar out . reset pin option not connecting...