Windows 10: Adding a disk image to a new HdD.

Discus and support Adding a disk image to a new HdD. in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I bought a 2 TB HdD to replace my old 117 GB HdD. I've done a disk image with Macrium Reflect on an external HdD. Will I be able to install that image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by oldyeller38, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Adding a disk image to a new HdD.

I bought a 2 TB HdD to replace my old 117 GB HdD. I've done a disk image with Macrium Reflect on an external HdD. Will I be able to install that image to the 2TB HdD without any issues with Microsoft & use it? I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64B which is an upgrade from 7 Pro 64B.

:)

oldyeller38, Jun 26, 2019

2. Installing a new HDD to replace a HDD of the same size that failed.

I have a Windows 10 OS installed on my C: drive. I had data stored on an HDD designated as D: drive. That second drive failed and was replaced by a new HDD. Both are the same size and type of drives, except different manufactures. The new HDD is not
    listed in File Explorer. It is listed in Computer Management under Device Manager as a Disk drive. Disk Management under Storage does not list the new HDD.

I have tested the new HDD with software downloaded from the manufacture and it has passed all tests. At least that software was able to access the new drive and perform low level tests to see if it is operational.

Looking at the events log for this HDD, I find an event warning that says "Device ... was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match." Opening up the properties indicates drivers have been installed. Reading the volume information results in: "Volume
    information for this disk cannot be found"

I suspect that the problem with the volume information is associated with the warning in the event log. I removed the HDD, restarted the PC then shut it down to start the installation process over again. No change in the event log or status of the new
    HDD. Can anyone suggest how I can get past that warning?

RonTognazzini, Jun 26, 2019
  3. HDD Corrupt ?

Hi,

There are many possible reasons this issue is happening. We'd like to ask few questions below:

• What is the brand name of you Hard Disk Drive?
    • How old is the HDD?
    Since you already tried multiple troubleshooting steps, we suggest visiting the manufacturer's website. Find and download a hard drive diagnostic software to help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Jun 26, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Adding a disk image to a new HdD.

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Adding a disk image to a new HdD. [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Adding a disk image to a new HdD.

1. Adding a disk image to a new HdD. - Similar Threads - Adding disk image

2. adding new fonts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    adding new fonts: I want to add new fonts to the font folder in Windows 10. I have tried every available suggestion and none work. I have nothing in the folder other than preview show or hide. There is no place to download them. I have tried to download copy paste. Nothing works...nothing....
  3. Creator and Credit metadata added to images on Google Images

in Windows 10 News
    Creator and Credit metadata added to images on Google Images: As part of a collaboration between Google, photo industry consortium CEPIC, and IPTC, the global technical standards body for the news media, you can now access rights-related image metadata in Google Images. It’s traditionally been difficult to know the creator of images on...
  4. Adding another hard disk

Adding another hard disk: Hello, Planning to remove a hard disk from my old computer and install it as third disk in the new computer for data only. It has on it the crippled windows 10. Before using it I have to wipe it clean (partition, format), but first when I turn on the computer, will it affect...
  5. HDD system disk

HDD system disk: after upgrade from windows 10 PRO 64bit English ver 1709 to 1803 upgrade failed 3 times turned off Norton internet security and 1803 installed how ever disk set is now 1 partition EFI 100MB empty C: partition OS partition 4 476MB NTFS OEM partition, partition 5 450MB NTFS OEM...
  6. Restoring HDD image to SSD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring HDD image to SSD: I am having dual boot PC, XP and Win 10, both on different HDD. I just bought a 250 GB SSD for restoring my Win 10 OS and System Reserved macrium image on this new SSD. I made three volumes 2 GB for System Reserved, 130 for OS and rest free. When I look in Disk Management,...
  7. Disk image

Disk image: I made a disk image using Reflex. I tried to do a restore to see how It would work. I ended up making 4 files all of which can be used to restore because they have all the folders and files that were backed up. Since I don’t need all of them I tried to delete them but they...
  8. Imaging a disk with macrium

Imaging a disk with macrium: I have tried several times to make an image of a windows 7 disk.. Using macrium reflect and it just won't do it. It says can't make an image of this disk.. no reason given. On the same computer with another disk that has windows 10, it works just fine, i can image it ok....
  9. New HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New HDD: I have added a WD 250GB to my main system (got a box full of HDDs *Redface) so Im all set for installing Win 9 *Biggrin [img] 1871
  10. Restore with disk image

Restore with disk image: How do I reinstall Windows 10 from a USB Disk Image 17737