Windows 10: Adding a disk image to a new HdD.

Discus and support Adding a disk image to a new HdD. in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I bought a 2 TB HdD to replace my old 117 GB HdD. I've done a disk image with Macrium Reflect on an external HdD. Will I be able to install that image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by oldyeller38, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Adding a disk image to a new HdD.

I bought a 2 TB HdD to replace my old 117 GB HdD. I've done a disk image with Macrium Reflect on an external HdD. Will I be able to install that image to the 2TB HdD without any issues with Microsoft & use it? I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64B which is an upgrade from 7 Pro 64B.

:)

oldyeller38, Jun 26, 2019

2. Installing a new HDD to replace a HDD of the same size that failed.

I have a Windows 10 OS installed on my C: drive. I had data stored on an HDD designated as D: drive. That second drive failed and was replaced by a new HDD. Both are the same size and type of drives, except different manufactures. The new HDD is not
    listed in File Explorer. It is listed in Computer Management under Device Manager as a Disk drive. Disk Management under Storage does not list the new HDD.

I have tested the new HDD with software downloaded from the manufacture and it has passed all tests. At least that software was able to access the new drive and perform low level tests to see if it is operational.

Looking at the events log for this HDD, I find an event warning that says "Device ... was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match." Opening up the properties indicates drivers have been installed. Reading the volume information results in: "Volume
    information for this disk cannot be found"

I suspect that the problem with the volume information is associated with the warning in the event log. I removed the HDD, restarted the PC then shut it down to start the installation process over again. No change in the event log or status of the new
    HDD. Can anyone suggest how I can get past that warning?

RonTognazzini, Jun 26, 2019
  3. HDD Corrupt ?

Hi,

There are many possible reasons this issue is happening. We'd like to ask few questions below:

• What is the brand name of you Hard Disk Drive?
    • How old is the HDD?
    Since you already tried multiple troubleshooting steps, we suggest visiting the manufacturer's website. Find and download a hard drive diagnostic software to help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Jun 26, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Adding a disk image to a new HdD.

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Adding a disk image to a new HdD. [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Adding a disk image to a new HdD.

1. Adding a disk image to a new HdD. - Similar Threads - Adding disk image

2. BSOD error after adding new HDD and RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD error after adding new HDD and RAM: Hi everyone,Before, my pc only has an ssd and a ram stick. Then I decided to buy hdd and another ram stick. And few days later, my pc is encountering blue screens. I tried the the dism, sfc, updating drivers but I'm still encountering it. I have this issue since few weeks...
  3. BSOD error after adding new HDD and RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD error after adding new HDD and RAM: Hi everyone,Before, my pc only has an ssd and a ram stick. Then I decided to buy hdd and another ram stick. And few days later, my pc is encountering blue screens. I tried the the dism, sfc, updating drivers but I'm still encountering it. I have this issue since few weeks...
  4. BSOD error after adding new HDD and RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. New HDD Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New HDD Disk: Hey, I've got a 111GB System Disk A 232GB and a 297GB Disk and I'm thinking of buying a 1tb HDD disk is this compatible with my pc because that disk probably requires some energy, do I need to remove some of the other disks for this disk to fit in? 171529
  6. Errors regarding adding new HDD in a laptop

Errors regarding adding new HDD in a laptop: I tried to add a new HDD to my computer, It wanted me to initialize the HDD. But I cannot do so due to many errors popping up. The error says "The request could not be performed due to an I/O device error". If I retry it sometimes gives a different error that says "Invalid...
  7. Re-imaging a new Hdd with System Image files on DVDs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-imaging a new Hdd with System Image files on DVDs: Hi. I am trying to load my apps and data onto a new hard drive from System Image I have on DVDs. However, I don't get the"Use the latest available system page" option but only "Select a system image" checked on "Select a system image backup" panel, although CD drive is...
  8. Help- Adding HDD

Help- Adding HDD: I have and existing 128mb sdd. It operates boot and system. i want to add(and have) a 3 tb hdd and copy the information on the ssd on to it BUT i want to keep the ssd being the boot and system drive. I am adding the hdd as back up to the ssd and add games, pics etc to it....
  9. 100% disk usage. New hdd and new windows install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% disk usage. New hdd and new windows install: My HDD keeps spiking to 100% this morning I installed a brand new hdd as the issue was happening on previous HDD. Also a fresh windows 10 pro installation and the issue continues. I'm currently doing another fresh windows install. Hdd sticks around 1-2% but little tasks such...
  10. Disk Image current to new system

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Disk Image current to new system: I currently have a laptop that was originally windows 8. 1 terabyte hard drive Currently has been upgraded to Version 1903 Build 18362.418 I plan to get another laptop with the same size hard drive but have seen offers containing 2 terabyte. after setting up new system I...