Windows 10: Adding a Files Folder to Taskbar

Discus and support Adding a Files Folder to Taskbar in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, the image below is from a user on Windows 10. This user is looking to have this same folder cascading function on the taskbar on Windows 11.I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jaime Marrero1, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Adding a Files Folder to Taskbar

Hello, the image below is from a user on Windows 10. This user is looking to have this same folder cascading function on the taskbar on Windows 11.I have not found anything helpful on Windows 10/11. Any insight would help.

:)

Jaime Marrero1, Jun 23, 2022

2. I have added the file count column to my folder in File Explorer. However, the actual file count is not displaying.

Hi Loren,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you added file count column for folders in File Explorer? What are the steps did you followed?
    • When you say, "actual file count is not displaying" is this issue specific to any folder or happening with all folders?
    • Have you installed any third party anti-virus on your system?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View from navigation pane and choose Detail pane.
    Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 23, 2022
  3. Frogger Win User
    ?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile Adding a Files Folder to Taskbar :)

Frogger, Jun 23, 2022
  4. Summer203 Win User

Adding a Files Folder to Taskbar

File Explorer in Win 10 taskbar not showing Recent folders

When I right-click Word or Excel in my Windows 10 taskbar, a list of recent folders appears. But when I right-click File Explorer, only Pinned and Frequent folders appear. Neither of these is as useful to me as the Recent folders. Any suggestions on how
    I can get Recent folders to appear?

Thank you.

Summer203, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

Adding a Files Folder to Taskbar

1. Adding a Files Folder to Taskbar - Similar Threads - Adding Files Folder

2. Adding a parent-folder as a symbol to the Infosection of the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding a parent-folder as a symbol to the Infosection of the Taskbar: I have a parent folder with some more child folders. I want to add it to the Infosection that is located on the right side of the Taskbar. The parent-folder can be added with just a symbol or also with a name. But pls don't confuse it with adding this folder to Taskbar just...
  3. Adding a parent-folder as a symbol to the Infosection of the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding a parent-folder as a symbol to the Infosection of the Taskbar: I have a parent folder with some more child folders. I want to add it to the Infosection that is located on the right side of the Taskbar. The parent-folder can be added with just a symbol or also with a name. But pls don't confuse it with adding this folder to Taskbar just...
  4. Adding a folder as an Icon to the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding a folder as an Icon to the Taskbar: I am new to Windows 11 and I am trying to recreate the setup I had under 10. I had a folder with all my shortcuts in that was an icon on the right of the task bar. So it was not pinned to the taskbar, it sat next to icons like Open Devices and Printers. This way I cleared all...
  5. Adding a folder as an Icon to the Taskbar

Adding a folder as an Icon to the Taskbar: I am new to Windows 11 and I am trying to recreate the setup I had under 10. I had a folder with all my shortcuts in that was an icon on the right of the task bar. So it was not pinned to the taskbar, it sat next to icons like Open Devices and Printers. This way I cleared all...
  6. adding zip options to files and folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adding zip options to files and folders: how can i add an option to compress files in to zip folder? i have option to compress to rar files only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-zip-options-to-files-and-folders/fad037cf-13af-4b3a-8a17-3b7552a60f26
  7. adding zip options to files and folders

adding zip options to files and folders: how can i add an option to compress files in to zip folder? i have option to compress to rar files only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-zip-options-to-files-and-folders/fad037cf-13af-4b3a-8a17-3b7552a60f26
  8. Adding a Files Folder to Taskbar

Adding a Files Folder to Taskbar: Hello, the image below is from a user on Windows 10. This user is looking to have this same folder cascading function on the taskbar on Windows 11.I have not found anything helpful on Windows 10/11. Any insight would help....
  9. Adding date to the name of files and folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding date to the name of files and folders: Hi, I would like to add the "Date Created" or "Date Modified" to any files or folders. Possibly by right-clicking on it and running a script from the context menu. Can that be done with autohotkey, batch file or VBS ? Any help would be appreciated example: "test.txt" to...
  10. file history, adding folders to backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    file history, adding folders to backup: How do you backup file history? windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-adding-folders-to-backup/b3568a24-a3c3-48dd-a5c6-e625870bcd15