Windows 10: Adding a folder to the Windows 10 Start Menu

Discus and support Adding a folder to the Windows 10 Start Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I did this before, but can't seem to duplicate it now. I did a Clean Reinstall of Windows 10 not long ago & I am trying to add a folder to the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AZ69, Feb 4, 2019.

1. AZ69 Win User

Adding a folder to the Windows 10 Start Menu

I did this before, but can't seem to duplicate it now.
    I did a Clean Reinstall of Windows 10 not long ago & I am trying to add a folder to the Windows 10 Start Menu. I know I can go to: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs & add shortcuts in this folder to have them show up on the Start Menu; but if I create a new folder, that does NOT show up on the Start Menu. Anyone know how (or where) to add a new folder to the Start Menu?

Yes, I know I can install Classic Shell, but there is a way w/o using a 3rd-party app; I just can't remember how I did it before.

:)

AZ69, Feb 4, 2019
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Feb 4, 2019
  3. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Feb 4, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Adding a folder to the Windows 10 Start Menu - Similar Threads - Adding folder Start

2. Adding a shortcut in the Start Menu to another FOLDER in the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding a shortcut in the Start Menu to another FOLDER in the Start Menu: Gotta be doing something wrong.Have a program "FATSorter.exe." Found it in the C:/Program Files x86 directory. Right clicked on it > Create shortcut and added the shortcut to my desktop. Right clicked on the desktop icon for the shortcut and >Pin to Start Menu. Evidently, I...
  3. Adding a shortcut in the Start Menu to another FOLDER in the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding a shortcut in the Start Menu to another FOLDER in the Start Menu: Gotta be doing something wrong.Have a program "FATSorter.exe." Found it in the C:/Program Files x86 directory. Right clicked on it > Create shortcut and added the shortcut to my desktop. Right clicked on the desktop icon for the shortcut and >Pin to Start Menu. Evidently, I...
  4. Adding custom folders to left side of start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding custom folders to left side of start menu: Hi, I was wondering if there was a way of adding custom folders instead of download , music etc folders on left of start menu. I have tried kinda everything from personalize settings and start settings. but nothing seems to work out. Thank you for your help....
  5. Folder in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder in Start Menu: I accidently created a folder in the start menu by dragging one app over top of another but I hesitated a little to long and it automatically created a folder. How do I remove the folder from Start?...
  6. Adding a folder to the Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding a folder to the Windows 10 Start Menu: I did this before, but can't seem to duplicate it now. I did a Clean Reinstall of Windows 10 not long ago & I am trying to add a folder to the Windows 10 Start Menu. I know I can go to: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs & add shortcuts in this folder to...
  7. Adding columns in the start menu

Adding columns in the start menu: Hi! Im currently trying to increase the amount of columns displayed to 2. I have a tiny 7 inch screen with DPI set at 150% which makes the start menu only show one column. Do anyone know how to increase this to two? [img] 9011
  8. Folders on Start Menu

Folders on Start Menu: Hi, Last question on customizing Windows 10 *Smile Settings > Personalization > Start > Choose which folder appear on Start I need to enable ONLY the following ones: File Explorer Settings Documents Downloads Personal Folder As usual via registry! In Windows 7...
  9. Windows 10 Start menu Folders not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start menu Folders not working: Hello , I have clean installed windows 10 pro Version 1511, Now i am having problem with start menu as my all tiles from start menu went missing when i turned on my PC.Only some of apps tiles i can see in start menu those i added my self all are missing and when i go to All...
  10. Adding Options To Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding Options To Start Menu: I don't know about anyone else but I had a plain looking start menu that was tiny with no options. It's easy to fix.. Right Click Taskbar > Click Properties > Start Menu Tab > Customize > Then Add what you like. I was going to make a tutorial on this but it seemed too...