Windows 10: Adding a gmail contact in the Windows App People doesn't transfer to Google Contacts

Discus and support Adding a gmail contact in the Windows App People doesn't transfer to Google Contacts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Windows People App is connected to two accounts - one Hotmail, one Gmail.I added a contact through it to the Gmail account and synchronized.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Michael in Paris, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Adding a gmail contact in the Windows App People doesn't transfer to Google Contacts

My Windows People App is connected to two accounts - one Hotmail, one Gmail.I added a contact through it to the Gmail account and synchronized. However, when I connect to my Google account, the new contact doesn't show up there and so I can't use it on my Android phone.This is not the first time. It sometimes appears there a day later, sometimes never, and so I have to add it too directly into Google Contacts.I run Windows 10 Pro version 21H1 and the People app version is 10.1909.12456.0Thanks in advance for any help,Michael

:)

Michael in Paris, Jun 13, 2021
  2. Munki Win User

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Jun 13, 2021
  3. People app not syncing google contacts

I have the release Windows 10. I have successfully linked my google account, and mail and calendar seem to work fine. But not the people (contacts) app. The account is listed in People, I can tell it to sync, get no error message, but no contacts arrive. Am I missing something?

JoeInMexico, Jun 13, 2021
  4. marwerno Win User

Adding a gmail contact in the Windows App People doesn't transfer to Google Contacts

People app not syncing google contacts

I had a very similar issue, in such that only few contacts synced. What I found was, that MS does ONLY sync the contact which are labeled "My contacts" all others in the Google Contacts Manager are ignored!
    Highly annoying that one...but solvable
    Simply go into Google contacts and assign back all the contact you have to the "My contacts" group and all will be well (hopefully *Smile

marwerno, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

Adding a gmail contact in the Windows App People doesn't transfer to Google Contacts

1. Adding a gmail contact in the Windows App People doesn't transfer to Google Contacts - Similar Threads - Adding gmail contact

2. Fetching Google Contacts Into People App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fetching Google Contacts Into People App: I've added my outlook email account to mail.How do I get the app to fetch the contacts listed in the outlook online account?James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fetching-google-contacts-into-people-app/69a60ce3-90f4-4643-9556-d563a4d0e36d
  3. Fetching Google Contacts Into People App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fetching Google Contacts Into People App: I've added my outlook email account to mail.How do I get the app to fetch the contacts listed in the outlook online account?James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fetching-google-contacts-into-people-app/69a60ce3-90f4-4643-9556-d563a4d0e36d
  4. Importing Google Contacts into People App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Importing Google Contacts into People App: How do I import my Google contacts into People without having to add the Google account.Can I import a csv into people??James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-google-contacts-into-people-app/e7da5b0d-7e44-4c48-9135-6f8c2dba2e29
  5. Importing Google Contacts into People App

Importing Google Contacts into People App: How do I import my Google contacts into People without having to add the Google account.Can I import a csv into people??James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-google-contacts-into-people-app/e7da5b0d-7e44-4c48-9135-6f8c2dba2e29
  6. Cannot sync Google contacts with People app

Cannot sync Google contacts with People app: I'm trying to sync Google Contacts in Windows but none of the contacts are appearing. I have tried removing the google account and re entering it, making sure contacts is enabled in sync options. I have Checked my Firewall Settings are not interfering with the People also. I...
  7. Cannot sync Google contacts with People app

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot sync Google contacts with People app: I'm trying to sync Google Contacts in Windows but none of the contacts are appearing. I have tried removing the google account and re entering it, making sure contacts is enabled in sync options. I have Checked my Firewall Settings are not interfering with the People also. I...
  8. Google Contacts wont sync with People app

Google Contacts wont sync with People app: I'm trying to sync Google Contacts in Windows but none of the contacts are appearing. I Click on People icon to see the syncing Status and it stays like that for Many hours with no contacts populating the People app. How long does syncing take from scratch? I have tried...
  9. contacts into the people app

contacts into the people app: I am setting up Windows 10 for a friend who uses an email provider where the contacts list does not appear to be compatible with the People App. I have saved the contacts list that was in windows live mail, stored on the windows 7 machine, as a csv file and vcf files. I...
  10. People app not syncing google contacts

People app not syncing google contacts: I have the release Windows 10. I have successfully linked my google account, and mail and calendar seem to work fine. But not the people (contacts) app. The account is listed in People, I can tell it to sync, get no error message, but no contacts arrive. Am I missing...