Windows 10: Adding a Google account without Gmail won't sync

Discus and support Adding a Google account without Gmail won't sync in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have two google accs with two different contacts. I want to use them both in the People app. However when I try to add the second google account,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Deorohi28, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Adding a Google account without Gmail won't sync

I have two google accs with two different contacts. I want to use them both in the People app. However when I try to add the second google account, after entering the google acc details it just won't sync. The problem actually seems to be with the fact that the google account I wanted to add doesn't have a gmail address associated with it. But I really would like to use it without gmail.

submitted by /u/Deorohi28
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Deorohi28, Aug 5, 2020
  2. peerv Win User

Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

First confirm if you have two step authentication in you Google account.
    If YES follow these steps:

To have the Windows Mail app to work you have to generate a password for the Windows Mail app in your Google account at Anmelden – Google Konten
    Copy/paste this password into the password field of your Gmail account in the Mail app Settings/Accounts/Gmail
    This needs to be done only once.

Also check in Windows 10 Settings/Privacy if you have in Contacts AND Calender the Mail and Agenda allowed access ON
    If both are OFF the Mail app won't sync without throwing any error!!
    Just one off the many bugs in Mail app!

peerv, Aug 5, 2020
  3. s427 Win User
    Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

s427, Aug 5, 2020
  4. trikster Win User

Adding a Google account without Gmail won't sync

Google calendar sync no longer working

I also have this problem following the Mango update yesterday. I tried deleting the google account from my phone and then recreating it. The issue is still there but now I no longer have any calendar information in my phone.

I haven't tried the gmail suggestion above so that will be my next step.

trikster, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Adding a Google account without Gmail won't sync

1. Adding a Google account without Gmail won't sync - Similar Threads - Adding Google account

2. Recovery or syncing existing gmail account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery or syncing existing gmail account.: I can't sync my exisiting gmail account to any of my current devices. I stopped receiving messages when I renewed my Microsoft Office. My email address is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  3. Adding Google account without Gmail address to Windows 10/11 does not work

Adding Google account without Gmail address to Windows 10/11 does not work: Dear Everyone, When creating my Google account, I chose the option to link my existing email address to the Google account, instead of creating a Gmail address. I have a PC with Windows 10 and a laptop with Windows 11. When I add my Google account in the Settings app, nothing...
  4. Adding Google account without Gmail address to Windows 10/11 does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding Google account without Gmail address to Windows 10/11 does not work: Dear Everyone, When creating my Google account, I chose the option to link my existing email address to the Google account, instead of creating a Gmail address. I have a PC with Windows 10 and a laptop with Windows 11. When I add my Google account in the Settings app, nothing...
  5. Calendar and Contacts on Google account without Gmail service won't sync with Microsoft...

Calendar and Contacts on Google account without Gmail service won't sync with Microsoft...: On a previous version of Windows 10, or a previous release of the Windows 10 Calendar/Mail/People apps, I could synchronize my Google Calendar and Google Contacts with my Windows 10 Calendar, People and Mail apps—even when my Google account was never set up with Gmail service...
  6. Trying to sync a Google account without gmail address

in Browsers and Email
    Trying to sync a Google account without gmail address: Trying to add my contacts and calendar to Windows 10. I have two google accs . I want to use them both. However when I try to add the second google account, after entering the google acc details it just won't sync. The problem actually seems to be with the fact that the...
  7. syncing my gmail account with Incredimail account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    syncing my gmail account with Incredimail account: I am having trouble syncing my gmail account with my Incredimail account. I keep getting an error saying couldn't be signed in because my browser may be faulty Chrome and to try another browser. Also a pop up that says the script on the page is faulty and do I want to run...
  8. Gmail account, Google

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Gmail account, Google: Why can't I add my gmail account or any google products. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-google/e0a5f53b-939a-49f0-93f3-f07c9a76d242"
  9. Gmail account stopped syncing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gmail account stopped syncing: Without an understandable reason, my Gmail account stopped syncing in the Mail app on my desktop. I changed my password, and it still keeps giving me an error message. I've read other complaints in the community about this same issue, but I don't see any answers with any...
  10. GMAIL Won't Sync.

in Browsers and Email
    GMAIL Won't Sync.: O.k.......I have asked this question before, but can't find the answer.........how do I make my Gmail sync with w10 ?.........it's driving me mad !! 103367