Windows 10: Adding a hard drive to my windows 10 desktop pc

Discus and support Adding a hard drive to my windows 10 desktop pc in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just received my new rebuilt desktop pc and after I got it setup I needed to install a hard drive from my old pc and after I connected it to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Irven Griffin, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Adding a hard drive to my windows 10 desktop pc

I just received my new rebuilt desktop pc and after I got it setup I needed to install a hard drive from my old pc and after I connected it to the motherboard and the power cable the Pc would not boot, I then removed the hard drive and the pc still would not boot and I had to change the boot order to get it to boot, what could cause this to happen?? I have been able to install extra hard drives in my old windows 10 pc and never had this happen, Please help , Thank you in advance

Irven

:)

Irven Griffin, Mar 17, 2020
  2. $immond$ Win User

Windowed Hard Drives

On the contrary, showing off "slow tech" by adding a window to a hard drive is a "dumb" idea. Do you really want to be showing off a whole "7200-10000 RPM of power" or would you rather show off a plain SSD drive? (If you really desire to "show off")

Adding any window to any drive is just stupid. I just suggested an easier option for you since manufactures don't put windows on the latest hard drives.

$immond$, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Adding a hard drive to my windows 10 desktop pc

little cat, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Adding a hard drive to my windows 10 desktop pc

1. Adding a hard drive to my windows 10 desktop pc - Similar Threads - Adding hard drive

2. Added External hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Added External hard drive: I recently added an external hard drive to be able to download windows updates since the computer hard drive is so small. At first the windows only took a few GBs but now it is at almost 2 TBs. Why is it taking up so much space and how can I free up some of that space?...
  3. Added hard drive not recognized by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Added hard drive not recognized by Windows 10: I have a new PC and installed a 1TB hard drive from my old PC containing the OS and all files and software from the old Windows 10 PC. It is formatted NTSF just as the SSD in the new PC. The drive and all partitions are shown as healthy in Disk Management but does not...
  4. Trouble Adding New Hard Drive

Trouble Adding New Hard Drive: I'm trying to add a new hard drive and am having problems. I can see the drive in Device Manager, but it is not showing up in Disk Management. Also, when I go to DiskPart > List Disk it isn't showing. I've tried updating the driver in Device Manager and I've also...
  5. Adding already existing Windows 10 to new Hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding already existing Windows 10 to new Hard drive: I just had to get a new hard drive as my old one died. I already have Windows 10 and need to add it to new hard drive. How do I go about this?...
  6. Adding a hard drive to an inherited computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Adding a hard drive to an inherited computer: Good Afternoon, I inherited my father's computer after his passing. I do not need 2 computers but need his to help my mom run the household. I would like to add to my harddrive to his now my computer. Basically combining our two systems. After much struggling, I finally got...
  7. Trying to install windows 10 on my desktop with new hard drive.

Trying to install windows 10 on my desktop with new hard drive.: I'm usually not the type of person to ask questions on this type of forum, but I've run out of options. I apparently had a pretty bad hard drive failure on my old hard-drive used it for like 3 years was a solid seagate hdd so I went ahead and bough a new ssd and hdd. I...
  8. Adding a Hard Drive to storage pool

Adding a Hard Drive to storage pool: Trying to add internal hard to storage pool but keep getting error 0x00000005 or "need to close all applications that are open that are connected to that drive. How do I find out what applications need to be closed...
  9. Partitions added on hard drive

Partitions added on hard drive: I have updated both my laptop and desktop to windows 1803. The SSD on laptop has one additional partition added and my desktop HDD has three additional partitions added. Updated from 1709 to 1803. Both computers have EFI. Both computers work very good but why did 1803 add...
  10. Questions about adding hard drives and updating to windows 10

Questions about adding hard drives and updating to windows 10: I'll try my best to describe the issue that I am having. I bought a refurbished hp tower that came loaded with Windows 10. I took the 500gb hard drive out of it and replaced it with a 1TB hard drive from a friends computer. I am now trying to take the 500gb hard drive and add...