Windows 10: Adding a Hard Drive to storage pool

Discus and support Adding a Hard Drive to storage pool in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Trying to add internal hard to storage pool but keep getting error 0x00000005 or "need to close all applications that are open that are connected to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JazzieThuqqins, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Adding a Hard Drive to storage pool

Trying to add internal hard to storage pool but keep getting error 0x00000005 or "need to close all applications that are open that are connected to that drive. How do I find out what applications need to be closed

:)

JazzieThuqqins, Mar 30, 2020
  2. 333t Win User

How to remove a bad drive in Windows 10 storage spaces pool

Could someone list the steps involved in replacing a bad drive from a Windows 10 storage spaces pool? I cannot find any info on the Microsoft support site that is specific to Windows 10. Also, could you list the steps to remove a 'good' drive and replace
    it with another drive if the process is different?

3. MikeBar Win User
    Can't Remove Retired Drive from Storage Pool

I can't figure out why I can't remove a drive from my storage pool. I added a larger drive so now I have plenty of space, but it's stuck at .02% used, the usage of the drive is retired, and the repair process hits 99% but fails to remove at the very end.
    It seems to be in an endless loop as it keeps trying to repair, but I just can't get it removed. Even if I take the hard drive out, it remains in the pool. Any suggestions?

MikeBar, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Adding a Hard Drive to storage pool

replacing a drive in storage pool

Hi Arni,

As you referring to replacement of failed drive under storage pool, we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• How exactly have you created a storage pool on your device?
    • Which is the operating system installed on your device? Confirm to us if Windows 10.
    • Is your device connected to Windows Server/ domain network?

Reply to the post with the required information and brief description about this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Adding a Hard Drive to storage pool

1. Adding a Hard Drive to storage pool - Similar Threads - Adding Hard Drive

2. Storage Pool Queries- removal of hard drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Pool Queries- removal of hard drives: Hi, Due to qty4x5bay Orico external devices, plus qty 6 single bay external drives, I will not have enough Drive Letters available from Windows 11. I am now looking at Storage Spaces, however there seems to be no easy way to remove/stop using a 5bay device as a storage space...
  3. Storage Pool Queries- removal of hard drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Pool Queries- removal of hard drives: Hi, Due to qty4x5bay Orico external devices, plus qty 6 single bay external drives, I will not have enough Drive Letters available from Windows 11. I am now looking at Storage Spaces, however there seems to be no easy way to remove/stop using a 5bay device as a storage pool...
  4. Storage pool failed drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage pool failed drive: Hello everyone,I recently combined two hard drives that I own to a storage pool, one being an internal drive and the other a portable external hard drive I know silly move. The portable drive is now toasted and I've had a professional look at it with it not being saved. I...
  5. Storage pool failed drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage pool failed drive: Hello everyone,I recently combined two hard drives that I own to a storage pool, one being an internal drive and the other a portable external hard drive I know silly move. The portable drive is now toasted and I've had a professional look at it with it not being saved. I...
  6. Storage pool failed drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Storage Pool

Storage Pool: My Asus VivoBook recently ran out of storage space so I have been using an external hard drive to store everything. Yet my laptop progessed into no disc space and wasn't responding to basic functions like the use of Microsoft Word. I decided to create a storage pool to allow...
  8. Adding physical disks to a storage pool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adding physical disks to a storage pool: I have a storage pool of 4 physical 8tb disks. I added 2 more physical 8tb disks to the pool, but there doesn't seem to be a size increase. What I'm reading is that storage pools can't be added to once created, but that doesn't sound right. So, how do I get the added disks to...
  9. Storage Pools

Storage Pools: Hello, I currently have windows 10 Home premium x64 and I am running a storage pool with no parity. I want to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise and I want to know if I will lose my Storage Pool and the information in it?...
  10. Hard Drive Storage Pool (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive Storage Pool (Windows 10): Hi I have a storage pool set up on my Windows 10 PC The storage pool is a total of 6.5TB at the moment with 2.7TB of Data on it I'm getting the Warning "Low Capacity" add another drive When looking into it, when I set the drives up I set them to "Parity" which...