Windows 10: Adding a Language to Win 10 1809 laptops and desktops

Discus and support Adding a Language to Win 10 1809 laptops and desktops in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello All, I have noticed that the language and keyboard setting that were on our organization's laptops for few users have been over written by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Aparna Sharma, May 31, 2019.

1. Adding a Language to Win 10 1809 laptops and desktops

Hello All,

I have noticed that the language and keyboard setting that were on our organization's laptops for few users have been over written by defaults after 1809 upgrade.

There are no features being displayed while adding a language and even after adding the language, the keyboard doesn't work. Keyboard for that language is not even added in control panel.

I would want this to get changed. It was working fine for us after 1803 upgrade . Manually adding the language cabinet file didn't work either.

Does anyone know about this or will this be corrected in the next monthly updates?

:)

Aparna Sharma, May 31, 2019
  2. sarahk Win User

Win 10 laptop can't see a folder on desktop

Hi

My network is really simple. A win10 laptop and a win10 desktop. The desktop has a couple of hard drives and the laptop needs to see one of them.

At various times it's all been good but then something mysterious happens and we're back to square one.

So
    • I've set up a homegroup and both computers belong to it
    • I've set up sharing so that the homegroup can read/write
    • I've added my husbands email address as a user on the desktop and accepted the invitation so that it doesn't show as pending

Yet, when I go to the laptop
    • I can see the homegroup and the two computers that are in it
    • I can see the network and the same two computers
    • If I click on the drives I get a no-permission error

I've obviously missed a step somewhere and I've gone over tutorials and guides but can't work out what it is. Any ideas?

sarahk, May 31, 2019
  3. Win 10 1803 to 1809 update

Good day one and all.

My Desktop computer running Win 10 updated from version 1803 to 1809 a while back, but my laptop/notebook running Win 10 version 1803 (As of a Check for updates today 15 Nov 2018 6:30 AM) still hasn't updated to 1809.

I'm assuming the update 1803 to 1809 has now resumed after the earlier problems caused a suspension?

Updates in general on the laptop are coming through as available, for example, yesterday (14th Nov 2018) the "Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1803 for x64 based Systems (KB4467702)" arrived and was installed okay.

Any thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks

Arturo

arturox---01, May 31, 2019
  4. MohanC Win User

Adding a Language to Win 10 1809 laptops and desktops

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, May 31, 2019
Thema:

Adding a Language to Win 10 1809 laptops and desktops

1. Adding a Language to Win 10 1809 laptops and desktops - Similar Threads - Adding Language 1809

2. WIN 11, adding language keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN 11, adding language keyboard: helloI had installed win11. pro and when I change "language for non-Unicode programs" to my home language "ArabicEgypt" .after my PC restart it add additional keyboard "ArabicSaudi Arabia" and i hadn't installed this language pack .and i couldn't remove this keyboard...
  3. WIN 11, adding language keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIN 11, adding language keyboard: helloI had installed win11. pro and when I change "language for non-Unicode programs" to my home language "ArabicEgypt" .after my PC restart it add additional keyboard "ArabicSaudi Arabia" and i hadn't installed this language pack .and i couldn't remove this keyboard...
  4. Install Win 10 on added laptop SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Win 10 on added laptop SSD: I installed an SSD drive in place of my optical drive on my laptop. I wish to use this drive as boot drive. I have tried using windows media media creation tool, which recognized the new drive, to install windows 10 and it goes through the whole thing and then says my...
  5. Windows 10 1809 - Office Language

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 1809 - Office Language: Hello - We have Windows 10 1809 running with Office 2016. One of the user needs Japanese language in Office so that he can type in Word alone but still have the OS Display language as English. So Added the additional keyboard of Japanese, but still cannot make it work. The...
  6. Win 10 1809 bug?

Win 10 1809 bug?: I had win automatic download install caused me a great anger and gnashing of teeth. I checked the update page and saw a request to restart to complete the installation of win 1809. I found where I could delay the installation for 24 hours. when I got back to the download page...
  7. Language PT-BR Doesnt Work Win 10 PRO 1809

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language PT-BR Doesnt Work Win 10 PRO 1809: Good morning, I created .wim following steps: 1 - Add Language Packs "PT-BR" 2 - FODs 3 - Add appx ( UWP) I checked the images, WIN Home single and multi language are working, but WIN PRO doesnt. In sysprep the UWP applications are in Portuguese, but then we...
  8. Adding Language on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Language on Windows 10: I want to add a language (Japanese) so that I can use it, but the only option is to then change the entire sytem to Japanese. I don;t want my computer to speak Japanese, I just want to be able to use it when I need it. This was never a problem on any system I used before....
  9. Win 10 Ver 1809

Win 10 Ver 1809: Has the Oct update that was suspended been re released. Bill https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-ver-1809/3e59a410-1f39-497a-be80-f8620d8169aa
  10. Reinstall Win 10 1809

Reinstall Win 10 1809: I did a clean install of Win 10 1809 at the beginning of October, when it was first released. Of course, then it was pulled and now it is released again. Now that it has been re-released, is it best to do another clean install, or would the new cumulative update be just as...