Windows 10: adding a monitor

Discus and support adding a monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just got a refurbished Dell Inspiron. When I set it up like my old Dell, everything went well. I use a remote monitor and when I turned the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SharonHeldman, May 16, 2021.

1. adding a monitor

I just got a refurbished Dell Inspiron. When I set it up like my old Dell, everything went well. I use a remote monitor and when I turned the computer for the first time, the extra monitor went on perfectly. Now, when I just turned my computer on, the monitor screen is black. The cables are secure and the monitor is on.I'd like to get to the screen that shows the options for connecting my monitor but I cannot find it. I am not used to Dell Inspiron yet!_Please help!

:)

SharonHeldman, May 16, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 16, 2021
  3. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 16, 2021
  4. adding a monitor

Adding Monitor to Laptop

Hi,

Additional external monitors usually depends on the number of the video out ports that you have on your device. If your device has more than one HDMI or combination of HDMI and VGA ports, you can definitely add more external monitors. For an in-depth assistance
    in adding additional external monitors, we suggest that you get in touch with your device manufacturer.

Regards.

Michael Gall, May 16, 2021
Thema:

adding a monitor

1. adding a monitor - Similar Threads - adding monitor

2. Why has adding a third monitor removed the display setting, "show only on _"?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why has adding a third monitor removed the display setting, "show only on _"?: Tried searching to see if this was asked before, could not find one. Windows 10. I added a third monitor to my setup recently, and it seems to have removed the "show only on This display" option. Is this normal functionality? I used that option quite a bit. I can now only...
  3. I need help adding another monitor screen on my windows 10 laptop (Predator Brand laptop)....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help adding another monitor screen on my windows 10 laptop (Predator Brand laptop)....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CreativeTemporary456 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l8h26e/i_need_help_adding_another_monitor_screen_on_my/
  4. Display setting changes not accepted by computer- not detecting added monitors

Display setting changes not accepted by computer- not detecting added monitors: I have a surface pro and 2 monitors. Three days ago the system decided that it would not recognize the 2 monitors connected via a port and micro display cables. Now when I open the computer after locking the screen, not shutting down the computer, it does not recognize one...
  5. Audio feels delayed after adding another monitor to my setup

Audio feels delayed after adding another monitor to my setup: Hello! just today i have set up another monitor which is a 1680 x 1050 to go along with my primary monitor which is a 1440p 144hz Dell s2719dgf, the dell primary monitor is connected via Displayport and the second monitor is connected via a DVI-D to my GTX 1080. When playing...
  6. Screen resolution lowers drastically when adding second monitor

Screen resolution lowers drastically when adding second monitor: Hello I added a 32 inch monitor to my laptop pc. Moment i added it, my first monitor 24 inch suddenly dropped its resolution to 1280*800 when it was running earlier at 1920*1200 resolution. It does not allow any higher resolution on my 24 inch monitor. What is causing this...
  7. About adding an additional option for monitoring the temperature of CPU and dedicated GPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    About adding an additional option for monitoring the temperature of CPU and dedicated GPU: Hello there, Why cant windows have a option for checking the operating temperature of the CPU and GPU to check whether they are operating in the good temperature, Kindly try to add the feature in the future updates.....
  8. monitor lags my laptop, adding delay for everything, except my mouse.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    monitor lags my laptop, adding delay for everything, except my mouse.: I have been testing out my monitor, when i realised playing games such as Apex legends, there was a TON of delay, and lag. but when i unplugged my monitor, all the delay and lag was suddenly gone. i tried it on another game, same problem, same solution. Is there any way to...
  9. Monitorbugging out after adding 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitorbugging out after adding 2nd monitor: I am working on an HP z820 workstation with an NVidia K4000 blower card and 2 black Magic cards. Whenever i plug in the second monitor it goes crazy and for some reason adds A 3rd monitory and makes it the main one so whenever i try to open Ctrl panel and try to make my main...
  10. adding another monitor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    adding another monitor: Hello, I am trying to install my 2nd monitor to my CyberPower GMA6200WST PC, and when i plug in my second one, both screens go black and say " no signal ". I need help....