Windows 10: Adding a new account asks for email...then nothing happens

Discus and support Adding a new account asks for email...then nothing happens in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I added a new user acct to Windows 10. It asked for an email address (I entered my Yahoo email address)...and nothing has arrived in my inbox. How does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AshleyQuick, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Adding a new account asks for email...then nothing happens

I added a new user acct to Windows 10. It asked for an email address (I entered my Yahoo email address)...and nothing has arrived in my inbox. How does this work?

:)

AshleyQuick, Apr 18, 2016

2. All emails deleted C7

Thanks for the quick reply but still no emails. Tried deleting the account and adding it again as new but still nothing. I'll contact my email provider tomorrow to see if anything's happened there. Cheers

cursor---01, Apr 18, 2016
  3. hpholm Win User
    Nokia account default email

One possible explanation for the trouble - the password asked when adding a new email address to the Nokia account is the Nokia account password - not the password for the email address being added.

--

Hans

hpholm, Apr 18, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Adding a new account asks for email...then nothing happens

Just to make sure. How did you add your Yahoo account ?

Did you open Mail app > click the gear icon > Manage Accounts > + Add account ?

If yes, open Mail app > top left click the hamburger icon ( the 3 line icon ) > that will show you the accounts in the system > click yahoo and see if you have mails.

davidhk, Apr 18, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    If the matter is settled, here is something you might want to use...............

Setup notification and sound for in-coming mails.

Open Mail app > click the gear icon > right side, click Notifications >see screenshot......................

Adding a new account asks for email...then nothing happens [​IMG]

davidhk, Apr 18, 2016
  6. No. When I was creating a new user account, I was presented with a popup that asks "How will this user sign in?"

I then entered the existing Yahoo email address.

7. davidhk Win User
    Would you care to try the method I posted in post #2 ?

davidhk, Apr 18, 2016
  8. Adding a new account asks for email...then nothing happens

I recalled that the Yahoo email that I entered was also a Microsoft account. I simply used the password and the account setup was completed. Thanks for replies!

9. davidhk Win User
    You are welcome.

Happy computing.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Adding a new account asks for email...then nothing happens

1. Adding a new account asks for email...then nothing happens - Similar Threads - Adding account asks

2. Installing windows with USB on new pc, asks for restart then nothing happens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing windows with USB on new pc, asks for restart then nothing happens: So i just built my new pc and im installing windows 10 through installation media. I checked first that everything worked and then proceeded to run the instalaltion process. it runs normally and askes for the system to be restarted. After restart nothing happens the fans on...
  3. Installing windows with USB on new pc, asks for restart then nothing happens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing windows with USB on new pc, asks for restart then nothing happens: So i just built my new pc and im installing windows 10 through installation media. I checked first that everything worked and then proceeded to run the instalaltion process. it runs normally and askes for the system to be restarted. After restart nothing happens the fans on...
  4. Installing windows with USB on new pc, asks for restart then nothing happens

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts: Some programs requiring microsoft account signin were not working so I created a local account, signed out and removed my microsoft account. Now when I try to add any microsoft account, I get this error....
  6. Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts: Some programs requiring microsoft account signin were not working so I created a local account, signed out and removed my microsoft account. Now when I try to add any microsoft account, I get this error....
  7. Adding an email account issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding an email account issues: I am attempting to add a sbcglobal.net account to my 360 Outlook Windows10. As instructed I have obtain the yahoo app password and used it when prompted but to no avail. Any detailed help would be helpful...
  8. Adding an email to my account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding an email to my account: I am having a problem adding a Gmail address to my Microsoft account. It tells me that it needs to be updated. I changed the password (only option given) and that does not correct the problem. What do you advise that I should do? Thank You...
  9. New email account not added in People. Please help

in Windows 10 Customization
    New email account not added in People. Please help: I have a new pc with Win 10, and it came with my MS Outlook email installed. I have added my other email from a local server in my city, and it will NOT show up in "People", so I can add new contacts. I've worked on this 2 days, with no luck. Please tell me what to do. This...
  10. Windows 10 adding new versions of email account!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 adding new versions of email account!!!: As with some others as soon as I upgraded to Windows 10 my external email account using Outlook13 received emails but could not send. So I deleted my email and reset it but the send problem persisted. In noted that each time I did the account delete and reset a new name...