Windows 10: adding a new user on Windows 10

Discus and support adding a new user on Windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi. I would like to add a new user so that it appears on the log in screen, the way previous versions of Windows did. There are instructions on the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Tommy460, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Tommy460 Win User

adding a new user on Windows 10

Hi. I would like to add a new user so that it appears on the log in screen, the way previous versions of Windows did. There are instructions on the web, but the screen shots they show are different than I see on my screen when Windows 10 starts.

:)

Tommy460, Apr 11, 2020

2. Adding a new user

Hi Alex,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you.

Let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. Follow the below steps.

• Type settings on the Windows search bar and select
      Settings.

• Click on Accounts, and click on
      Family & other users
      on the left pane.

• Now you can add new user account.
    Also visit the below link on how to create new user account. (Steps applies to Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 11, 2020
  3. windows 10 - Microsoft Store & Adding new user

Hi,

Creating or adding new user account is one possible troubleshooting step that you can perform whenever you are encountering problems with Windows Store. Through this, we can identify if there are corrupted files in the current user that causes problem with
    Windows Store. If you are having problem adding account through Account settings, let us try these steps instead:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type this net localgroup administrator test /add and hit
      Enter
    Keep us posted.

Antoneth Ber, Apr 11, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

1. adding a new user on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - adding user

2. IIS > Physical Path Identifier issue while adding a user account from ACTIVEDIRECTORY...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IIS > Physical Path Identifier issue while adding a user account from ACTIVEDIRECTORY...: Hello,I got some issues using IIS. I've done a password reinitialisation of my standard ACTIVEDIRECTORY account by using this tool : https://account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com/ChangePassword.aspxI restarted my machine, the new password in working well i could log to my...
  3. IIS > Physical Path Identifier issue while adding a user account from ACTIVEDIRECTORY...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    IIS > Physical Path Identifier issue while adding a user account from ACTIVEDIRECTORY...: Hello,I got some issues using IIS. I've done a password reinitialisation of my standard ACTIVEDIRECTORY account by using this tool : https://account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com/ChangePassword.aspxI restarted my machine, the new password in working well i could log to my...
  4. IIS > Physical Path Identifier issue while adding a user account from ACTIVEDIRECTORY...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to limit the number User Account allowed to be added to a Windows device sign-in.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to limit the number User Account allowed to be added to a Windows device sign-in.: I'm looking for a way to restrict a child's ability to bypass their account restrictions by adding a new account to a windows device. Any advice?...
  6. How to limit the number User Account allowed to be added to a Windows device sign-in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to limit the number User Account allowed to be added to a Windows device sign-in.: I'm looking for a way to restrict a child's ability to bypass their account restrictions by adding a new account to a windows device. Any advice?...
  7. How to limit the number User Account allowed to be added to a Windows device sign-in.

8. Hackers converted Home edition into work added 13 users with trusted installer credentials

Hackers converted Home edition into work added 13 users with trusted installer credentials: My Microsoft home was hacked, turned into a work account and 13 users added with installer privileges. I am an attorney and they have access to confidential info. They change all privileges to allow chromecast or mirrorcast and use across several devices. They also hacked...
  9. Hackers converted Home edition into work added 13 users with trusted installer credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hackers converted Home edition into work added 13 users with trusted installer credentials: My Microsoft home was hacked, turned into a work account and 13 users added with installer privileges. I am an attorney and they have access to confidential info. They change all privileges to allow chromecast or mirrorcast and use across several devices. They also hacked...
  10. Microsft account dialog closes when adding a User

Microsft account dialog closes when adding a User: I want to add a New User to my Computer so I do the basics "Settings>Accounts>Family & Other Users". But when I click add another user the Microsoft Account window appears complete in its windows theme gray and it has its Application Text, Maximize, Minimize, and Close...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. new user windows 10

2. add a new user to windows 10