Windows 10: Adding a Path to a Network Drive

Discus and support Adding a Path to a Network Drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been trying to move off of Linux and over to Windows and I've come across an issue I'm unsure of how to resolve.So I've mapped a network drive to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ryan01001, Mar 24, 2023.

1. Ryan01001 Win User

Adding a Path to a Network Drive

I've been trying to move off of Linux and over to Windows and I've come across an issue I'm unsure of how to resolve.So I've mapped a network drive to Z: which contains information needed in some programs that I run. In those programs, they specify a file path to look in that looks like "media\NewtworkDrive" - if I try and change the program to look for the info instead in, say, "Z:\", that will mess up things for other people still using Linux. In Linux, I am able to mount the drive to a specified folder or path the media folder in this case - is there an analogue to this in Windows? Or a

:)

Ryan01001, Mar 24, 2023

2. Incorrect Network Path in Drive Properties

As I said in my original post, I am only trying to change the network path listed in the N drive's properties. It should say \\my-pc\n but the network path is \\my-pc\d. I have no idea where the d came from or how to change it to read \\my-pc\n.

TrishFinney, Mar 24, 2023
  3. jackin Win User
    Able to ping network path but not able to map network drive on Windows 10

So i ran into this situation today. Computer A (Windows 7 professional) and Computer B (Windows 10) both connected to same domain.

Computer A can access network drive, but computer B cannot

This is what i tried on computer B, which has Windows 10

Verified advanced network sharing settings are enabled

Verified computer B can ping network path, but unable to map network drive

flushed DNS. Tried browsing to network drive, no good

Tried accessing network path with IPv4 address, network path, but no success

Not sure why computer B can ping the network drive but cannot map to network drive

Also verified NetBIOS is enabled.

Are there any other troubleshooting steps that i missed or what else should i check on Windows 10 about mapping network drive?

jackin, Mar 24, 2023
  4. Adding a Path to a Network Drive

For File Explorer, how to get UNC pathname of folder in mapped Drive ?

Thanks, this is another workaround.

If File Explorer can show the UNC Path, end-user only need to copy the address bar instead of

1. requiring CMD skill and memory for the command
    2. additional four steps to get UNC pathname of a file.
      1. open CMD
      2. type in net use
      3. copy Remote text
      4. add subfolder to Remote Text
    Your suggestion is very useful in general but for my case need more labour than the one I posted with help from

Find UNC path of a network drive?

Is it possible to minimize steps with your CMD option?

for example, open CMD in the subfolder instead and then type in some command to get UNC path of the subfolder?

There is a paid solution but I need approval from IT; which is unlikely because this is not commonly required except for communicating to Tech Support

Pay App

Sunny PA Wong, Mar 24, 2023
Thema:

Adding a Path to a Network Drive

1. Adding a Path to a Network Drive - Similar Threads - Adding Path Network

2. Adding a Path to a Network Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding a Path to a Network Drive: I've been trying to move off of Linux and over to Windows and I've come across an issue I'm unsure of how to resolve.So I've mapped a network drive to Z: which contains information needed in some programs that I run. In those programs, they specify a file path to look in that...
  3. the network path was not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the network path was not found: hope bnthis helps someoneok after days and days i got it a simple fix for me my nas is connected to my router finaly i changed setting to local network fixed everything...
  4. Is there a way to shorten Network Drive file paths?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a way to shorten Network Drive file paths?: We are currently using Network Locations to access our company SharePoint files. We decided to use Network Location instead of OneDrive, because OneDrive has a delay of 5-15 between a person uploading a file and other people seeing the file on their file explorer.However, we...
  5. AD Profile - Home Path

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    AD Profile - Home Path: Is there a way to get the changes applied after the user logged in ? We have Cisco VPN. So when the user restarts the PC, it is not connected to network. then they launch VPN and connects to our network. So if i make a change to User's profile Home folder path in AD, then how...
  6. Mapping and saving a path to network drives

Mapping and saving a path to network drives: Windows ver. 1909 I use a program called MyFolders. It creates a Right click menu option in File Explorer that then allows you to map a path to and save that mapped path to any external drive or other computer on your network. It appears this program has some fatal flaws...
  7. Adding PC to Network without adding a specific folder/drive?

Adding PC to Network without adding a specific folder/drive?: Is it possible to have a shortcut show up in Network windows 10 latest update as of 6/14/2020 like in older builds where I can click into it and have access to that pc's shared drives? I know how to setup a network drive, but can't figure out how in this newest build to link...
  8. Network path not reachable

Network path not reachable: My main PC has two mapped drives, one to a NAS and the other a folder on the PC Other devices at home can reach the NAS but not the mapped folder I have proved it's to do with the KTS fw, when I turn off the fw the mapped folder is then reachable I recently upgraded KTS to...
  9. Incorrect Network Path in Drive Properties

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Incorrect Network Path in Drive Properties: In Properties for my N drive, the network path ends in \d, not \n - how do I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-network-path-in-drive-properties/15a1a878-7104-4027-afe9-2f4f1b6d74d8
  10. Cannot connect to network drives - network path not found!

Cannot connect to network drives - network path not found!: This is a really infuriating problem that I just can’t get my head around! I have 2 win10 pcs and one WDigital network drive all wired together by Ethernet via an Asus AC68u. Pc 1 can read and write to the network drive and can read and write files to pc 2 pc2 can read and...