Windows 10: adding a phone in settings is failing

Discus and support adding a phone in settings is failing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; just completed the 1903 upgrade and want to link iphone with windows to take advantage of texting from Windows. When I go to setting -> phone -> add a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jimwilkinstx, Aug 29, 2019.

1. adding a phone in settings is failing

just completed the 1903 upgrade and want to link iphone with windows to take advantage of texting from Windows. When I go to setting -> phone -> add a phone, I get an error: "Something went wrong try again or select Cancel to set up your device later." How might I resolve this issue?

:)

jimwilkinstx, Aug 29, 2019
  2. meebers Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Winuser Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

When my phone fails to upgrade I just keep trying. One upgrade took 3 or 4 tries.

Winuser, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Dos101 Win User

adding a phone in settings is failing

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular Windows Phone-Apps – Microsoft Store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

adding a phone in settings is failing

1. adding a phone in settings is failing - Similar Threads - adding phone settings

2. Adding e-mail, to my phone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding e-mail, to my phone: My computer, is a laptop. Running, Windows 10.I use, Yahoo mail. On, my computer.I have a Moto G stylus, 2022 smartphone.I have taken, many pictures. On, this phone.I want, to export. The pictures, to my computer.The instructions, I read. Said go to setup, add account.It then...
  3. Adding e-mail, to my phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding e-mail, to my phone: My computer, is a laptop. Running, Windows 10.I use, Yahoo mail. On, my computer.I have a Moto G stylus, 2022 smartphone.I have taken, many pictures. On, this phone.I want, to export. The pictures, to my computer.The instructions, I read. Said go to setup, add account.It then...
  4. Adding e-mail, to my phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Phone Link adding Phantom Phone number in Messages.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link adding Phantom Phone number in Messages.: Windows 10 x64 pro and Phone Link app are up to date. Phone link is added a extra phone number when texting to users.If I send a text from phone galazy z fold 4 it goes out normally.Responses, etc.. all normal from phone.If I respond to that text via Phone Link , sometimes a...
  6. Phone Link adding Phantom Phone number in Messages.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link adding Phantom Phone number in Messages.: Windows 10 x64 pro and Phone Link app are up to date. Phone link is added a extra phone number when texting to users.If I send a text from phone galazy z fold 4 it goes out normally.Responses, etc.. all normal from phone.If I respond to that text via Phone Link , sometimes a...
  7. Adding Microsoft account fails

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Adding Microsoft account fails: I have a new computer and am trying to use the Microsoft store. When I try to log in it asks for my Microsoft account. I enter the account and password and then I get a message on my phone to press the number on my phone that I see on my computer screen. I press it and so far...
  8. Adding Azure AD group to local group fails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Azure AD group to local group fails: The command below fails with error "there is no such global user or group: AzureAd\*** Email address is removed for privacy ***"net localgroup administrators "AzureAD\*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" /AddI have tried using the SID, no AzureAD, and no domain and...
  9. adding a childs phone to microsoft family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    adding a childs phone to microsoft family: How do I add my child's andriod phone to devices on Microsoft family? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-childs-phone-to-microsoft-family/3ddd65da-48ce-4c95-bca6-b35779cc0fec
  10. adding a phone number for alias

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    adding a phone number for alias: I want to add my cell phone number to my alias list, but keep getting the message, "This phone number is already taken. Please try another." How can I use my cell phone number as a second alias? I have had my cell phone number for 10+ years....