Windows 10: adding a phone number for alias

Discus and support adding a phone number for alias in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I want to add my cell phone number to my alias list, but keep getting the message, "This phone number is already taken. Please try another." How can I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by YasmineJ, Sep 16, 2019.

1. YasmineJ Win User

adding a phone number for alias

I want to add my cell phone number to my alias list, but keep getting the message, "This phone number is already taken. Please try another." How can I use my cell phone number as a second alias? I have had my cell phone number for 10+ years.

:)

YasmineJ, Sep 16, 2019

2. Verification code is not being accepted after adding phone number to alias account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Provide more information to help you better:

• Are you trying to verify the Microsoft account?

• What happens when you are trying to verify the account?

Sorry to inform you that there is no option to add a telephone number as Alias.

I suggest you to refer to the following article to verify the account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/two-step-verification-faq

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/account-security-password-information

You may also refer to the following article to add an alias.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/add-alias-account

Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 16, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Facebook is using your 2FA phone number to target you with ads

Read more:

Brink, Sep 16, 2019
  4. rmucan Win User

Verification code is not being accepted after adding phone number to alias account

*Original Title: Add phone number Account alias

I am trying to add my phone as an alias however the verification code is not being excepted. Any solution?

rmucan, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

1. adding a phone number for alias - Similar Threads - adding phone number

2. Trying to add phone number under my alias account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to add phone number under my alias account.: Trying to add phone number to my primary alias and it won't take. Tried all the avenues. I need this to tx rewards to my paypal. Any assistance is appreciated....
  3. Trying to add phone number under my alias account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to add phone number under my alias account.: Trying to add phone number to my primary alias and it won't take. Tried all the avenues. I need this to tx rewards to my paypal. Any assistance is appreciated....
  4. Adding a phone number to my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding a phone number to my Microsoft account.: Hi,I am trying to add a phone number to my Microsoft account. I am able to input my phone number and receive a code, but then keep getting an error message that says, "This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." This has been happening consistently for...
  5. Adding a phone number to my Microsoft account.

Adding a phone number to my Microsoft account.: Hi,I am trying to add a phone number to my Microsoft account. I am able to input my phone number and receive a code, but then keep getting an error message that says, "This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." This has been happening consistently for...
  6. Adding a phone number to my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Phone Link adding Phantom Phone number in Messages.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link adding Phantom Phone number in Messages.: Windows 10 x64 pro and Phone Link app are up to date. Phone link is added a extra phone number when texting to users.If I send a text from phone galazy z fold 4 it goes out normally.Responses, etc.. all normal from phone.If I respond to that text via Phone Link , sometimes a...
  8. Phone Link adding Phantom Phone number in Messages.

Phone Link adding Phantom Phone number in Messages.: Windows 10 x64 pro and Phone Link app are up to date. Phone link is added a extra phone number when texting to users.If I send a text from phone galazy z fold 4 it goes out normally.Responses, etc.. all normal from phone.If I respond to that text via Phone Link , sometimes a...
  9. adding an alias

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    adding an alias: Hello, I'm trying to add a different email to my microsoft account since the one associated with my account currently is quite old and was made probably 10 years ago. I was wanting to add my personal email to the account but every time I attempt to add it, it says, " This...
  10. How do i remove my phone number alias without the phone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do i remove my phone number alias without the phone: I tried to add a email alias in my account but it says it needs to wait for the security thing to go through which was supposed to be on 27/5/20 but it is already 2/6/20 and it still show that security info thing.When i try to cancel it it says i need to enter the code sent...