Windows 10: adding a printer after a fresh load of windows 10 1903

Discus and support adding a printer after a fresh load of windows 10 1903 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just reimaged my computer with the most current image of windows 10 that I downloaded from microsoft.com using the media creation tool. When I go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BobCloutier1, May 14, 2020.

1. adding a printer after a fresh load of windows 10 1903

I just reimaged my computer with the most current image of windows 10 that I downloaded from microsoft.com using the media creation tool. When I go to add a printer there are only 2 printer manufacturers available in the list to choose from. When I click to use windows update, I do see a full list of printer manufacturers and all their printers. when I select my printer from the list and click next, all appears like things will work as I even get a screen asking "do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" which we select YES. after a couple of minutes I get the dialog box stating "printer driver was not installed" I've tried doing this same process on another computer i have that I had loaded printer drivers from windows update on versions of windows 10 back at the 1703 build. since things aren't working I am sure there is a bug with this 1903 build and loading printers using the 1903 build. Does anyone have a work around? I was wondering if maybe I could just copy the c:\windows\system32\spool folder and all directories below from an earlier build of windows 10 that has the drivers built in. and then try to paste that folder on this new load of windows 10. I am 100% sure their is a bug in the printer install app using the windows update feature to install the driver. thanks any help would be appreciated.

:)

BobCloutier1, May 14, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, May 14, 2020
  3. JohnD Win User
    Adding unlisted printer to the Win10 list

!'m not sure how I did it but all seems well now. It was something like Deacon suggested plus a re-boot or two. It's now listed as a printer, not as unspecified.

adding a printer after a fresh load of windows 10 1903 [​IMG]

Update the list still doesn't work.

Thanks for your support.

PS MS's Update catalogue is very useful. E.g. Microsoft Update Catalog

JohnD, May 14, 2020
  4. adding a printer after a fresh load of windows 10 1903

Adding a New Printer in Windows 10 does not work

Hi Braink,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about adding a printer to Surface Pro 4 device. We will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted or outdated printer drivers after installing the updates for Outlook 2016. We will help you with this issue.

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps you to add the printer.

Step 1: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

Follow:

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to check the status of
    Print Spooler service and check.

Print Spooler service, spools print service and handles interactions with the printer.
    If you turn off this service you won’t be able to print or see your printer.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for Printer Spooler service, right click on it and
      Start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Now check if you are able to install the driver.

Step 3: I suggest you to refer to the below thread, check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Greg Carmack - MS MVP
    on January 10, 2016 and check if it helps.

Unable to connect my Printer to Windows 10

Hope it helps. get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 14, 2020
Thema:

adding a printer after a fresh load of windows 10 1903

1. adding a printer after a fresh load of windows 10 1903 - Similar Threads - adding printer fresh

2. Taskbar not loading after a fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not loading after a fresh install: I was on Windows 11 Home, when all of a sudden, its display went black. I restarted the PC, it started the diagnosing PC and attempting repairs. It could not repair them... As on the internet, I clicked Advanced Options and then in the CMD, when I typed C:, it said the the...
  3. Taskbar not loading after a fresh install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar not loading after a fresh install: I was on Windows 11 Home, when all of a sudden, its display went black. I restarted the PC, it started the diagnosing PC and attempting repairs. It could not repair them... As on the internet, I clicked Advanced Options and then in the CMD, when I typed C:, it said the the...
  4. adding a printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    adding a printer: Im trying to connect a new wireless printer and its not showing up even under 'advanced search' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-printer/8ab36212-160f-40e6-9517-d3fb8eee0486
  5. Windows 10 gets stuck loading after 1903 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 gets stuck loading after 1903 upgrade: Hi There, I upgraded my machine to update 1903 after receiving a message that Microsoft is dropping support for the previous 1809 version. However it now gets stuck at the loading screen with the spinning icon. I did note that on the initial restart I was able to login...
  6. Desktop not loading after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop not loading after 1903 update: Looking for ideas! After updating to 1903, I type my password on the login screen, and then it starts to load into my profile. However the desktop doesn't load. The toolbar and start appears but flickers on and off every second continuously as if it's crashing then...
  7. Printer Spooler after Windows Update 1903

Printer Spooler after Windows Update 1903: Printer Spooler was automatically turned off when installing Windows Update 1903. I tried a series of troubleshooting, the solving was not succeed. Windows Update 1903 was uninstalled, the printer spooler resume and working properly. Is there any solution that can solve...
  8. Printer problems after upgrading to Win 10 1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer problems after upgrading to Win 10 1903: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 1903. Appeared to go ok, until I wanted to use my printer, a Brother MFC-J5330DW. It would not function, even though the device preferences and settings could be seen and it was flagged as the default printer in the Windows settings. Any...
  9. Loading Windows 10 version 1903

Loading Windows 10 version 1903: I Keep having problems loading windows 10 version 1903 and I have used the trouble shooting but this still keeps on happening. Please forward how to fix this ploblem....
  10. Fresh installation of Windows 1903

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fresh installation of Windows 1903: Hi, I have original version of Windows 7. And system upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. Now I want to proceed fresh installation due to Hard Disk Failures. I tried to find the Windows Key associated with current version. And installing Windows 10 (1903) on Hyper-V for...