Windows 10: adding a program manually to startup

Discus and support adding a program manually to startup in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi All, my major issue so far with Win10 is that no matter what i do, a program will not start when i login. i am using say the time and I have done... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BladeTurbo, May 28, 2016.

1. adding a program manually to startup

Hi All, my major issue so far with Win10 is that no matter what i do, a program will not start when i login. i am using say the time and I have done everything from changing the compatibility (check the run as admin) to adding a task scheduler job to run when the computer starts. the program runs fine when i start it manually, but not when i put it into the start menu (using shell:startup) . what am i doing wrong?

:)

BladeTurbo, May 28, 2016

2. Programmes Failing to Load on Boot

Hi,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

You might not see the programs in the startup folder because sometimes, when you install a program, you get the option to check the "open/launch during startup" which then gets added in the startup program automatically . The steps I provided
    above is to manually add programs which are not already in the startup tab in task manager. However, I'm glad to hear that the programs are loading during startup now. We appreciate you sharing the information.

If you have any Windows related queries in the future, do let us know. We will be glad to help.

Wungraileng Vashi, May 28, 2016
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    Is it possible to manually add a program to the list of installed programs?

Why not just add shortcuts or folders containing shortcuts... example;

"C:\Users\mike\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\HWMonitor.lnk"

HWMonitor, "C:\myTemp\HwMonitor" is a little non installed utility & its now in the start menu.

adding a program manually to startup [​IMG]

'Mike P, May 28, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

adding a program manually to startup

Have you gone to Task Manager and clicked on the startup tab? make sure it is enabled?

essenbe, May 28, 2016
  5. Have you tried to reinstall it? I have tried it and it created a startup by itself and also started just fine.

TairikuOkami, May 28, 2016
  6. essenbe Win User
    If you can start it manually, find the program in all apps, right click it, select more and open file location, on the .EXE file, right click it and select send to > Desktop as shortcut. On your Desktop click it and see if it starts the program. If it does, open shell:common startup (C:/Program data/microsoft/windows/start menu/programs/startup) and drag/drop the desktop icon into there. That should work. If not, you may have to do what TairikuOkami suggested.

BTW< it should be by default, but make sure it is enabled in task Manager > Startup Tab.

essenbe, May 28, 2016
  7. CountMike New Member
    I have one program like that, NetTrafic, It's in Startup and enabled, it's also in startup folder, etc. etc. in it's options it's marked to start with windows, has administrator privileges but still will not start automatically, It's latest version and it works with W10 without problems.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

adding a program manually to startup

1. adding a program manually to startup - Similar Threads - adding program manually

2. Resources for Manually Adding Comm Port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Resources for Manually Adding Comm Port: I'm attempting to add a new comm port to my ThinkPad T14s running Win 10 in order to use a USB-serial cable. I've tried to configure resources to the port using many of the basic configurations, but of the ones I've tested I get a code 12 error. Within the resources tab it's...
  3. Manually added app shortcuts disappear from app start folder after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manually added app shortcuts disappear from app start folder after startup: This is happening all the time. I manually added two app shortcuts to the startup app folder WIN+R/shell: startup so they are automatically launched each time I log in.After each startup finishes, the two shortcuts disappear from that folder and, to make sure the apps launch...
  4. Manually added app shortcuts disappear from app start folder after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Manually added app shortcuts disappear from app start folder after startup: This is happening all the time. I manually added two app shortcuts to the startup app folder WIN+R/shell: startup so they are automatically launched each time I log in.After each startup finishes, the two shortcuts disappear from that folder and, to make sure the apps launch...
  5. ADDING CERTIFICATES MANUALLY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ADDING CERTIFICATES MANUALLY: Hello I am trying to add the Kaspersky root certificate to the Mozilla Firefox or Thunderbird certificate storage. When I press export it asks me to specify the file name I want to export in the wizzard. What do I put as the file name. I have asked various websites and I have...
  6. ADDING CERTIFICATES MANUALLY

ADDING CERTIFICATES MANUALLY: Hello I am trying to add the Kaspersky root certificate to the Mozilla Firefox or Thunderbird certificate storage. When I press export it asks me to specify the file name I want to export in the wizzard. What do I put as the file name. I have asked various websites and I have...
  7. ADDING CERTIFICATES MANUALLY

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Program ads

Program ads: I have placed 4 calls to Microsoft to complain about all the ads that interrupt my paid subscription to Microsoft Solitaire Collection. Why is this happening ? No one seems to have an answer....
  9. Adding a program to Windows 10 Startup is not working correctly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Adding a program to Windows 10 Startup is not working correctly: I'm using a program called Soprosnap.exe that I want to automatically start when the computer boots or at least when I login to Windows. I've tried a couple of different things but it's still not working. Here's what I've tried: 1. Added shortcut to the Startup folder at...
  10. Adding A Program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding A Program: How do I add a program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-program/5b7ce76b-bbec-4950-8ffb-3ace5ee38cdf