Windows 10: Adding a program to Windows 10 Startup is not working correctly

Discus and support Adding a program to Windows 10 Startup is not working correctly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm using a program called Soprosnap.exe that I want to automatically start when the computer boots or at least when I login to Windows. I've tried a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GilbertF, Jan 5, 2020.

1. GilbertF Win User

Adding a program to Windows 10 Startup is not working correctly

I'm using a program called Soprosnap.exe that I want to automatically start when the computer boots or at least when I login to Windows. I've tried a couple of different things but it's still not working. Here's what I've tried:

1. Added shortcut to the Startup folder at C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

https://tunecomp.net/add-program-to-startup-windows-10/

2. Used Registry Editor

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/setupapi/run-and-runonce-registry-keys?redirectedfrom=MSDN

If I login to Windows and I double click the shortcut on the desktop, I see the program running in the taskbar. When I tried the 2 methods listed above, nothing happened when I reboot the PC and login to Windows. I want the program to start automatically so the user doesn't have to manually open it each time.

:)

GilbertF, Jan 5, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Adding programs to startup with Windows 7?

You could add entries to the registry to launch the apps on startup, but it's easier to just add them to the startup foler as Newt suggested.

Kreij, Jan 5, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 5, 2020
  4. Adding a program to Windows 10 Startup is not working correctly

Fastest way to adding program in Windows startup

1. Description

In Google I can find only solutions, where I need in many steps for adding my program to Windows 10 startup folder. Are there fast ways? Example:

2. Expected behavior

For example, I have SashaGoddess.exe application:

1. Right_Click to SashaGoddess.exe in Windows Explorer or desktop,
    2. Select Send to startup,
    3. Shortcut for SashaGoddess.exe will be created and send to shell:startup — C:\Users\SashaChernykh\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup for me.

3. Questions

• How to realize expected behavior?

or

• Other fast solutions? Built-in or gratis third-party applications.

4. Do not offer

1. Please, do not offer solutions from that How-To Geek article or similar.
    2. Please, do not offer solutions with many steps for adding programs in startup.

Саша Черных, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

Adding a program to Windows 10 Startup is not working correctly

1. Adding a program to Windows 10 Startup is not working correctly - Similar Threads - Adding program Startup

2. Fast startup is not working correctly and I'd like it to.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fast startup is not working correctly and I'd like it to.: When I upgraded to my new pc specs below I noticed that whenever it boots I see the motherboard logo, then a black screen for a while, then the motherboard logo again before it finally boots up. This takes quite long and does not save the state of my pc when I shut it down....
  3. Fast startup is not working correctly and I'd like it to.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fast startup is not working correctly and I'd like it to.: When I upgraded to my new pc specs below I noticed that whenever it boots I see the motherboard logo, then a black screen for a while, then the motherboard logo again before it finally boots up. This takes quite long and does not save the state of my pc when I shut it down....
  4. Windows 10 Startup programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Startup programs: is it Safe to disable the Realtek WOWL Utility in the windows startup and what does this startup program do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-startup-programs/4466d1cb-0a17-49f7-b14b-ffd460b3d667
  5. windows 10 not working correctly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 not working correctly: Out of know where. My desktop started acting crazy. I have run the **** out of malware and defender. sfc \scannow shows no issues. I cannot run task manager. I cannot run regedit. I cannot boot into safe mode. When I get into windows screen. I cannot double click most icons....
  6. Program in Startup folder not starting on startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Program in Startup folder not starting on startup in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows maintains a list of programs that can launch themselves as soon as you log in to the system. It comes in handy for those […] This article Program in Startup folder not starting on startup in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Program ads

Program ads: I have placed 4 calls to Microsoft to complain about all the ads that interrupt my paid subscription to Microsoft Solitaire Collection. Why is this happening ? No one seems to have an answer....
  8. Unidentified program in Windows 10 startup named "Program".

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unidentified program in Windows 10 startup named "Program".: What is this and how to I delete/disable it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unidentified-program-in-windows-10-startup-named/8a9d2a66-4a2f-487e-880e-5b8261b811a0
  9. Adding A Program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding A Program: How do I add a program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-program/5b7ce76b-bbec-4950-8ffb-3ace5ee38cdf
  10. adding a program manually to startup

adding a program manually to startup: Hi All, my major issue so far with Win10 is that no matter what i do, a program will not start when i login. i am using say the time and I have done everything from changing the compatibility (check the run as admin) to adding a task scheduler job to run when the computer...