Windows 10: Adding a reg file for start-up in the mornings.

Discus and support Adding a reg file for start-up in the mornings. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am the only user of my computer & @ 82 y.o.; it’ my link to the outside world. Is there a .reg file that I can download & add to my computer to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by oldyeller38, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Adding a reg file for start-up in the mornings.

I am the only user of my computer & @ 82 y.o.; it’ my link to the outside world. Is there a .reg file that I can download & add to
    my computer to bypass Windows logon every morning? My computer is running Windows 10 Pro Version10.0.18363.
    I had to do a recovery of the o.s. after being hacked on Face Book’s Messenger. Windows Defender didn’t catch it!
    I did a search online for one & the page on this forum had so many it was all confusing to me. I don't have a college degree in computer science, I just want to fire up my computer each morning without a hassle of inputting data!

:)

oldyeller38, Dec 9, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

NEWLY added apps are not showing on Start App list

Hi Tamal,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1. Is Cortana able to search the apps installed?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Start Settings in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Turn on Show recently added apps in jump list of Start of Taskbar.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Dec 9, 2019
  3. Try3 Win User
    Import reg file in a batch file

I suggest that, as a first step, you edit the batch file so it captures the errorlevel after the reg import command.

- Something simple such asecho The reg import command result is - %ErrorLevel% will do as long as long as you put it in as the line straight after the reg import command and then put aPause command in as the next line [before restarting explorer] so you can have a look.

- Checking the errorlevel will tell you whether reg import thinks it has completed correctly or not.
    - While you are checking the errorlevel you could also go to the Registry key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search] to see what has happened to it [make sure you Refresh the view if you were already at that key beforehand]

I have never used reg import but I know there are optional arguments for 32/64 bit items so perhaps you might investigate them
    - enter reg import /? >RegImport.txt in a command prompt to save the Help guidance that mentions these switches.
    - I do not think these switches are relevant but I have never investigated their use properly.
    - For all I know, the problem might be as simple as reg import not being able to handle the comment lines, such as ; Cartella utente, properly

Best of luck,
    Denis

Try3, Dec 9, 2019
  4. Adding a reg file for start-up in the mornings.

Windows 10 regedit cannot import a reg file

This is an old question but see that the original poster never replied to your question. I have the same problem.

Windows 10, 64 bit, reg file is a ".reg" extension. The reg file was an export from the notepad registry item and am trying to force settings on my end users with the reg-hack when they login. I get the same error as the gentleman above and am not sure how
    to solve it. I have done reg hacks for many years with Win98-Win7 without any issues.

I have also opened the reg hack up with notepad and re-saved so the file isn't corrupted. I am also admin for our entire ms network which I thought might be the problem. I also added a command line switch "/reg:64" which one poster suggested would solve
    it but while the error goes away and it appears to run, nothing in the registry actually changes.

Thanks in advance if you're still listening (I hope)!

Dan M

Daniel Marvin, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

Adding a reg file for start-up in the mornings.

1. Adding a reg file for start-up in the mornings. - Similar Threads - Adding reg file

2. Windows fails to start up in the morning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows fails to start up in the morning: When I start up the computer each morning, Windows does not start up. Instead I get the message: "Reboot and select proper Boot device or insert proper Boot media in select device and press a key...".This began happening about 2-3 months ago, just when Windows 11 became...
  3. Windows fails to start up in the morning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows fails to start up in the morning: When I start up the computer each morning, Windows does not start up. Instead I get the message: "Reboot and select proper Boot device or insert proper Boot media in select device and press a key...".This began happening about 2-3 months ago, just when Windows 11 became...
  4. Windows fails to start up in the morning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Reg File to Set Up a New System

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reg File to Set Up a New System: After an OS is installed, it needs to be set up. In Win 7, it was easy. Two groups of settings needed to be changed, and the rest was mainly drivers and personal preferences. However, Win 10 is a mess that takes a couple hours to properly set up. So, I spent about three days...
  6. How do I undo recently added .reg files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I undo recently added .reg files?: So for some dumb reason Windows removed the "Auto Arrange" option. So I looked online for solutions and I found one that said download a reg file. With my galaxy brain I thought it would be great idea to install a file type that i didn't even know existed. After merging it it...
  7. Reg file Please

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reg file Please: Hello Had a look round the net to see if I can find a reg file to remove digital signatures tab in Windows 10 1809 x64 context menu properties for .exe files.Plenty of other edits but none for what I need. Does anyone have such a reg file or can point me to regedit to remove...
  8. Adapting .REG Files.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adapting .REG Files.: I came across these somewhere [sorry I can't remember where or I would credit the owner]. I know that Icon and Position are optional, but MUIVerb and SubCommands are compulsory. Code: [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\AdvancedStartupOptions]" MUIVerb"="Advanced...
  9. Adapting .REG Files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adapting .REG Files.: I came across these somewhere [sorry I can't remember where or I would credit the owner]. I know that Icon and Position are optional, but MUIVerb and SubCommands are compulsory. Code: [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\AdvancedStartupOptions]" MUIVerb"="Advanced...
  10. .reg file error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .reg file error: Hi,I tried to change windows 10 font style by running a reg file- Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts] "Segoe UI (TrueType)"="" "Segoe UI Bold (TrueType)"="" "Segoe UI Bold Italic (TrueType)"="" "Segoe...