Windows 10: Adding a rename script to right click context menu

Discus and support Adding a rename script to right click context menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Here is the quick explanation. We have an in-house Apache website used for scheduling and other misc. office items . Apache has a feature where you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by questorfla, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Adding a rename script to right click context menu

Here is the quick explanation.

We have an in-house Apache website used for scheduling and other misc. office items . Apache has a feature where you can add a "dot" to the front of any file or folder name and it will not show up to the people accessing the website. But the person editing the site can see and work with the hidden files or Data until it is ready. Users write-up items that they are not ready to display and and then remove the dot when they are.

The process works very well for our needs and I was trying to make Life a little easier if i could add a couple of options to the Users' right click context menus named "Hide and UN-hide" which would use "rename" command (or other if there is a better way' to add or remove the leading "dot" for the desired effect. Manually renaming works but is clumsy as it highlights the whole file or folder name. Making sure you only change the leading "dot' is tricky at times. Being able to right click on the selected item and remove the first character if it is a dot - or add one if it isn't would be super easy.

I have added items to the my own right click option menu before ..but not lately ... and this time I think it will involved more than one aspect since it needs to work on both files and folders, I am not sure a single command would work on both as the context menus are different for files than they are for folders. Anyway, advice appreciated.
    This will be used on Windows 10 x64 systems and I would rather do it as a registry edit if possible

Thanks

:)

questorfla, Dec 3, 2019

2. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Adding a rename script to right click context menu :(

ArmoredCavalry, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Dec 3, 2019
  4. User919 Win User

Adding a rename script to right click context menu

User919, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

Adding a rename script to right click context menu

1. Adding a rename script to right click context menu - Similar Threads - Adding rename script

2. Right Click context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click context menu: How to restore old Right-click Context menu in Windows 11 as default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu/cdfdc643-2248-4080-9d73-4685d6fdbe15
  3. Right Click context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Click context menu: How to restore old Right-click Context menu in Windows 11 as default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu/cdfdc643-2248-4080-9d73-4685d6fdbe15
  4. Right Click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right Click Context Menu: Is there a way to edit it? Mine has things I don't need. Also, is there a way to add things too? And if can't edit. just rearrange the order of the actions. Win10 Pro submitted by /u/Frankie_Hollywood [link] [comments]...
  5. Right Click mouse has no RENAME feature on the context menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right Click mouse has no RENAME feature on the context menu: Good Day, I just went to rename a file on my computer and discovered that the "rename" entry on the right click context menu is missing. I am not sure how to proceed with this. Anyone have a fix for this? Thank you....
  6. Right Click Context menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Click Context menu.: How can I change the size of the right click context menu? And can somebody tell me why the context menu changes its size automatically. Right now its showing like thispicture attached, earlier the width was less. [IMG]...
  7. Right-click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-click Context Menu: I click on ads on some websites and gadgets to give revenue to the service provider. Generally, I want to right-click, then click on 'Open Link in New Tab'. More and more, right-clicking is acting like left-clicking and taking me to the ad site in the current tab or doing...
  8. Right Click Context Menu Glitch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right Click Context Menu Glitch: If I Right Click in File Explorer or on Desktop and hover over "New," The Menu Freezes as does file explorer and will hang for around 30 seconds to one minute. Very Frustrating and hope it can be fixed!...
  9. Right Click context menu sloooow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Right Click context menu sloooow: I am using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit OS on my self built system. It's been working great for years but recently I have notice when right clicking on any file in File Explorer or on the desktop it takes up to 30 seconds for the context menu to appear. I have read other posts about...
  10. Right click context menu for explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click context menu for explorer: Trying to create a Right click context menu for explorer. I used to be able to launch VLC mediaplayer by right clicking on a Video_ts folder and chose play with VLC, seems to have gone for some reason...tried a few programs to help me with this but no luck yet....just tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 add file rename to explorer context menu