Windows 10: Adding a scanner but driver unavailable

Discus and support Adding a scanner but driver unavailable in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Trying to connect plustek 3800 scanner to windows 10 but drivers are not compatible . Which driver should I download and how.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BarbaraBowden2, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Adding a scanner but driver unavailable

Trying to connect plustek 3800 scanner to windows 10 but drivers are not compatible . Which driver should I download and how.

:)

BarbaraBowden2, Oct 29, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Wireless mouse "driver is unavailable" issues

Hi,

The error Driver is unavailable means that there is no available driver installed for your mouse that’s why it is not working. We suggest that you check the mouse driver from the device manager. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Mice and other pointing devices and click it to expand.
    • Check if there is a driver for the wireless mouse.

If there is none, we suggest that you visit the manufacturer’s website of the mouse and download then install the latest mouse driver compatible to Windows 10.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Oct 29, 2020
  3. adding a scanner

I have windows 10 (x64), I have downloaded Microsoft windows scan and installed it.

Bluetooth and other devices:

under Other Devices: Canon DR-3808CII is listed. but says driver is unavailable. I go to the canon site and

they say a driver is not needed, the OS will detect it. it's doesn't find it in my printers and other devices tab.

any suggestions?

PatriciaMcAllister2, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Isha Soni Win User

Adding a scanner but driver unavailable

Scanner Driver Installation Failure Following Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi,

Thanks for the update on the issue.

I would suggest you to update the driver from the device manager.

Follow the steps below to update the scanner driver.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your scanner driver.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the computer and check.

If you run the Hardware Update wizard and the wizard does not find your drivers, it means that the manufacturer or vendor for your device has not added the drivers for your device to Windows Update. You can also visit the web site of your device manufacturer
    or vendor to download or request the correct drivers for your device.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help you further.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Adding a scanner but driver unavailable

1. Adding a scanner but driver unavailable - Similar Threads - Adding scanner driver

2. Driver Unavailable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver Unavailable: I am having problems trying to print from my HP Envy 4520, it keeps saying Driver Unavailable, how do I add it, was working fine up to 3 days ago. I am not tech savy!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-unavailable/f34b6f12-6d7a-46c4-9e7e-2bd10e2a8a64
  3. Driver Unavailable

Driver Unavailable: I am having issues with a printer I am adding it in Control Panel>Hardware And Sound. Its a wireless printer the pc finds the printer and adds it as a scanner only. When I click the printer it says Driver Unavailable. In Device Manager I click on the printer and click update...
  4. adding a scanner

adding a scanner: I have windows 10 (x64), I have downloaded Microsoft windows scan and installed it. Bluetooth and other devices: under Other Devices: Canon DR-3808CII is listed. but says driver is unavailable. I go to the canon site and they say a driver is not needed, the OS...
  5. driver unavailable

driver unavailable: printer will not print "driver unavailable" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-unavailable/266b9f13-016b-4f84-8113-3b5e7ba56fa8
  6. driver is unavailable

driver is unavailable: I have a hp pavilion x 360 lap top. Trying to set up new printer hp deskjet 2636. Lap top control panel status- driver is unavailable. I deleted, set up again same thing. HP is no help....
  7. driver unavailable

driver unavailable: I am trying to add my wireless HP Envy 5530 to my laptop computer running Windows 10. I keep getting an error message 'driver unavailable'. It worked perfectly until I got a new power cord for printer. Any suggestions?...
  8. The driver is unavailable

The driver is unavailable: I installed an HP Officejet 6978 All-in-One can't print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-driver-is-unavailable/5ef2fcdc-bc0f-40c6-81f8-08c453eea08e
  9. Driver is unavailable

Driver is unavailable: I removed my printer connection from my new hp laptop with Windows 10, hoping the download of hp software of same would make the scanner work too (which wasn't working) and instead, now, NEITHER one works, and although my printer "shows up" as a device that is connected it...
  10. Driver is unavailable

Driver is unavailable: My printer Canon MP480 used to be working fine. Currently I can't use it and I am getting the following "Driver is unavailable" Can you please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-is-unavailable/b71748f6-c194-45f2-bbfb-bbbe1f3578c8