Windows 10: adding a scanner

Discus and support adding a scanner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have windows 10 (x64), I have downloaded Microsoft windows scan and installed it. Bluetooth and other devices: under Other Devices: Canon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PatriciaMcAllister2, Sep 21, 2019.

1. adding a scanner

I have windows 10 (x64), I have downloaded Microsoft windows scan and installed it.

Bluetooth and other devices:

under Other Devices: Canon DR-3808CII is listed. but says driver is unavailable. I go to the canon site and

they say a driver is not needed, the OS will detect it. it's doesn't find it in my printers and other devices tab.

any suggestions?

:)

PatriciaMcAllister2, Sep 21, 2019

2. Scanner

Hi JSmith,

Your scanner should be installed first in order for your computer to recognize it. Since you're using a printer/scanner in one, you need to add or install the device as a printer and as a scanner. Make sure that the printer is properly connected to your
    computer and is turned on when you try to install it. Follow these steps:

• Click Start > Settings > Devices.
    • Under Add printers & scanners, click the + sign and select
      Add device.

Once added, try checking if you're able to scan. If your computer still doesn't detect the scanner, then we suggest that you get in touch with HP Support for further assistance.

Feel free to let us know if you need more information.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 21, 2019
  3. Dave K B Win User
    Adding my Scanner Icon to my Desktop

My scanner is installed correctly, but I can not get an icon to my desktop. I tried the Start-Settings- Printers and Scanners and found the scanner listed, but I can not 'right click' to add shortcut. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Dave K B, Sep 21, 2019
  4. adding a scanner

Microtek scanner on Win 10 Pro

Hi Jean,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Is the scanner detected under Devices?
    • Were you able to see the scanner on the Device Manager?
    • Have you installed the latest driver for the scanner?

We suggest you to run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. To do this, follow the steps:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit enter.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and run the troubleshooter.

If issue persists, we suggest you contact the manufacturer to get better assistance.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Monica Cam, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

adding a scanner

1. adding a scanner - Similar Threads - adding scanner

2. How to stop Google Chrome pop up ads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop Google Chrome pop up ads: Hello Community; I have an HP desktop PC with OS of windows 10 Home.Just recently, on boot up, there are pop up ads that appear on the right side of my monitor, also the ads will pop once in awhile when I am using the pc. In the top left corner of the picture is says " GOOGLE...
  3. How to stop Google Chrome pop up ads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop Google Chrome pop up ads: Hello Community; I have an HP desktop PC with OS of windows 10 Home.Just recently, on boot up, there are pop up ads that appear on the right side of my monitor, also the ads will pop once in awhile when I am using the pc. In the top left corner of the picture is says " GOOGLE...
  4. How to stop Google Chrome pop up ads

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. IIS > Physical Path Identifier issue while adding a user account from ACTIVEDIRECTORY...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IIS > Physical Path Identifier issue while adding a user account from ACTIVEDIRECTORY...: Hello,I got some issues using IIS. I've done a password reinitialisation of my standard ACTIVEDIRECTORY account by using this tool : https://account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com/ChangePassword.aspxI restarted my machine, the new password in working well i could log to my...
  6. IIS > Physical Path Identifier issue while adding a user account from ACTIVEDIRECTORY...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    IIS > Physical Path Identifier issue while adding a user account from ACTIVEDIRECTORY...: Hello,I got some issues using IIS. I've done a password reinitialisation of my standard ACTIVEDIRECTORY account by using this tool : https://account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com/ChangePassword.aspxI restarted my machine, the new password in working well i could log to my...
  7. I have a Brother ADS2800W scanner. It has been successfully added but still won't scan....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a Brother ADS2800W scanner. It has been successfully added but still won't scan....: I have a Brother ADS 2800W scanner that I am trying to use for the first time. It has been attached to my HP pc successfully I believe, but it still will not scan. I have no idea why and I have spent the entire day trying to work it out. Why is it this hard? Can you please...
  8. I have a Brother ADS2800W scanner. It has been successfully added but still won't scan....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a Brother ADS2800W scanner. It has been successfully added but still won't scan....: I have a Brother ADS 2800W scanner that I am trying to use for the first time. It has been attached to my HP pc successfully I believe, but it still will not scan. I have no idea why and I have spent the entire day trying to work it out. Why is it this hard? Can you please...
  9. Adding a scanner but driver unavailable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding a scanner but driver unavailable: Trying to connect plustek 3800 scanner to windows 10 but drivers are not compatible . Which driver should I download and how. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-scanner-but-driver-unavailable/1963cf2d-0909-41e7-bf5b-eb993500ad1b
  10. Newly added printers no longer showing in Devices and Printers or Printers and Scanners(Win...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Newly added printers no longer showing in Devices and Printers or Printers and Scanners(Win...: Hello, I work at an MSP and we have several companies with the same issue; I was the first to notice it here about 3-4 weeks ago. For context I have observed this issue in 8, 10(Build 1803, 1809 and 1903). You can see the printers if you go to the classic printers view. As a...