Windows 10: Adding a second administrator

Discus and support Adding a second administrator in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Can I add an adult family member as a second administrator ?... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by EricDurish, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Adding a second administrator

Can I add an adult family member as a second administrator ?

:)

EricDurish, Mar 16, 2020
  2. Fortitude Win User

Is it advisable/useful to have a second (full) Administrator account?

Firstly, I should say that someone suggested this Forum to me and it's one of the most useful things that I have come across on the Internet!
    I read somewhere that one way to safeguard your system is to create a second Administrator account in addition to the one that is built-in in Windows, so that should there be a problem with the "original" Administrator account you would use the second one to restore the first one.
    If this is indeed advisable, what are the steps to do it? I presume that I should password-protect the second Administrator account.
    Would I have the second Administrator account always enabled and the original Administrator account always disabled?

Fortitude, Mar 16, 2020
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Barman58 Win User

Adding a second administrator

Adding Routers and Printers to a PC running Windows 10 Pro

The way I would handle this is to reset the router, you at the moment do not know how the device is setup - DHCP could be disabled so there is no way it will auto allocate IP addresses

You will need to do some research as to ...

• The reset procedure - normally there is an inset button that needs to be pressed for a few seconds
    • The administrator Name
    • The administrator Password
    • The default device IP address (the gateway address)

This information should be available online , (if not printed on the back / base of the device

Once you have this information a simple connection should allow access to the internal settings, Also you should check if a specific port must be used for this initial setup

If you are not sure of the way to proceed, post the full details of the router(s) involved and we will try to find and provide you with a step by step solution

Barman58, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Adding a second administrator

1. Adding a second administrator - Similar Threads - Adding second administrator

2. How to disable adding leap second

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to disable adding leap second: i have noticed the PC shutsdowns when it tries to add a leap second . I have over 100 shutdowns over the past month . i disabled date and time sync but dont know whether it will do the trick...
  3. adding second account to Microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    adding second account to Microsoft store: I have one Microsoft account account A linked to my PC, and I purchased an app, unintentionally using my other Microsoft account account B. I tried adding Account B as a family member in the PC's settings, but it still won't allow me to access the Microsoft store with Account...
  4. Second hand PC administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Second hand PC administrator: I bought a second hand PC and I can't remove the administrator and there are malwares such as TeamViewer and Ghost ToolBox. Anyone help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-hand-pc-administrator/54e44bc2-b213-48dc-a056-cbffab46c3c0
  5. Adding a second email address

Adding a second email address: I have my own email and on just one desktop computer, I need to have a second address for husband to receive emails. Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-second-email-address/7f05c7c2-31eb-4611-b8cc-a3b6bd886144
  6. Adding a second email with it's own identit

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adding a second email with it's own identit: My wife's email operates on my computer, but all her messages go out with my name on them. How do I remove my name from here email messages? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-second-email-with-its-own-identit/bf0126f6-1f8f-477b-a7ba-4a2298a07fed
  7. remove second administrator account

remove second administrator account: I have two administrator accounts on my Surface Pro 3 laptop, both are mine, I want to remove the one I don't use, but it does not allow me to remove this one , but only the other one which I need to keep, please advise !...
  8. Adding a second HD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding a second HD: I would like to add the HD from my previous desktop to my new desktop. The few articles I've read have only to do with a NEW HD, not a loaded one and require formatting which I fear will erase the HD. Is this doable? Both are system 10. Any links would be appreciated....
  9. Adding second display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding second display: I am trying to connect a second monitor to my Inspiron 13 tablet using an HDMI cable. How do I get this to work? The monitor is on, but I am not finding anywhere in settings on the tablet it add it....
  10. Version 1607 added a second printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Version 1607 added a second printer: Printer drivers must have been added during the Aug upgrade. I have an additional Brother printer on both desktop and laptop. On the desktop is a multi feature laser and on the laptop it is an inkjet. The laptop had the inkjet become the default printer I discovered when I...