Windows 10: Adding a second HD

Discus and support Adding a second HD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I would like to add the HD from my previous desktop to my new desktop. The few articles I've read have only to do with a NEW HD, not a loaded one and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FergusThornton, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Adding a second HD

I would like to add the HD from my previous desktop to my new desktop. The few articles I've read have only to do with a NEW HD, not a loaded one and require formatting which I fear will erase the HD. Is this doable? Both are system 10.

Any links would be appreciated.

Thank you.

:)

FergusThornton, Jun 16, 2019
  2. Swapna S Win User

Second monitor turned black, worked before

Hi Hendrik,

I appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing with the display on second monitor.

This issue might be related to the Intel HD Graphics 3000.

Provide us the additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exact error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

I suggest you to download and install the latest Intel HD Graphics 3000 drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link:

Search downloads

Please get back to us, if you are still experiencing with the display on second monitor.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Jun 16, 2019
  3. CyrrusV Win User
    hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Jun 16, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Adding a second HD

Cannot Format HD

Need to initialize it as GPT disk type with HD > 2TB:
    From Admin command prompt:
    1. diskpart
    2. list disk =====> Take a note of disk # for the 4TB HD
    3. select disk # ====> From step 2
    4. clean
    5. exit
    Open Disk Management and initialize the disk as GPT, create simple then format.

topgundcp, Jun 16, 2019
Thema:

Adding a second HD

1. Adding a second HD - Similar Threads - Adding second

2. Why does Onedrive not allow second business account to be added while there is one personal...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Onedrive not allow second business account to be added while there is one personal...: Why does Onedrive not allow second business account to be added while there is one personal account active ? it states "Sorry, OneDrive can't add your folder right now, Please contact support"...
  3. Why does Onedrive not allow second business account to be added while there is one personal...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does Onedrive not allow second business account to be added while there is one personal...: Why does Onedrive not allow second business account to be added while there is one personal account active ? it states "Sorry, OneDrive can't add your folder right now, Please contact support"...
  4. Why does Onedrive not allow second business account to be added while there is one personal...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to disable adding leap second

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to disable adding leap second: i have noticed the PC shutsdowns when it tries to add a leap second . I have over 100 shutdowns over the past month . i disabled date and time sync but dont know whether it will do the trick...
  6. How to disable adding leap second

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable adding leap second: i have noticed the PC shutsdowns when it tries to add a leap second . I have over 100 shutdowns over the past month . i disabled date and time sync but dont know whether it will do the trick...
  7. How to disable adding leap second

8. help meeeeeeeeee, i tried to play mincraft educion edition and it added A SECOND ACOUNT, i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help meeeeeeeeee, i tried to play mincraft educion edition and it added A SECOND ACOUNT, i...: Help me i need advice, and i cant contact any support because when i go to the support page it wont let me sign in, but when i go to other pages it signs me in, what should i do?...
  9. help meeeeeeeeee, i tried to play mincraft educion edition and it added A SECOND ACOUNT, i...

help meeeeeeeeee, i tried to play mincraft educion edition and it added A SECOND ACOUNT, i...: Help me i need advice, and i cant contact any support because when i go to the support page it wont let me sign in, but when i go to other pages it signs me in, what should i do?...
  10. Adding a second account to Windows 10 for OneNote or Outlook keeps prompting for password

Adding a second account to Windows 10 for OneNote or Outlook keeps prompting for password: When I add a secondary account to my OneNote app, it will prompt for a username, then prompt for a password. Once I enter the correct password, it asks to connect to Windows Hello. I have no choice but to hit ok, even though I turned off Windows Hello. When I click Ok, it...