Windows 10: Adding a second hotmail account to mail

Discus and support Adding a second hotmail account to mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have my primary hotmail account setup through Windows Mail for Windows 10 though when I try to add my secondary hotmail account to combine them into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by muzza82, Nov 27, 2020.

1. muzza82 Win User

Adding a second hotmail account to mail

I have my primary hotmail account setup through Windows Mail for Windows 10 though when I try to add my secondary hotmail account to combine them into my inbox it just loads for hours saying creating account.

I've tried different methods to add this account and have also not been able to add this account to mail apps on my phone or with my previous version of Windows.

Does anyone know why this would happening and how I can add the account into Mail?

:)

muzza82, Nov 27, 2020
  2. DMO
    dmo Win User

Windows Mail - Sent Folder (Hotmail) not showing mail > 30days old

Hi All, I've searched wide and far online for an answer but have had little luck - looking to one of you for some guidance here if possible.

Issue:
    • Sent mail folder in Mail application on Windows 10 doesn't sync more than 30 days of send messages for Hotmail account.
    • Only Hotmail account affected on Mail application; other sub folders sync as far back as possible
    • Gmail account is fine - can see years of sent email

Context:
    • I have 2 accounts added to my Mail client on Windows 10 - 1 hotmail, 1 gmail
    • I have Outlook mail installed on this machine also
    • Windows 10 Pro
    • Dell Precision M3800
    • Upgraded from Windows 7 -> Windows 10

Tried:
    • Removing and readding the hotmail account
    • Tried removing and adding the account as POP3 account as well as the built in Hotmail autosetup link
    • Removed all email accounts and readded them
    • Ensured that the application has permission to access calendar (have seen this online in a few places as a possible problem maker)
    • Checked that I have my sent messages (I can see them in Outlook 2013, but not in Mail -> Sent folder)

All help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance!

3. rpsgc Win User
    rpsgc, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Adding a second hotmail account to mail

My hotmail account could not be added to the mail and calendar app

Hi Jayson,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We apologize for not being able to address your concern in a timely manner.

I suggest you to install any pending updates on the PC to check, if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Let's try to follow these methods below, to resolve the issue:

Method 1:

Try to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps and refer to the link below:

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2:

If the issue still persists, let's try to follow these steps below, to fix your issue:

Add and remove the Hotmail account on Mail App:

I suggest you to remove Hotmail account and add this account again in Mail app.

Try these steps below to delete the Hotmail account on Mail app.

• Type Mail App in the search bar on the desktop and click on Add account in the Mail app Window.
    • Check for Hotmail account on Choose an account Window, then Tap or click the Hotmail account you want to remove.
    • At the bottom, tap or click Remove account or Remove all accounts, thus remove the Hotmail account.

Try these steps below to reconfigure Hotmail account on Mail app.

• Type Mail App in the search bar on the desktop and click on Add account in the Mail app Window.
    • Check for Hotmail account on Choose an account Window. If it is not available, go to Other account.
    • Add you Hotmail account Email address and Password in the Other account Window and check, if it works.

Method 3:

If the issue still persists in the Microsoft user account, let's try to run Microsoft account troubleshooter and check, if it works.

The Microsoft Account Troubleshooter scans a Windows 10 system for issues and repairs problems that are found in relation to your Microsoft Account.

The following issues are checked by the Microsoft Account Troubleshooter program:

•Corrupt Microsoft Account settings

•Can’t connect to the sync service

•Problems with Microsoft account Policy

•Microsoft Account required

•Connection issues due to proxy or certificate issues

•Check for roaming GPO enabled status

•Problem with system registration

•Signed in with a guest account, or Roaming User Profiles enabled

•You are not connected to the Internet

•Proxy Settings

•You have reached your daily sync quote

•Sync your settings is turned off

•Check system not activated.

Refer to the following link to run the troubleshooter:

Microsoft Account Troubleshooter:

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Adding a second hotmail account to mail

1. Adding a second hotmail account to mail - Similar Threads - Adding second hotmail

2. adding second account to Microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    adding second account to Microsoft store: I have one Microsoft account account A linked to my PC, and I purchased an app, unintentionally using my other Microsoft account account B. I tried adding Account B as a family member in the PC's settings, but it still won't allow me to access the Microsoft store with Account...
  3. Adding second computer to "Microsoft Account"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding second computer to "Microsoft Account": I hope this is the right group, I use two laptops, when I sign into my Microsoft Account, it is only showing one. I would like for it to show both. But when I click add device it's only talking about xbox's, and such, is there any way to add a second computer....
  4. Can't add Hotmail account to Mail app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't add Hotmail account to Mail app: Whenever I try to add a Hotmail account to the Mail app (which I literally just downloaded and installed from the Store), I get this error after I select the account on the screen prior: https://i.imgur.com/rWRvHVl.png What to do? The mail account exists and I can access it...
  5. Adding accounts to mail for windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding accounts to mail for windows 10: Hi, I tried to add additional mail accounts (Settings>Manage accounts>Add accounts) but the pop-up doesn't show, and hence unable to proceed and add new accounts. Tried uninstalling and re-installing but it still didn't work. Is there another way to add the accounts? Thank...
  6. adding icloud mail account

adding icloud mail account: Hi there, I keep getting a message saying my icloud account details are out of date. I click on fix account and enter my current password only to have the message come up again. I went to my apple id page and generated an app specific password for windows 10 mail but...
  7. adding a mail account to mail and keeping it there

adding a mail account to mail and keeping it there: I have been using mail for some time. it has a number of accounts. recently my most used account (my every day one) disappeared. I reloaded it (its Hotmail) and used it. the next time I used it, it had gone again and now I have to add it as an account, then it disappears and...
  8. Adding another Hotmail/Outlook account to my Mail App?

in Browsers and Email
    Adding another Hotmail/Outlook account to my Mail App?: Hello, I have a Microsoft account and I am using it with Windows 10. I want to use the Windows 10 built in Mail App. It seem very nice. I added multiple Gmail and Yahoo accounts without any issue. But, finally, when I want to add more Hotmail accounts Windows...
  9. Adding new accounts to Windows Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Adding new accounts to Windows Mail: I have added a gmail account to the Mail app but cannot add a Plusnet POP3 account in Settings/Accounts/Add account. In 'other accounts' I enter the email address and password and get the message : 'We couldn't find info for that account. Make sure that the email address is...
  10. Asks for PIN when adding a different hotmail account to the mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Asks for PIN when adding a different hotmail account to the mail app: I have two outlook/Hotmail accounts. One I log into the PC with (which is pretty crappy by the way and is a huge hassle in Windows 10 IMO). In the mail app, I was able to add the mailbox of the one I use, however I have a second email account through Hotmail that when I try...