Windows 10: Adding a second monitor in Windows 10. In Multiple Displays setting, the drop down box does...

Discus and support Adding a second monitor in Windows 10. In Multiple Displays setting, the drop down box does... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Adding a second monitor in Windows 10. In Multiple Displays setting, the drop down box does not display like below in the example. I need to add a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JeffSwift, Jul 7, 2019.

1. JeffSwift Win User

Adding a second monitor in Windows 10. In Multiple Displays setting, the drop down box does...

Adding a second monitor in Windows 10. In Multiple Displays setting, the drop down box does not display like below in the example. I need to add a second monitor and it appears I am not able to. I have also done the Windows symbol key and P at same time to pick from different displays, none work.

Adding a second monitor in Windows 10. In Multiple Displays setting, the drop down box does... th?id=OSAS.7E1FB3A3A8608185D86B1531CFCDB39F&w=568&h=322&c=7&rs=1&qlt=100&dpr=1.png

:)

JeffSwift, Jul 7, 2019

2. Windows 10 Multiple Display NOT Working

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the display drivers and then try to set up multiple monitors.

I suggest you to update the Graphics card drivers and check if it helps:

• Click on 'Start' and type 'Device Manager' in the start search box and press enter.
    • Click on the “Display adapters” to expand the list.
    • Right-click on drivers and update it.
    • If there are no update available, then go ahead and reinstall the driver by clicking on 'Uninstall'.
    • Restart the PC
    Connect a second monitor or projector

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 7, 2019
  3. Windows 10: Issues with detecting and adding second monitor.

Hi Brian,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if second monitor is not added properly.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to add the second monitor in the display and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "Settings" without the quotes in the search bar and click on
    System.

3. Click on Display.

4. Click on Detect button and try to add the display.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with adding second monitor, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 7, 2019
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

Adding a second monitor in Windows 10. In Multiple Displays setting, the drop down box does...

How to save a multiple displays settings?

Hi VAinc,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

You may want to answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. May I know the make and model of the PC?
    2. Did you try updating your display driver?
    3. Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

1. Go to settings
    2. Click on “System"
    3. Then click on Display
    4. Move your mouse to the monitor that needs to be set as primary and check the box
      "Make this my main display"
    5. Under "Multiple displays" select "Duplicate these displays"
    6. Then select “Keep this display settings
    Once you make these changes, you may restart the computer and check.

Hope it helps,

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community- Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Adding a second monitor in Windows 10. In Multiple Displays setting, the drop down box does... - Similar Threads - Adding second monitor

2. drop down boxes not clickable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    drop down boxes not clickable: I recently upgraded to windows 11 and now when I right click something the window that drops down is not clickable. And when I went to restart the computer I could click on the power icon but the options that came up where not clickable either. So now I cannot shut down or...
  3. drop down boxes not clickable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    drop down boxes not clickable: I recently upgraded to windows 11 and now when I right click something the window that drops down is not clickable. And when I went to restart the computer I could click on the power icon but the options that came up where not clickable either. So now I cannot shut down or...
  4. Does "Multiple display setting" change according to external monitor?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Does "Multiple display setting" change according to external monitor?: Hi I have a external TV connected to my PC and have the 'multiple display' setting on my PC configured to my needs (To Duplicate, Resolution etc), will replacing the TV to a completely different make/model with lower specs change the multiple display setting automatically...
  5. Display settings not saving with multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display settings not saving with multiple monitors: Hi, I have 3 monitors 1. 144hz 1080p monitor my main display 2. 1080p monitor 3. 4k 55" TV as third monitor Every other time I reboot, my display settings reset. I have the resolution on the first 2 monitors set to 1080p, and the third monitor set to 4k native....
  6. THE DROP DOWN BOX

THE DROP DOWN BOX: Hi The drop down box to change from 24 to 12 hour does not work,it only gives one choice. Please can you help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-drop-down-box/4a1087a6-d9e8-49fb-be03-2995968a95f8
  7. Display Settings for Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Display Settings for Second Monitor: Display setting is not working for my second monitor since installing Windows 10 on my PC. It does not allow me to set up second monitor, please help. Have check driver set up, still not working....
  8. Drop-down menus in display settings flickering

Drop-down menus in display settings flickering: The drop-down menus in the display settings are flickering, making it difficult to adjust resolutions or adjust external monitors sometimes. This is happening on 3 different Lenovo ThinkPad P52 laptops running Windows 10 Enterprise Ver. 1903. I have run all Windows and Lenovo...
  9. Windows does no display on my second monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows does no display on my second monitor: Hello, I've recently purchased 2 new super-thin HDMI cables since a normal one wouldn't fit in my Graphics Card due to problems with my computer case design. I ran into a problem with my second HDMI which is the one that displays 4K 60hz, the other one can only do up to...
  10. Adding second display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding second display: I am trying to connect a second monitor to my Inspiron 13 tablet using an HDMI cable. How do I get this to work? The monitor is on, but I am not finding anywhere in settings on the tablet it add it....