Windows 10: Adding a Shared Printer from Local Network

Discus and support Adding a Shared Printer from Local Network in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am wondering what has changed that I cannot add a shared printer on the local network to a different Microsoft Account. Previously, in Homegroups,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CptAmericaJD, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Adding a Shared Printer from Local Network

I am wondering what has changed that I cannot add a shared printer on the local network to a different Microsoft Account.

Previously, in Homegroups, both computers could join a homegroup and if the two PCs were in same private network with printer/file sharing enabled we could locate the printer and install on secondary computer over wifi private network.

Now:

1. Installed Printer by USB on PC1 under user 1. Printer works locally!

2. Turned on File/Printer Sharing on PC1 user 1.

3. Opened firewall on PC1 under user 1 to transmit and receive all packets from PC2.

4. Opened firewall on PC2 under user 1 to transmit and receive all packets from PC1.

5. Ping is successful in both directions.

6. Attempted to install Printer on PC 2 under user 1 and it installed.

I am able to print under my Microsoft account on PC2.

7. Next user, user 2, logs in and printer is not installed.

8. Attempt to install Printer under user 2 account. Cannot find printer! Would you like to install a generic driver?

Have tried by Discovery, by name, by TCP/IP to install the printer.

9. Log back under user 1 and tried to print. Print spooler has stopped! Restart print spooler and can print again, but only under user 1.

Has anyone run into this? Is there file/user ACL that might be blocking the usage? This seems to have started since the removal of homegroups in 1803.

:)

CptAmericaJD, Jun 3, 2019
  2. BobBarr Win User

networking a printer

It can be networked through the computer through control panel settings<view installed printers<your printer< share this printer I think is simple way someone else correct me if I'm wrong. Once you do that try connecting on your other comps by adding printer over network.

BobBarr, Jun 3, 2019
  3. networking a printer

true ive done it at my courses *Smile Adding a Shared Printer from Local Network :)
    so you just have to connect it to the pc and that one should be connected with the network *Smile Adding a Shared Printer from Local Network :)

DreamSeller, Jun 3, 2019
  4. JoeIrwin Win User

Adding a Shared Printer from Local Network

Window 10 will not connect to shared local printer on Windows 7

Nope. Followed all your suggestions but no success. I have two shared printers on the network (one wireless and one connected via LPT1.) While the wireless printer is working fine, the shared local printer is not seen. In fact, NEITHER printer shows up in the Windows 10 "Add Printer" wizard. This all happened after a recent Windows update. Please help.

JoeIrwin, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

Adding a Shared Printer from Local Network

1. Adding a Shared Printer from Local Network - Similar Threads - Adding Shared Printer

2. Error 0x0000011b when adding a shared network printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0x0000011b when adding a shared network printer: I have a wired printer connected to a desktop running Windows 10. I am trying to connect another Windows 10 laptop to this printer through the desktop's shared network. I can see the printer showing up in the network on the laptop, but I keep getting Error 0x0000011b when I...
  3. Error 0x0000011b when adding a shared network printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x0000011b when adding a shared network printer: I have a wired printer connected to a desktop running Windows 10. I am trying to connect another Windows 10 laptop to this printer through the desktop's shared network. I can see the printer showing up in the network on the laptop, but I keep getting Error 0x0000011b when I...
  4. Error 0x0000011b when adding a shared network printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. printer on shared network

printer on shared network: I have just updated Window 11, after updating the window, I am unable to add printer shared on network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-on-shared-network/3b1ac14f-dca7-473a-9590-663d80e24a9d
  6. sharing a printer on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sharing a printer on network: I'm trying to connect a secondary computer to the primary one but I get the error message:Windows can't communicate with the device or resource SOMERSETASPIRE.The computer or service you are trying to reach might be temporarilyunavailable. If the device or resource is nearby...
  7. Network shared printers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network shared printers.: And so following the latest updates to Windows 21H1 networked computers are no longer able to access shared printers on the network. Can be 'seen' but cannot be connected to or used.~So just when is this major issue to be fixed?And don't come on here and tell me there is a...
  8. Network shared printers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network shared printers.: And so following the latest updates to Windows 21H1 networked computers are no longer able to access shared printers on the network. Can be 'seen' but cannot be connected to or used.~So just when is this major issue to be fixed?And don't come on here and tell me there is a...
  9. Network shared printers.

10. Printer sharing on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printer sharing on network: I have a new MFC installed on a network computer but connected via USB. The printer is set up to share and I can connect and print from another desktop on a wired network. However, I can not load the printer utilities and remotely configure the MFC. The error message says the...