Windows 10: Adding a SSD and Windows 10 licensing...

Discus and support Adding a SSD and Windows 10 licensing... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently replaced a failed pc, and upgraded to windows 10 from my previous license on my old pc. The new pc has a smaller hard drive, and I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by breinhol(2), Jun 21, 2019.

1. Adding a SSD and Windows 10 licensing...

I recently replaced a failed pc, and upgraded to windows 10 from my previous license on my old pc. The new pc has a smaller hard drive, and I was thinking of adding a SSD to increase storage and load speed. Would this drive also have to have a licensed version of windows 10 on it, and if so, could I use my existing license for this drive as well?

:)

breinhol(2), Jun 21, 2019
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Jun 21, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 21, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Adding a SSD and Windows 10 licensing...

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

Adding a SSD and Windows 10 licensing...

1. Adding a SSD and Windows 10 licensing... - Similar Threads - Adding SSD licensing

2. Cloning HDD to SSD and Windows 10 License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloning HDD to SSD and Windows 10 License: Hello everyone,I have a laptop I bought in 2014. It came with Windows 8 installed. Years later, I upgraded it to Windows 8,1, and later, to Windows 10.Now, I am planning to clone the HDD to Samsung 870 QVO using Samsung Data Migration Tool. It seems there won't be an issue on...
  3. Cloning HDD to SSD and Windows 10 License

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cloning HDD to SSD and Windows 10 License: Hello everyone,I have a laptop I bought in 2014. It came with Windows 8 installed. Years later, I upgraded it to Windows 8,1, and later, to Windows 10.Now, I am planning to clone the HDD to Samsung 870 QVO using Samsung Data Migration Tool. It seems there won't be an issue on...
  4. Transferring Windows 10 license to SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring Windows 10 license to SSD: I've seen very conflicting answers to this question. I'm getting a ssd and I plan on installing windows on it to use for my main use on my computer. I have an oem version of windows and I want to move my activation to the new drive but not to a new computer. Some forum...
  5. New SSD added

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New SSD added: Clone the windows drive or fresh installation of Windows in Windows 10.....which one is best???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-ssd-added/54c41e59-c688-4551-b1fa-d17a47349518
  6. adding an SSD Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    adding an SSD Disk: Hi, I have windows installed on my 1TB HDD, now I wanted to extend the capacity of my pc by installing an 500GB M.2 Sata SSD. After the Hardware was installed in the PC, the bios won't recognize my HDD anymore. If I remove the SSD, it recognize it again. I tried all...
  7. Adding an SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding an SSD: Hi everyone, haven't posted anything in a long while. Although I haven't got a problem per se, more of a technical question - I would like to add an SSD to my workstation that has a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard but I'm not sure it's possible. I essentially would like to...
  8. Replacing HDD with SSD Windows 10 license

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replacing HDD with SSD Windows 10 license: I have an HP Pavilion laptop with Windows 10 on it. I would like to replace the HDD with an SSD with a clean install, rather than clone the HDD. Will I lose my Windows 10 license or will I be able to install Windows 10 and activate the copy? Thank you....
  9. Windows 10 license code on new SSD

Windows 10 license code on new SSD: Hi, I bought notebook in Germany with preinstalled Windows 10 Home, german version. Now I had to replace SSD drive because original SSD stopped working. I downloaded Win 10, US version but during installation i have problem with licensing. To be honest before my old SSD...
  10. Transfer Windows 10 license to SSD

Transfer Windows 10 license to SSD: Hello, I have a laptop with pre-installed Windows 10 Home. I am upgrading my storage into an SSD soon and I want to know if I can transfer that license since it will be in the same laptop anyways. Thanks...