Windows 10: Adding a Theme

Discus and support Adding a Theme in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I go to settings/personalization/themes/get more themes in Microsoft store see one I like, apply it and it doesn't download to themes but it goes to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SonofSouthie, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Adding a Theme

I go to settings/personalization/themes/get more themes in Microsoft store see one I like, apply it and it doesn't download to themes but it goes to apps & features. The only thing I can do from there is move itto my external hard drive or uninstall it.

Any help will be appreciated.

:)

SonofSouthie, Jun 4, 2020

2. Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - How to install themes

Hi Rykel,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. Don’t worry. We will assist to resolve this issue.

What error do you receive while trying to download themes?

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps:

• Right click on the desktop screen and select
              Personalize.

• Select themes from the left side of the page.

• Next select Themes settings.

• Select Get more Themes online.

Try the above suggestion and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Ruz San Win User

Adding a Theme

I cant add a theme to my Windows 10 PC.

Hi,

Some features that were available in previous operating systems have been improved in the Windows 10 interface. Please provide answers to the questions below so we can determine why you are facing difficulties in adding or setting themes in Windows 10:

• How do you attempt to change the theme on your computer?
    • Do you get any errors when applying themes the usual way?
    • How long have you been using Windows 10?

You can choose your theme for Windows 10 by opening Personalization. Follow these steps to check the suggestion yourself:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Choose Personalize.
    • Go to Themes.
    • Open Theme settings.
    • Choose what theme you like to set.

Come back if you need further assistance.

Ruz San, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Adding a Theme

1. Adding a Theme - Similar Threads - Adding Theme

2. How to stop Google Chrome pop up ads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop Google Chrome pop up ads: Hello Community; I have an HP desktop PC with OS of windows 10 Home.Just recently, on boot up, there are pop up ads that appear on the right side of my monitor, also the ads will pop once in awhile when I am using the pc. In the top left corner of the picture is says " GOOGLE...
  3. How to stop Google Chrome pop up ads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop Google Chrome pop up ads: Hello Community; I have an HP desktop PC with OS of windows 10 Home.Just recently, on boot up, there are pop up ads that appear on the right side of my monitor, also the ads will pop once in awhile when I am using the pc. In the top left corner of the picture is says " GOOGLE...
  4. How to stop Google Chrome pop up ads

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. IIS > Physical Path Identifier issue while adding a user account from ACTIVEDIRECTORY...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IIS > Physical Path Identifier issue while adding a user account from ACTIVEDIRECTORY...: Hello,I got some issues using IIS. I've done a password reinitialisation of my standard ACTIVEDIRECTORY account by using this tool : https://account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com/ChangePassword.aspxI restarted my machine, the new password in working well i could log to my...
  6. IIS > Physical Path Identifier issue while adding a user account from ACTIVEDIRECTORY...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    IIS > Physical Path Identifier issue while adding a user account from ACTIVEDIRECTORY...: Hello,I got some issues using IIS. I've done a password reinitialisation of my standard ACTIVEDIRECTORY account by using this tool : https://account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com/ChangePassword.aspxI restarted my machine, the new password in working well i could log to my...
  7. IIS > Physical Path Identifier issue while adding a user account from ACTIVEDIRECTORY...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. 19045.2846 added weird transparency issues to dark-themed programs?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    19045.2846 added weird transparency issues to dark-themed programs?: Don't know if this should be Text Support or Bug. Windows 10, Version 22H2 (Os Build 19045.2856). After installing the latest update (April 11 I guess?) I started noticing that dark-themed programs such as Discord and Photoshop had partial transparency--I could see Firefox...
  9. Adding a Theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding a Theme: Good Day, On my company laptop, I have a local account, which is the administrator. I also have setup my work email, which is a G-Suite email, under Email & Accounts. When I try to add a free theme, I get the screen to login to the account, My credentials are being...
  10. Clarifying "Adding" a photo or photos to an existing Theme Pack - 2018 cont'd

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clarifying "Adding" a photo or photos to an existing Theme Pack - 2018 cont'd: Background: I found information back in 2010 related to Win 10, but the discussion is now LOCKED. I wanted to clarify the instructions provided in 2010 to same question: "Right click the Desktop and select Personalize. Select the Theme that you want to change. Click the...