Windows 10: Adding a USB card

Discus and support Adding a USB card in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I want to add a Inateck PCI-E to USB 3.0 5-Port PCI Express Card, or preferably a Ideapro 7 Port USB 3.0 Internal PCI-E PCI Express Host Controller... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by reddwarf4ever, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Adding a USB card

I want to add a Inateck PCI-E to USB 3.0 5-Port PCI Express Card, or preferably a Ideapro 7 Port USB 3.0 Internal PCI-E PCI Express Host Controller Expansion Card Adapter with 4 Pin Power Connector. As I need a lot of extra USB sockets, for my GA-F2A88XM-HD3 mobo, however I have a EVGA 02G-P4-3658-KR GeForce GTX 650Ti Boost Superclocked Nvidia Graphics Card fitted to the pci-e 16 slot, which covers the pci-e 1 socket.....there is another pci-e16 slot which gigabyte refer to as a pci-e 4 capable socket ???

Will the 7 port fit ? Or maybe the 5 port card ?

many thanks in advance

:)

reddwarf4ever, Aug 23, 2017
  2. farby Win User

Adding a memory card to a 5230

As stated above, the best way is to un-install from the phone memory and re-install them on the Memory card..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

farby, Aug 23, 2017
  3. Adding a memory card to a 5230

I posted a
    similar question
    in the maps group and then realised it has a more general meaning.

My new memory card arrives in a day or two and until it does I have not been downloading much on my phone but I have been using things like Ovi Maps and being online in general

I noticed that looking at the memory usage there are 42MB of Other files.

Now I noticed that each time in OVI maps I goto a completely new place it downloads about 7MB of data, and as far as I remember I have had 3 or 4 of these but that still leave about 20MB

When I insert my memory card can I move stuff to the card and 'clean up' the phone?

Or would I have to do something like a 'restore of the factory setting' that deletes everythig and then start again.

spamthroat, Aug 23, 2017
  4. Phone Man Win User

Adding a USB card

It probably is a PCIe-16 physical socket but is only wired with 4 PCIe lanes. Should work fine with any PCIe-4 card. This is very common on a lot of systems.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Aug 23, 2017
  5. Phone Man Win User
    It should be fine.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Aug 23, 2017
  6. Thanks so much, not much room under my graphic card, but hopefully this rather a flat card so should fit ok.

Adding a USB card [​IMG]

Adding a USB card [​IMG]

reddwarf4ever, Aug 23, 2017
  7. Phone Man Win User

Adding a USB card

It has a lot of room as that PCIe-4 slot is the last slot on your board.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Aug 23, 2017
  8. Hoped it would be, but thought the pci slot was the last one, that's excellent news.

thanks for your help

reddwarf4ever, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Adding a USB card

1. Adding a USB card - Similar Threads - Adding USB card

2. Trouble adding debit card to account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble adding debit card to account: Whenever I try to add my debit card to my account it gives me this arrow code "Check the info you entered. It doesn't match the info for this card." although I was able to add my card on my other account i added my card to my other account a while ago and i had the same issue...
  3. Trouble adding debit card to account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trouble adding debit card to account: Whenever I try to add my debit card to my account it gives me this arrow code "Check the info you entered. It doesn't match the info for this card." although I was able to add my card on my other account i added my card to my other account a while ago and i had the same issue...
  4. Trouble adding debit card to account

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. USB card Code 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB card Code 10: I have a number of customers who use the StarTech USB card PEXUSB3S25 to run some optical equipment, i beleive that since they have had automatic updates they have had issues when trying to use the card. The errors are:- This device cannot start. Code 10 - {Operation...
  6. USB WIFI card

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB WIFI card: [ATTACH] Today i decided to upgrade from windows 7 to Windows 10.Everything went smoothly except when i opened my pc i wasnt connected to my wifi.After some digging i found out that it wouldnt even read my USB Wifi card.I have tried every single solution found on the...
  7. Adding Memory to a Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Adding Memory to a Graphics Card: Good morning everyone, I have a NVidia Quadro K1100 with 2gigs of memory. Is it possible to add more memory to the card? 115483
  8. usb card reader?

usb card reader?: i copied files to my card reader ,can you tell me why some files are visible & some are not? thanks it shows they are on there . 88733
  9. adding a USB 3.0 PCIE

adding a USB 3.0 PCIE: Guys, I have a not so old CPU and I am getting frustrated with the transfer speed (since the mother board only supports USB 2.0) and I was planning to upgrade my motherboard to I could take advantage of the 3.0 transfer speed. While shopping for a compatible motherboard, I...
  10. Adding a SATA RAID card

Adding a SATA RAID card: I'm wondering if I've made a schoolboy error here... I'm trying to add more disks to my desktop and have run out of SATA ports the motherboard has 6. I've just added a SATA RAID card (Semlos 4 Ports PCI Sata Internal Raid Controller Card Sil3114 Chipset with 2 Sata...