Windows 10: Adding a user in Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Adding a user in Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've been using Windows 10 for a while now. Recently, I've done fresh updates, which eventually created windows.old folder. The problem started when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by #jay9, Feb 10, 2019.

1. #jay9 Win User

Adding a user in Windows 10 Home

I've been using Windows 10 for a while now. Recently, I've done fresh updates, which eventually created windows.old folder.

The problem started when I logged in as Administrator, and removed existing user account. I can't create back another user account.

From Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Manage another account -> Manage Accounts -> Add a new user in PC settings, opens up Settings screen.

From there, I click "Add someone else to this PC" and it results in following screen:

Adding a user in Windows 10 Home 4c579e19-e751-48c9-9155-47cfb143c3d7?upload=true.png

True that I have Windows 10 Home edition, but this was never problem.

Does any one have any clue?

:)

#jay9, Feb 10, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 10, 2019
  3. windows 10 - Microsoft Store & Adding new user

Hi,

Creating or adding new user account is one possible troubleshooting step that you can perform whenever you are encountering problems with Windows Store. Through this, we can identify if there are corrupted files in the current user that causes problem with
    Windows Store. If you are having problem adding account through Account settings, let us try these steps instead:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type this net localgroup administrator test /add and hit
      Enter
    Keep us posted.

Antoneth Ber, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Adding a user in Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Adding user Home

2. Adding a user account in Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding a user account in Windows 11 Home: I'm trying to give my wife a user account on my laptop. When I go to accounts/add it now says she already has an account but when I look only myself and my son are listed. When I do the netuser account only he and I are listed. I'm trying to make it so she can use my laptop...
  3. Adding a user account in Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding a user account in Windows 11 Home: I'm trying to give my wife a user account on my laptop. When I go to accounts/add it now says she already has an account but when I look only myself and my son are listed. When I do the netuser account only he and I are listed. I'm trying to make it so she can use my laptop...
  4. Adding user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding user: Hey, i cant figure out how to add a user while not being signed in, there is an acount but its not mine and dont have the password for it. Is there a way to add a user in lockscreen?...
  5. Adding user

Adding user: Hey, i cant figure out how to add a user while not being signed in, there is an acount but its not mine and dont have the password for it. Is there a way to add a user in lockscreen?...
  6. Adding user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Adding a user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding a user: Last time I remember adding a user to a PC awhile back it was a Simple matter through Settings. This time I had to sign into Microsoft. After entering username and password a pop-up asked me to enter the password “one more time” but did not accept the re- entry. Finally I...
  8. Adding a user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding a user: Last time I remember adding a user to a PC awhile back it was a Simple matter through Settings. This time I had to sign into Microsoft. After entering username and password a pop-up asked me to enter the password “one more time” but did not accept the re- entry. Finally I...
  9. Adding a user

10. adding a new user on Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    adding a new user on Windows 10: Hi. I would like to add a new user so that it appears on the log in screen, the way previous versions of Windows did. There are instructions on the web, but the screen shots they show are different than I see on my screen when Windows 10 starts....