Windows 10: Adding a user in Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Adding a user in Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've been using Windows 10 for a while now. Recently, I've done fresh updates, which eventually created windows.old folder. The problem started when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by #jay9, Feb 10, 2019.

1. #jay9 Win User

Adding a user in Windows 10 Home

I've been using Windows 10 for a while now. Recently, I've done fresh updates, which eventually created windows.old folder.

The problem started when I logged in as Administrator, and removed existing user account. I can't create back another user account.

From Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Manage another account -> Manage Accounts -> Add a new user in PC settings, opens up Settings screen.

From there, I click "Add someone else to this PC" and it results in following screen:

Adding a user in Windows 10 Home 4c579e19-e751-48c9-9155-47cfb143c3d7?upload=true.png

True that I have Windows 10 Home edition, but this was never problem.

Does any one have any clue?

:)

#jay9, Feb 10, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 10, 2019
  3. windows 10 - Microsoft Store & Adding new user

Hi,

Creating or adding new user account is one possible troubleshooting step that you can perform whenever you are encountering problems with Windows Store. Through this, we can identify if there are corrupted files in the current user that causes problem with
    Windows Store. If you are having problem adding account through Account settings, let us try these steps instead:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type this net localgroup administrator test /add and hit
      Enter
    Keep us posted.

Antoneth Ber, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Adding a user in Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Adding user Home

2. Windows security 1809 home user

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows security 1809 home user: HI I was wondering if I could ask a question about Windows security that is installed with the latest version of Windows 10. Since I am a home user I was just curious to understand do I have to manually update the windows defender definitions every hour by going to windows...
  3. Adding User to Correct User Folder Name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding User to Correct User Folder Name: So when I did a system restore on my computer to return it back to factory default...I logged in using my Microsoft account which is an email starting with "Boo......." However my name on my Microsoft account is "Summer"...It's always been "Summer" all my folders in the past...
  4. Adding multiple users on a windows 10 pro via a domain

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding multiple users on a windows 10 pro via a domain: Hi, We are looking to have various windows 10 pro machines shared by various users via a domain. What we want to do is have multiple users accounts on one machine via a domain. So for instance, when you add another local user to the machine via settings>accounts>other...
  5. Adding new user problems

Adding new user problems: Whenever I add a new user, some of the elements of Windows 10 don't work properly. For instance, the Start Menu does not pop up, or either the right click or the left click works but not both, Also some apps like Weather try to start but immediately shut off. Even the...
  6. Added User, original user / profile & settings disappeared

Added User, original user / profile & settings disappeared: Upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 some months ago. Original profile did not require password to log in, and was not associated with a Google email or Microsoft account that I know of. I added a user a couple of days ago (added a personal account of mine with my own...
  7. Added a new user account to computer

Added a new user account to computer: Hi, I had an account on my wife's computer, (it was my old computer), I deleted it to save some room on here HD. Then I added a new user, using the same user name and password that is on this computer. I just signed in to the new account and it went through the motions of...
  8. Problem added new user

Problem added new user: I'm going to give my computer to my wife so I added her as a new user. First on her W10 computer she's not signed in through her Microsoft account, just her name and a random password, upgraded from Windows 7. Wasn't able to use that, Windows requires a Microsoft...
  9. windows 10 added a second user account sort of

windows 10 added a second user account sort of: Hi, I set up a lot of pc's and I've had this problem before with windows 8.1. I set up a single user account with Microsoft account (email and password). Then I want the pc to never ask for password, so I run userpasswords2 and uncheck so password is never asked for and we...
  10. Local Users and Groups on Windows 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Support
    Local Users and Groups on Windows 10 Home Edition: I was able to map a user to a group using the 'netplwiz' command function. However, i need to add a user to more than 1 group but dont know how to achieve this Can anyone help LUSRMGR does not work on my version of Windows as i run the Home Edition 43668