Windows 10: Adding a user within a charity organisation and user on a domain?

Discus and support Adding a user within a charity organisation and user on a domain? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have started working for a charity as an IT volunteer. I have been given a laptop to use. It has 2 users available these being the OldUser and an... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by grahamm7, Jan 31, 2020.

1. grahamm7 Win User

Adding a user within a charity organisation and user on a domain?

I have started working for a charity as an IT volunteer. I have been given a laptop to use. It has 2 users available these being the OldUser and an admin account that just logs onto the PC but has full administrator rights. The charity is on an internal domain lets call it fred.org. Although its external DNS name is fred.org.uk. So on most machines there is the logon shown who normal uses it, plus admin plus the option for other. I then put in my name graham.marriott and it logs me in on that machine against the domain. Or I can log on as admin as I am an IT administrator. Unfortunately our IT Manager has died. So there is no one on site with extensive knowledge in this area. So I logged on as the administrator of that PC. Then went to the Settings -> Accounts. Then went to add an account. But if you try to add lets say *** Email address is removed for privacy *** it says No this is NOT a Microsoft Account. It was very hard to get round this requirement to use a MS Email account! I even tried to use net use x:fred.org /ADD but it didn’t like that either. I do have an administrators ID such as *** Email address is removed for privacy *** on the domain. Can any one advise me or point me in the right direction? I used to work in networking but not MS networks with domains etc. It would be good to learn about how domains work inside an organisation. We use Sharepoint and One Drive business and also Azure etc. Which is all very new to me. Plus with no IT Manager no one to help me. So again advice very welcome.

:)

grahamm7, Jan 31, 2020
  2. RobJM# Win User

User Name or Password Incorrect When Trying to Log In as Domain User

I've tried searching repeatedly for an answer to this problem but I seem to be getting nowhere.

My client purchased a desktop PC with Windows 10 Home edition installed. I upgraded the machine to Windows 10 Pro. I added a Microsoft account to the machine.

I logged in using this account and added the machine to the domain (Windows Server 8). When prompted to enter a domain user account, I used my Administrator account. The machine was added fine. I can see it in the list of devices on the server.

Now when I try to log in to the machine as a domain user or the domain administrator, I get an error. Here are my steps at the login screen:

1. Click on Other user (Note that "Sign in to: <DOMAIN>" is displayed)

2. Enter user name (I've also tried DOMAIN\User and *** Email address is removed for privacy ***)

3. Enter password.

4. Click on arrow.

5. Message displayed is "The user name or password is incorrect. Try again."

I've tried multiple domain accounts and verified their passwords. It seems that only the local/Microsoft account will let me into the PC.

RobJM#, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jan 31, 2020
  4. Adding a user within a charity organisation and user on a domain?

Forum users with Hotmail/Outlook/Exchange account

The two-step verification emails show up in my inbox but I added a rule to mark the domain name safe a long time ago (verified that "techpowerup.com" is still in the safe sender list).

FordGT90Concept, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

Adding a user within a charity organisation and user on a domain?

1. Adding a user within a charity organisation and user on a domain? - Similar Threads - Adding user within

2. Move AD Users to another domain in Active Directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move AD Users to another domain in Active Directory: Hi Everyone, Can any one help me here!!There any option on the Move AD Users to another domain in Active Directory??Regards Praveen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-ad-users-to-another-domain-in-active/9599c5ef-6840-44e6-a2b2-4eb7649fb3a2
  3. Move AD Users to another domain in Active Directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move AD Users to another domain in Active Directory: Hi Everyone, Can any one help me here!!There any option on the Move AD Users to another domain in Active Directory??Regards Praveen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-ad-users-to-another-domain-in-active/9599c5ef-6840-44e6-a2b2-4eb7649fb3a2
  4. Adding user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding user: Hey, i cant figure out how to add a user while not being signed in, there is an acount but its not mine and dont have the password for it. Is there a way to add a user in lockscreen?...
  5. Adding a user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding a user: Last time I remember adding a user to a PC awhile back it was a Simple matter through Settings. This time I had to sign into Microsoft. After entering username and password a pop-up asked me to enter the password “one more time” but did not accept the re- entry. Finally I...
  6. User@Domain / Domain\User problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User@Domain / Domain\User problem: So I was checking my Windows 10 computer and saw that there was no domain, it was in a WORKGROUP. I needed to use the format "User@Domain" or "Domain\User" for something, and I do not know what to put. The username is just "User" and there is no password. submitted by...
  7. Adding Domain User as Local Admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Domain User as Local Admin: Hi there, We are trying to set up the computer of one of our remote employees in house and are running into the issue that every time a setting is changed or a program is installed, it is requiring an administrator password from our domain. We don't want this meaning having...
  8. User accounts are blocked within an AD RODCs, this occurs when the user changes the password.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User accounts are blocked within an AD RODCs, this occurs when the user changes the password.: Hello, I comment. I have an AD server is in 2012 R2, this is read only, since a while it is happening that users are blocked after changing the password for expiration time. The users change their credentials, they use the computer and when they log in to the computer for...
  9. Issue with adding an user computer to domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with adding an user computer to domain: I have an issue with one computer in my domain and i removed that computer from domain. But, i wanted that computer to add back into domain. Now the issue is i am getting an error message saying DC can't be contacted. The error message is as follows. " Note: This...
  10. Domain users?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Domain users?: Our company has about 40 Laptops that all have windows 7 on them. Since they are all connected to our domain the GWX app will not appear on any. Would running the upgrade from a WIN 10 DVD activate properly? 9968