Windows 10: Adding a user

Discus and support Adding a user in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Last time I remember adding a user to a PC awhile back it was a Simple matter through Settings. This time I had to sign into Microsoft. After entering... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Legovf718, Nov 7, 2021.

1. Legovf718 Win User

Adding a user

Last time I remember adding a user to a PC awhile back it was a Simple matter through Settings. This time I had to sign into Microsoft. After entering username and password a pop-up asked me to enter the password “one more time” but did not accept the re- entry. Finally I tried leaving the field blank and that worked - sign-in completed. Then I could add a user by “allowing” my wife’s family account. Is there a good source that explains how computer user accounts relate to the website? And why I was asked to reenter PW but only leaving field blank worked?

:)

Legovf718, Nov 7, 2021
  2. Louie Del Win User

Adding User Errors

Hi,

The error message that you’ve encountered can be caused by an invalid or corrupted registry keys. You may also get the same error when your computer shuts down
    unexpectedly. To learn more about your concern with adding a user, we’d like to ask the following questions:

• Are you also getting the error when you add a user?
    • Were there any changes or updates made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so for to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the System File Checker tool. This will scan and restore the corrupted system files on your device. Check this
    article
    for the steps.

We’ll wait for your response.

Louie Del, Nov 7, 2021
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Nov 7, 2021
  4. Adding a user

windows 10 - Microsoft Store & Adding new user

Hi,

Creating or adding new user account is one possible troubleshooting step that you can perform whenever you are encountering problems with Windows Store. Through this, we can identify if there are corrupted files in the current user that causes problem with
    Windows Store. If you are having problem adding account through Account settings, let us try these steps instead:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type this net localgroup administrator test /add and hit
      Enter
    Keep us posted.

Antoneth Ber, Nov 7, 2021
Thema:

Adding a user

1. Adding a user - Similar Threads - Adding user

2. IIS > Physical Path Identifier issue while adding a user account from ACTIVEDIRECTORY...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IIS > Physical Path Identifier issue while adding a user account from ACTIVEDIRECTORY...: Hello,I got some issues using IIS. I've done a password reinitialisation of my standard ACTIVEDIRECTORY account by using this tool : https://account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com/ChangePassword.aspxI restarted my machine, the new password in working well i could log to my...
  3. IIS > Physical Path Identifier issue while adding a user account from ACTIVEDIRECTORY...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    IIS > Physical Path Identifier issue while adding a user account from ACTIVEDIRECTORY...: Hello,I got some issues using IIS. I've done a password reinitialisation of my standard ACTIVEDIRECTORY account by using this tool : https://account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com/ChangePassword.aspxI restarted my machine, the new password in working well i could log to my...
  4. IIS > Physical Path Identifier issue while adding a user account from ACTIVEDIRECTORY...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to limit the number User Account allowed to be added to a Windows device sign-in.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to limit the number User Account allowed to be added to a Windows device sign-in.: I'm looking for a way to restrict a child's ability to bypass their account restrictions by adding a new account to a windows device. Any advice?...
  6. How to limit the number User Account allowed to be added to a Windows device sign-in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to limit the number User Account allowed to be added to a Windows device sign-in.: I'm looking for a way to restrict a child's ability to bypass their account restrictions by adding a new account to a windows device. Any advice?...
  7. How to limit the number User Account allowed to be added to a Windows device sign-in.

8. Hackers converted Home edition into work added 13 users with trusted installer credentials

Hackers converted Home edition into work added 13 users with trusted installer credentials: My Microsoft home was hacked, turned into a work account and 13 users added with installer privileges. I am an attorney and they have access to confidential info. They change all privileges to allow chromecast or mirrorcast and use across several devices. They also hacked...
  9. Hackers converted Home edition into work added 13 users with trusted installer credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hackers converted Home edition into work added 13 users with trusted installer credentials: My Microsoft home was hacked, turned into a work account and 13 users added with installer privileges. I am an attorney and they have access to confidential info. They change all privileges to allow chromecast or mirrorcast and use across several devices. They also hacked...
  10. Microsft account dialog closes when adding a User

Microsft account dialog closes when adding a User: I want to add a New User to my Computer so I do the basics "Settings>Accounts>Family & Other Users". But when I click add another user the Microsoft Account window appears complete in its windows theme gray and it has its Application Text, Maximize, Minimize, and Close...