Windows 10: Adding a website with Icon to the desktop

Discus and support Adding a website with Icon to the desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I add a website and Icon to the desktop?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MikeTucker5, May 4, 2019.

1. Adding a website with Icon to the desktop

How do I add a website and Icon to the desktop?

:)

MikeTucker5, May 4, 2019

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 4, 2019
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, May 4, 2019
  4. Adding a website with Icon to the desktop

Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, May 4, 2019
Thema:

Adding a website with Icon to the desktop

1. Adding a website with Icon to the desktop - Similar Threads - Adding website Icon

2. adding shortcut icons to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adding shortcut icons to desktop: How do I add my favorite icons to desktop? I just installed a windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-shortcut-icons-to-desktop/026cc788-7fe5-4b5d-ad68-083807619f82
  3. adding shortcut icons to desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    adding shortcut icons to desktop: How do I add my favorite icons to desktop? I just installed a windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-shortcut-icons-to-desktop/026cc788-7fe5-4b5d-ad68-083807619f82
  4. Adding icons to desktop in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding icons to desktop in Windows 11: I am unable to add icons to the desktop. The only option is to add to taskbar. I the file explorer does not appear when I click on the application after clicking on a blank screen and then new. What am I doing wrong?...
  5. Adding icons to desktop in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding icons to desktop in Windows 11: I am unable to add icons to the desktop. The only option is to add to taskbar. I the file explorer does not appear when I click on the application after clicking on a blank screen and then new. What am I doing wrong?...
  6. How drag a websites shortcut icon to the desktop and not as a generic?

in Browsers and Email
    How drag a websites shortcut icon to the desktop and not as a generic?: I like to keep the customize icons as a shortcut but most change to a generic icon when dragging. How to fix on Win10 Home? 178221
  7. Phantom desktop icons added to my HTPC desktop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Phantom desktop icons added to my HTPC desktop.: I just did a clean install of Windows 10 v2004. When install was complete there was a whole host of mostly blank tile iconsshortcuts that appeared on my desktop. Most had names and the name all matched programs that I have installed on another PC. I didn't want any of them...
  8. Windows changed desktop links to websites by adding .URL and changing the icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows changed desktop links to websites by adding .URL and changing the icon: I have about 37 links to websites that I've put on my desktop. Today, when I rebooted Windows 10 pro 64-bit, it asked me what I wanted to use to open these files and I picked a browser. It added ".URL" to the shortcut name and changed all of the icons to the icon of the...
  9. Prevent icons from being added to desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Prevent icons from being added to desktop?: I keep getting icons for Internet Explorer, Outlook, etc added to my desktop. Where can I disable this? Creating a schedule task to delete them isn't a great option since they get added back a few minutes later. version 1909 (build 18363.657) 154994
  10. desktop icons not opening the website

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop icons not opening the website: we recently had the problem of Yahoo taking over our Google chrome search engine, I some how got rid of Yahoo but now when we click on desktop icons the website does not open, it just goes to google search engine...