Windows 10: Adding a Windows 11 Pro laptop to a Windows 10 Home workgroup

Discus and support Adding a Windows 11 Pro laptop to a Windows 10 Home workgroup in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a workgroup with one stationary serving as the server and is running Windows 10 Home. I have added a tablet and another stationary that are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Carol W_6159, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Adding a Windows 11 Pro laptop to a Windows 10 Home workgroup

I have a workgroup with one stationary serving as the server and is running Windows 10 Home. I have added a tablet and another stationary that are part of the workgroup and are both running Windows 10 Home. I am looking at purchasing a laptop, and with the current deal, the laptop has Windows 11 Pro as the Operating System.We should be able to add this laptop even tho it is running a different version of operating system, correct? My understanding is that Windows 11 Pro has all the features of home and shouldn't be an issue?Thanks,Carol Wiegmann

:)

Carol W_6159, Nov 29, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 29, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Club

Adding a Windows 11 Pro laptop to a Windows 10 Home workgroup windows-10-build-9926-png.png

So I've tried the Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview Build 9926,... So far so good i like it, it appears to already have DX12.

At list i have an old Laptop to test it on,.. it's good so far and i highly think I'll be upgrading to it day on of release.

dxdiag screen above

Protagonist, Nov 29, 2022
  4. Scrizz Win User

Adding a Windows 11 Pro laptop to a Windows 10 Home workgroup

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Nov 29, 2022
Thema:

Adding a Windows 11 Pro laptop to a Windows 10 Home workgroup

1. Adding a Windows 11 Pro laptop to a Windows 10 Home workgroup - Similar Threads - Adding Pro laptop

2. windows 10 pro to windows 11 home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 pro to windows 11 home: good day. i want to upgrade from windows 10 pro with no product activation key. i purchased windows 11 home directly from microsoft.com and an email with the product key was sent. i cannot download windows 11 home. i tried several times but it downloads windows 11 pro...
  3. Windows 11 Home to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 11 Home to Windows 10 Pro: Hi. I am wondering, if my windows 11 home is replaced to windows 10 pro, will all my personal files be deleted? I know all the apps will be uninstall and i have to reinstall it, which is fine. But if I am trying to downgrade to windows 10 pro from win 11 home, just so i can...
  4. Adding a Windows 11 Pro laptop to a Windows 10 Home workgroup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding a Windows 11 Pro laptop to a Windows 10 Home workgroup: I have a workgroup with one stationary serving as the server and is running Windows 10 Home. I have added a tablet and another stationary that are part of the workgroup and are both running Windows 10 Home. I am looking at purchasing a laptop, and with the current deal, the...
  5. Adding a Windows 11 Pro laptop to a Windows 10 Home workgroup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding a Windows 11 Pro laptop to a Windows 10 Home workgroup: I have a workgroup with one stationary serving as the server and is running Windows 10 Home. I have added a tablet and another stationary that are part of the workgroup and are both running Windows 10 Home. I am looking at purchasing a laptop, and with the current deal, the...
  6. Windows 10 Home to Windows 11 Pro

Windows 10 Home to Windows 11 Pro: Hi,I have digital license of Windows 10 Home. Can I upgrade to Windows 11 Pro or will I need to buy separate license for that?Thanks,Adnan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-to-windows-11-pro/7f1d6048-50e3-4f62-b4d1-9134da9c6157
  7. Windows 10 Home to Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home to Windows 11 Pro: I currently have 10 Home in my pc, but was recently given 11 Pro key. I wanted to ask if I need to save my 10 home key before upgrading to 11 Pro so I can still use my 10 Home in my upcoming build?...
  8. Transfer Windows 10 Pro to Another Laptop with 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows 10 Pro to Another Laptop with 11 Home: I need to purchase a new laptop and transfer everything over. Current laptop was 10 Home which I paid to upgrade to 10 Pro. I know that if I purchase a new laptop with 10 Home, I can move the Pro license key over. My question is whether you can move the Pro license key from...
  9. Transfer Windows 10 Pro to Another Laptop with 11 Home

Transfer Windows 10 Pro to Another Laptop with 11 Home: I need to purchase a new laptop and transfer everything over. Current laptop was 10 Home which I paid to upgrade to 10 Pro. I know that if I purchase a new laptop with 10 Home, I can move the Pro license key over. My question is whether you can move the Pro license key from...
  10. Sharing on a Windows 10 Pro workgroup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sharing on a Windows 10 Pro workgroup: I setup a share on a Windows 10 pro computer so that others can map to it via \\hostname\share. The issue is that when I try mapping to it from another computer on the workgroup it prompts for creds. When I enter the creds of the local admin user and click save credentials is...