Windows 10: Adding accents at file details.

Discus and support Adding accents at file details. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I am using Windows 10 and I am unable to add French accents at file details. I am only able to add the accents in the file names. Therefore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lekqueti, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Lekqueti Win User

Adding accents at file details.

Hello.

I am using Windows 10 and I am unable to add French accents at file details. I am only able to add the accents in the file names. Therefore I can have a song with accents in it's file title but I cannot have the accents at its details.

I need the accents at details because I need to put the music in my phone and I want the title to be complete. The phone reads the track names from the details tab.

I have tried to do the next things to fix the problems.

-Install French language pack
    -Change the OS language to French

The problem still continues.

é becomes e

Here is a picture with the details field I am talking about. (Random from the web so ignore the red marks)

I want to add accents at the Title field.

http://cdn.howto-connect.com/wp-cont..._of_a_file.png

:)

Lekqueti, Oct 17, 2016

2. Windows Explorer: Adding details to files

Hi Aron,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Which is the version of Word are you using?

We understand that you want to EDIT the details of WORD documents. Please be advised that, you can rename the word documents by right click the file and select the Rename. Now, to know how to edit the details of the Word files, we would ask you to redirect
    the query to the Office support forums as they are more capable to assist you in this regard.

Results in Office - Microsoft Community

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Amarjeet_Paul, Oct 17, 2016
  3. aron.s Win User
    Windows Explorer: Adding details to files

I have a large amount of word documents that I want to organize in a more effective manner. How can I add any details that I want to these documents. I know how to change details such as title, subject, tags, categories, etc. However I would like to be able
    change details not commonly used for word documents such as artist, genre, album, etc.

How can I do this?

Thanks very much

Aron

aron.s, Oct 17, 2016
  4. Try3 Win User

See French accents

I have been able to add accents to the Details tab [Title & Comments fields] of music files by pasting the letters in [as discussed in the link].

Denis

Thema:

1. Adding accents at file details. - Similar Threads - Adding accents file

2. Adding Detail Heading in File Explorer that is not provided

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding Detail Heading in File Explorer that is not provided: In File Explorer One can display details such as name, title, size, type, Date Modified, etc.I would like to create a detail not offered. That is, for a music file, I would like to be able to add 'Speed', and I would like to record if the song is played 'fast' or 'slow', or...
  3. Adding Detail Heading in File Explorer that is not provided

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding Detail Heading in File Explorer that is not provided: In File Explorer One can display details such as name, title, size, type, Date Modified, etc.I would like to create a detail not offered. That is, for a music file, I would like to be able to add 'Speed', and I would like to record if the song is played 'fast' or 'slow', or...
  4. Adding Detail Heading in File Explorer that is not provided

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Extract Details of files in File Explorer

Extract Details of files in File Explorer: Hi Good MorningCan anyone explain the procedure to extract "TITTLE" of all the files in file explorer into excel formatRight side pane comes when we select 'Details" button under "View" option...
  6. Files not adding.

Files not adding.: Hello, I have a 16gb memory stick and I imported a few clips onto the stick from my pc when I try to load the files into the video editor its says: "Something went wrong add some other files" I have kept deleting the flies and importing them back onto the stick but it seems...
  7. Add details to files in the detail view

Add details to files in the detail view: Hello. I have a folder, "Invoices," that has a few different file types in it. The files are invoices that I get from vendors, normally as email attachments. I have over 100 vendors and I get the invoices as PDF's, Excel, or Word. I drag and drop the email attachment to...
  8. Adding Tags & Details to Folders Update?

Adding Tags & Details to Folders Update?: Is there any (easy) was to add details or tags to folders? I have no coding-type knowledge/ experience. I know this is an old question (to which the answers I've found are all NO), but I'm hoping that maybe Microsoft has a feature hidden in Windows 10 that I might not have...
  9. Windows Media Player Error! Will Not Allow Details To Be Added To A Video File!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player Error! Will Not Allow Details To Be Added To A Video File!: Windows 10 is giving me this error when I simply go to add details to a video file. Please see screenshot....is Windows Media Player no longer a windows product or app? I don't see it as a choice. [ATTACH]...
  10. File Explorer displays MP3 details, NOT File Details. How to switch ?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer displays MP3 details, NOT File Details. How to switch ?: Hello, In Windows 10 using the File Explorer, When I copy/create a new .MP3 file onto my computer it is displaying the .MP3 info. and not general file info. in the File Explorer. Example: It displays "Name, #, Title, Artist, Album" etc. It should be displaying......

Users found this page by searching for:

1. adding french accents to file names