Windows 10: Adding accents at file details.

Discus and support Adding accents at file details. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I am using Windows 10 and I am unable to add French accents at file details. I am only able to add the accents in the file names. Therefore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lekqueti, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Lekqueti Win User

Adding accents at file details.

Hello.

I am using Windows 10 and I am unable to add French accents at file details. I am only able to add the accents in the file names. Therefore I can have a song with accents in it's file title but I cannot have the accents at its details.

I need the accents at details because I need to put the music in my phone and I want the title to be complete. The phone reads the track names from the details tab.

I have tried to do the next things to fix the problems.

-Install French language pack
    -Change the OS language to French

The problem still continues.

é becomes e

Here is a picture with the details field I am talking about. (Random from the web so ignore the red marks)

I want to add accents at the Title field.

http://cdn.howto-connect.com/wp-cont..._of_a_file.png

:)

Lekqueti, Oct 17, 2016

2. Windows Explorer: Adding details to files

Hi Aron,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Which is the version of Word are you using?

We understand that you want to EDIT the details of WORD documents. Please be advised that, you can rename the word documents by right click the file and select the Rename. Now, to know how to edit the details of the Word files, we would ask you to redirect
    the query to the Office support forums as they are more capable to assist you in this regard.

Results in Office - Microsoft Community

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Amarjeet_Paul, Oct 17, 2016
  3. aron.s Win User
    Windows Explorer: Adding details to files

I have a large amount of word documents that I want to organize in a more effective manner. How can I add any details that I want to these documents. I know how to change details such as title, subject, tags, categories, etc. However I would like to be able
    change details not commonly used for word documents such as artist, genre, album, etc.

How can I do this?

Thanks very much

Aron

aron.s, Oct 17, 2016
  4. Try3 Win User

See French accents

I have been able to add accents to the Details tab [Title & Comments fields] of music files by pasting the letters in [as discussed in the link].

Denis

Thema:

1. Adding accents at file details. - Similar Threads - Adding accents file

2. How to remap grave accent to acute accent

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remap grave accent to acute accent: I still don't know how to do this, even after trying various softwares on the web. I need specifically to reassign the ´ (acute ) to the ` (grave) key in a USA keyboard. In all programs, I can find easily the grave, but they don't show the acute as an option. On...
  3. file explorer icloud photo detail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer icloud photo detail: in window 10 file explorer, how do I get the detail view in the icloud photo download folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-icloud-photo-detail/742dcd64-5921-4e7b-a193-3a541aea2ef3"
  4. MP3 file property details

MP3 file property details: When I update mp3 properties details contributing artist, a drop down window appears with artist names. How do I add artist to this list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp3-file-property-details/16ba24b3-cbf1-48b6-864c-c88c978712bc"
  5. Windows Media Player Error! Will Not Allow Details To Be Added To A Video File!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player Error! Will Not Allow Details To Be Added To A Video File!: Windows 10 is giving me this error when I simply go to add details to a video file. Please see screenshot....is Windows Media Player no longer a windows product or app? I don't see it as a choice. [ATTACH]...
  6. * Added to File Extention

* Added to File Extention: Good evening, I recently took files from my Tablet and transferred them to my Thumb Drive. I plugged the drive into my PC and for each file, the file name now reads... examplefilename.jpg.* or Examplemoviename.mp4.* And neither of the two will open. Has this...
  7. Position of File Explorer Details Pane

in Windows 10 Customization
    Position of File Explorer Details Pane: Hi. According to the final entries on this old thread: Possible to display details pane on bottom? - Page 2 - - Windows 10 Forums oldnewexplorer doesn't work after the Windows 10 anniversary update. I've newly upgraded to W10 and am disappointed that there is no longer a...
  8. Change Cortana's Accent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Cortana's Accent: Hello all, just upgraded to Windows 10 Enterprise today. I am a fan of the Halo, so I am a bit disappointed that Cortana has a different voice for me in the UK than the one in the US (which is the same voice actor as the one in the game). Does anyone know how I might...
  9. File Explorer displays MP3 details, NOT File Details. How to switch ?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer displays MP3 details, NOT File Details. How to switch ?: Hello, In Windows 10 using the File Explorer, When I copy/create a new .MP3 file onto my computer it is displaying the .MP3 info. and not general file info. in the File Explorer. Example: It displays "Name, #, Title, Artist, Album" etc. It should be displaying......
  10. Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows: How to: Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows How to Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows The details pane shows you see the most common properties associated with the selected file. File properties...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. adding french accents to file names