Windows 10: Adding account - Windows Hello and Pin Code

Discus and support Adding account - Windows Hello and Pin Code in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi everyone ! First things first : english is not my native language, please tell me if you don't understand what I'm asking haha : So ! Tonight I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Laozorus, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Laozorus Win User

Adding account - Windows Hello and Pin Code

Hi everyone !

First things first : english is not my native language, please tell me if you don't understand what I'm asking haha :

So ! Tonight I was willing to add a Microsoft account to my computer in order to use this account on the Xbox App. So mailAdding account - Windows Hello and Pin Code :password, all works fine. And then it says I need to use Windows hello to end the process. I press ok and I get a window "Security Microsoft" asking me a Pin code. I don't remember having one, so I click "Forgot my code". The window then tells me to go to "settings > accounts > connection options" to reset it.

Adding account - Windows Hello and Pin Code 3d4f44f6-5667-4890-982d-c801dfa4445d?upload=true.png

But in my settings, it's said that Windows' Hello Pin Code is not available, with a message like with my translation skills "sorry but this Pin code doesn't work the your organisation resources. Click here to correct the issue". Starts smelling bad but I click.

Opens a new window with a button "configure a confidential code" and asks me to connect to my Microsoft account. I enter the email I entended to use in the first place and got an error "you cannot connect here with a personal account, please use a professional or student account instead".

Adding account - Windows Hello and Pin Code 843c28ba-63bc-4539-b130-3e32e082ae70?upload=true.png

So I cannot add an account because I need a pin code, which I can't configure 'cause its a personnal account ?

Any idea ? Did I do something wrong ?

Additional details:

- I'm using W10 Home x64 version 1909
    - System is all up to date

:)

Laozorus, Jan 31, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Noor_Azam Win User
    Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the complete error code or error message that you are receiving when you try to setup Windows Hello?

Do you have any other user account on the computer?

If yes, does Windows Hello work on that account?

If Windows Hello is not setup on other account, please setup it up and check if it works so that we can narrow down the issue for you.

I suggest to remove the pin and setup a new pin on the child account and check if it works with Windows Hello.

Please follow the steps below to remove and re-add the PIN:

• Press Windows logo key + I to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, remove the pin. There will be prompt to enter password, enter the password and removed the PIN.
    • After the pin is removed, please click on
      Add to setup pin for the account.
    • After setting up a new PIN, try to set up Windows Hello.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Jan 31, 2020
  4. Adding account - Windows Hello and Pin Code

windows hello and pin

Hi,

This error code is usually caused by corrupted Windows system files. For better assistance, we would like to ask the following:

• What happens when you're trying to set up Windows Hello or a pin on your computer?
    • Is there an error message displayed when setting up Windows Hello or a pin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • How did you reinstall Windows?

Looking forward to your reply so we can provide the best resolution for you.

Gerard Qui, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

Adding account - Windows Hello and Pin Code

1. Adding account - Windows Hello and Pin Code - Similar Threads - Adding account Hello

2. Windows Hello PIN - On local accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello PIN - On local accounts: Hello Community,Windows Hello PIN has been used mainly on Microsoft accounts, but I've seen it to local accounts. It works the same, type in your PIN. You can also select password, but still the same....
  3. Windows Hello PIN - On local accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello PIN - On local accounts: Hello Community,Windows Hello PIN has been used mainly on Microsoft accounts, but I've seen it to local accounts. It works the same, type in your PIN. You can also select password, but still the same....
  4. Windows Hello PIN - On local accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Microsoft Account and Windows Hello PIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account and Windows Hello PIN: Last weekend I wiped my SSD and re-installed Windows 10 Home Edition and subsequently the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro and Microsoft 365. Windows 10 version number 20H2. OS Build 19042.662. Install and 365 download went as expected, but I made two errors for which I am at loss...
  6. Adding windows hello pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Adding windows hello pin: Hi there. I have a problem about adding windows hello pin. When i try to add, little windows appeared there called "microsoft account". And then i face error like this : "you will need the internet" , despite of i hav already connected. I also tried to restart laptop. But it...
  7. Adding windows hello pin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding windows hello pin: Hi there. I had problem about adding microsoft account to my win10 laptop. there was error like this : "you will need the internet". But i had already connected. It fixed after i restarted laptop. But, while adding win hello pin i faced it again. "you will need the...
  8. Picture/Pin Password for AD accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Picture/Pin Password for AD accounts: Hello, I've introduced Picture password and Pins for a few users within my organisation, however, I am interested in setting it up for the whole company but on the AD network level. Currently, the users are setting this up via the Local account, meaning that any time they...
  9. Cannot make windows hello pin code

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot make windows hello pin code: I used to use windows fingerprint sign-in option. However, after some update, I had to use my password only. (when I tried with fingerprint, it declined with an error message) So I deleted my fingerprint to resolve the issue. and if I go to PIN settings, it looks like I...
  10. Deleted local user account and adding windows hello

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleted local user account and adding windows hello: Hi I had an issue with my sons family activity reporting and it appeared to be because he was a local user account rather than under my family in terms of the user admin. I couldn't find an option to switch him from a local user to a Microsoft family account user so created...