Windows 10: Adding accounts to mail for windows 10

Discus and support Adding accounts to mail for windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I tried to add additional mail accounts (Settings>Manage accounts>Add accounts) but the pop-up doesn't show, and hence unable to proceed and add... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by hltannnnn, Dec 24, 2018.

1. hltannnnn Win User

Adding accounts to mail for windows 10

Hi,
    I tried to add additional mail accounts (Settings>Manage accounts>Add accounts) but the pop-up doesn't show, and hence unable to proceed and add new accounts. Tried uninstalling and re-installing but it still didn't work. Is there another way to add the accounts?

Thank you.

HL

:)

hltannnnn, Dec 24, 2018

2. Linking external e mail accounts to the Mail tile in Window's 10

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to delete and existing account that is added in Mail Tile App.

• Open the Mail Tile App.
    • Click on the Gear icon in the left bottom corner.
    • Select “Accounts” from the list.
    • Select the Account which needs to be deleted and click on “Delete”.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 24, 2018
  3. Unable to delete the initially added account in Mail app on Windows 10.

Hello Thesstral,

Thanks for the update on the above issue.

The first account added to the Mail app would have converted your user account to a
    Microsoft account. Since the mail account added initially is now in sync with the user account, delete option will not be available.

I suggest you to convert the user account to the Local account by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: To convert the Microsoft user account to Local user account follow the steps below:

• Sign in into your Microsoft user account on Windows 10.
    • Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Click Accounts and under Your emails and accounts
      click on sign in with a local account instead option.
    • Enter your Microsoft account's password and click on Next.
    • Type in the Password and
      Password Hint that you want set for your local account and click
      Next. Click on Sign out and Finish button.
    • Restart/Shutdown the PC.
    • Go to Mail app and delete both the added accounts and check if the action performed is successful.
    • Now add/configure the account with appropriate settings and check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: To convert the Local user account to Microsoft user account follow the steps below:

• On the newly converted Local account, press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Click Accounts and under Your emails and accounts click on
      sign in with a microsoft account instead option.
    • Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Sign in.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 24, 2018
  4. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Adding accounts to mail for windows 10 :(

Zakin, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Adding accounts to mail for windows 10 - Similar Threads - Adding accounts mail

2. Adding additional email account to Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding additional email account to Windows 10 Mail: I cannot get Mail to enable additional email accounts. I have one account that runs perfectly. I want to add a further account using the same ISP. The second account is installed using the same server settings as the first with different email address and password but it will...
  3. Adding an account to Windows 10 Mail for the first time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding an account to Windows 10 Mail for the first time: I have a new Dell laptop and am trying to setup my gmail account in the Windows 10 Mail program. When trying to do the initial Mail setup, the program responds with "We couldn't find your settings. Error code: 0x80070490. I verified in Google mail that Windows has access. I...
  4. Windows Mail - Adding an imap account

Windows Mail - Adding an imap account: Hello, So, I want to link my work mail account to the desktop app and no matter what I always end up having a "Can't get mail" message below my account. Step by step, here's what I'm doing : Under Account, select Add Account In the popup, choose Advanced setup and then...
  5. Adding Contacts to my Windows 10 Mail account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding Contacts to my Windows 10 Mail account: I would like to add my contact list from Outlook to my Windows 10 Mail account, Can this be done? I have also tried to add an email address from a sent email but I cannot find the "save" icon on my mail page. Many thanks....
  6. Adding BT email account contacts to Windows 10 Mail account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding BT email account contacts to Windows 10 Mail account: I have successfully added my bt email account to the windows 10 mail app. However, when I go to people, my contacts are not there. I have tried to import contacts and configure via advanced setup. I have used the email settings provided by BT. incoming server...
  7. Adding an account to Windows Live Mail 2012

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding an account to Windows Live Mail 2012: I am trying to add my wife's gmail account to Windows Live Mail which I have used successfully with my own gmail account for a couple of year now. Although we have checked the settings a number of times it continually comes up with the error message "The server has rejected...
  8. adding icloud mail account

adding icloud mail account: Hi there, I keep getting a message saying my icloud account details are out of date. I click on fix account and enter my current password only to have the message come up again. I went to my apple id page and generated an app specific password for windows 10 mail but...
  9. adding a mail account to mail and keeping it there

adding a mail account to mail and keeping it there: I have been using mail for some time. it has a number of accounts. recently my most used account (my every day one) disappeared. I reloaded it (its Hotmail) and used it. the next time I used it, it had gone again and now I have to add it as an account, then it disappears and...
  10. Adding new accounts to Windows Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Adding new accounts to Windows Mail: I have added a gmail account to the Mail app but cannot add a Plusnet POP3 account in Settings/Accounts/Add account. In 'other accounts' I enter the email address and password and get the message : 'We couldn't find info for that account. Make sure that the email address is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 mail new added account dissapears

2. problem adding account in adding account in win 10 mail