Windows 10: Adding additional data seen by Explorer to a folder name in Windows 10

Discus and support Adding additional data seen by Explorer to a folder name in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I would like to be able to add additional information to each sub-folder that exists inside specific folders in Windows 10. There are a number of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by questorfla, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Adding additional data seen by Explorer to a folder name in Windows 10

I would like to be able to add additional information to each sub-folder that exists inside specific folders in Windows 10. There are a number of columns that can be enabled under View but i have not found any way to access them to add the information.
    This information will be used for labeling and sorting of the sub-folders into groups so it needs to be something that could be seen by any folder that was set up to display those fields.
    I thought at first that this could be accomplished by setting the top level folder to display one or more of the view attributes but so far i have not been able to get anything to show up in those fields nor can I find any way to write data into them.
    Preferably Windows Explorer would display the normal sub-folder name , date, type etc and then show the additional 'sub-group name' or 'sub-type' that it belonged to. Is there a simple way to manage this

:)

questorfla, Dec 24, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 24, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

Some suggestions

Kreij, Dec 24, 2019
  4. Adding additional data seen by Explorer to a folder name in Windows 10

User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

Adding additional data seen by Explorer to a folder name in Windows 10

1. Adding additional data seen by Explorer to a folder name in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Adding additional data

2. Adding an additional face on Windows Hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Adding an additional face on Windows Hello: Hi,I am asking this because it'll make my life a bit easier when I'm not at home. I tend to work at my university's library sometimes, and currently we are supposed to keep our masks on while inside. However, Windows Hello couldn't recognise me when I have a mask on, so I...
  3. Adding an additional face on Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding an additional face on Windows Hello: Hi,I am asking this because it'll make my life a bit easier when I'm not at home. I tend to work at my university's library sometimes, and currently we are supposed to keep our masks on while inside. However, Windows Hello couldn't recognise me when I have a mask on, so I...
  4. Naming NEW folders - Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Naming NEW folders - Windows Explorer: Every time I try naming a new folder Windows 10 sees to constantly refresh, deleting letters and worlds. here is what I have done and have on my PC:-I don't download any non-standard software to my PC-I run Webroot antivirus software-Run defrags weekly-Clean my hard drive...
  5. Adding additional keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding additional keyboard: Trying to add a Russian keyboard to my PC. Have done the bog standard basics but the PC asks me to input a PIN and I don't have a PIN. Googled this and advice was to try 0000 or 1234. No luck. It is saying it does not recognise the device. Any ideas? Thanks...
  6. Adding additional drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adding additional drive: Hi everyone, I just got a new Windows 10 laptop, can I use the old HDD from my previous Windows 7 laptop as a secondary drive? My laptop already has the additional drive bay, but I'm worried if Windows won't recognise files on this hdd as there is windows 7 on it? Is it a...
  7. Adding date to the name of files and folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding date to the name of files and folders: Hi, I would like to add the "Date Created" or "Date Modified" to any files or folders. Possibly by right-clicking on it and running a script from the context menu. Can that be done with autohotkey, batch file or VBS ? Any help would be appreciated example: "test.txt" to...
  8. Files and folders names in explorer

Files and folders names in explorer: Letters in the name of files or folders in explorer are separated. For example, look at the screenshots:[ATTACH][ATTACH] As you can see, the name is written as a single word, but, when i save it, it separates. How to solve this problem? I have the latest Windows 10 2004...
  9. Adding Additional Devices

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding Additional Devices: I have 5 devices on my MS account. I wish to add 5 more. How can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-additional-devices/5f4d14c1-5c6b-4292-8c0d-c8efa62ef884
  10. Windows 10 Public Folder Not Seen

Windows 10 Public Folder Not Seen: Upgraded one of my PC's yesterday(7/29) from 7 Home Premium to 10. Now the other two PC"S in my home, both 8.1, cannot see the public folder of the 10 PC. 10 can see the 8.1 just fine. Tried typing to users/public into the explorer address bar and got an 0x80004005 error...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to copy a shortcut from sharepoint to explorer